Are cylinder pressure and boost pressure inextricably linked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are cylinder pressure and boost pressure inextricably linked
Of course he has poodle, he knows everything..........ever, lol

Flynn Wrote:Well I clearly meant it in relation to diesels now go back under your little bridge...

what in reply to a post about high revs and petrols............ lol

and again with the personal insults, I thought with your "superior intelligence" you could have come up with something better than that though.............
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
No you are misunderstanding, my comment about preferring a higher powerband was in relation to what is achievable with an XUD. It is clear your intelligence isn't low enough to 'misunderstand' everything like you do so I can only assume it is for trolling purposes.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:No you are misunderstanding, my comment about preferring a higher powerband was in relation to what is achievable with an XUD. It is clear your intelligence isn't low enough to 'misunderstand' everything like you do so I can only assume it is for trolling purposes.

says the troll himself
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
come on fellas no need to fall out
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hitchos Wrote:come on fellas no need to fall out

I'm falling out with nobody Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
lol
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Flynn Wrote:Try telling anyone with a gov mod that lol

6k isn't high revs though...........

Beat me to it lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
The_Liam can you please try not to be stupid once in awhile? As ALREADY FRIGGIN STATED I was referring to diesels :x Perhaps you need to read the god damn thread before you make assertions.
Thanks given by:
Come on guys, back on topic please Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Come on guys, back on topic please

Popcorn
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I love how Flynn can state that torque busts engines over high RPMs, obviously being the most informed authority on the matter (of course - mainly just copying quotes from the usuals, Con, Darren, me, Anto etc...) with no real understanding!

And also I have to comment on Flynn's "Torque is boring, RPMs are fun" - when he's only experienced at most a stage one tune... I wonder where that quote came from, there's pretty much only one person!!!

Note well that the torquiest DTs on here (probably mine and JPs) haven't bust rods yet... And seemingly the ones that have seen 6k rpm regularly - have...

I'm not saying that it's one way or the other, because I've seen XUDs bust rods through torque as well and DTs that have been spun to 6000rpm not blow rods... So don't just assume the rod issue is down to one thing, but taking Flynn as the authority on the matter isn't probably the wisest idea.

As I've said for ages, as has Con, GT2052S or a GT2056S - it's PERFECT for our engines, why no one has tried it I'll never know... VNT isn't the be all and end all of quick spooling turbos...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
[/thread]
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:I love how Flynn can state that torque busts engines over high RPMs, obviously being the most informed authority on the matter (of course - mainly just copying quotes from the usuals, Con, Darren, me, Anto etc...) with no real understanding!

And also I have to comment on Flynn's "Torque is boring, RPMs are fun" - when he's only experienced at most a stage one tune... I wonder where that quote came from, there's pretty much only one person!!!

Note well that the torquiest DTs on here (probably mine and JPs) haven't bust rods yet... And seemingly the ones that have seen 6k rpm regularly - have...

I'm not saying that it's one way or the other, because I've seen XUDs bust rods through torque as well and DTs that have been spun to 6000rpm not blow rods... So don't just assume the rod issue is down to one thing, but taking Flynn as the authority on the matter isn't probably the wisest idea.

As I've said for ages, as has Con, GT2052S or a GT2056S - it's PERFECT for our engines, why no one has tried it I'll never know... VNT isn't the be all and end all of quick spooling turbos...

1. Yes I am 'copying' if you prefer to call it that, I don't have anymore understanding than your average idiot so reading what other people say is the only way for me to learn. I'm not trying to pass these off as my own wisddom quite the contrary actually, I thought it was common knowledge that low down torque does break the rods.

The only way for me to get understanding is to follow guides and ask questions, engineering is not my strong point but engage me in an intellectual debate about societal issues and you will see why my reasoning skills are in the top 98% in the country. I actually find mechanics quite theraputic when they are going well, but mechanics and engineering are two seperate things, enjoying mechanics means that I have to ask engineering questions, even if I don't necessarily want to! Edit: Don't forget Dave on your 'list' :roll:

2. Yes I agree that having a car setup ONLY for low down torque is boring, but obviously having torque and power is the preferred outcome. Yes I have only experienced at most a stage one tune, but that is set to change, at the end of the day I was drawing pictures of cars when I was 3 years old so cars are a part of my life and modding is the most fun thing for me even if it means I have to ask annoying questions to get my car setup in the best way. And yes I am using Darren Job's quote there, nothing wrong with that. His opinion also happens to be mine.

3. Jammapic's track car sees 6k regularly.

4. I am not claiming to be any authority, I was just echoing what seems to be common knowledge but obviously not. At the end of the day I want to find out what causes rod chucking so I can set my car up best to avoid it, what is everyones problem?
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:3. Jammapic's track car sees 6k regularly.

Does it really? And how would you know? :? From what I gather from talking to him in person, he prefers not to rev it much past 5k most of the time.

Flynn Wrote:.... what is everyones problem?

You.
Thanks given by:
Come on guys seriously, get this back on topic or itl have to be closed, no need for all the ranting at each other!

I think the original question has been pretty much answered by a few people now anyway....

What else do you want to know?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
His name is Darren Lobb - not Darren Job.. You retard.

If you want to find out how XUDs bust rods, blow a few first, then find out yourself, don't rely on Darren, me, Dave, JP, Con, Anto etc. to give you the answers, because we've tried for years to work it out, no ones come up with an answer yet...

Low down torque does NOT on it's own bust rods/bottom ends. You'll find that quote came from the 1.6 IDI guys who have bottom ends made of cheese, a stage 1 tune and they're lifting the head, stage 2 and the intermediate shaft has gone flying and the big end caps have given way. As far as I'm aware, I'm producing the most amount of Torque in a DT currently, if not, second to JP... Never dynoed, but from my experience of these engines, and I'm sure other people will back me on this who've been in it, it's f*cking torquey...

And I'm not having bottom end issues yet... I'm lifting the head and not having bottom end issues... So my peak cylinder pressures must be pretty high.

Do some research yourself, not just spouting what others say on a forum.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Thank you for your verbal dressing down Ruan. It has really put my ego into check. However, on the Darren issue, Darren Job is his nickname that I gave him so I can call him that if I so wish he doesn't mind which is the important thing. I have known Darren Job since 2009 when I stumbled up on him smashing up an XTDT in a field. We go a long way back. I will get back to you on blowing a few lumps myself as soon as I get a job which is more than 2 hours per week at minimum wage :roll:

And if by research you mean looking at articles about subjects and whatnot I have trouble reading about for instance theoretical physics and then applying that to a real world entity, like in this case an engine. I am very much the layman when it comes to these things I can put things on and take things off based on recommendations, that's all, I don't have the knowledge or the ability of obtaining the knowledge to work out the science of what the best setup is for the engine myself. I can't see the problem, everyone else 'spouts what they read on the forum' on here, so why does everyone get pissed when I do? It is a hate crime.
Thanks given by:
That is why we get so annoyed...

You don't half contradict yourself, apparently you can't do engineering, but you have one of the worlds best minds... Then 30 seconds later you're a layman who has to do things to see how it works...

Make your mind up!

I'm no precision engineer, I've just taken stuff apart, chatted about things, worked things out myself. I've had help doing these things from other people... Go try something else, don't just copy what other people do, it's actually the one thing that I think boils EVERYBODY'S piss on this forum. And seriously, if you're doing 2 hours a week at minimum wage, don't you think your superior intelligence would tell you that it's probably a good idea to leave your car stock?
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:And seriously, if you're doing 2 hours a week at minimum wage, don't you think your superior intelligence would tell you that it's probably a good idea to leave your car stock?

Ah, we go onto economics! my time to shine!! Idea :geek:
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:That is why we get so annoyed...

You don't half contradict yourself, apparently you can't do engineering, but you have one of the worlds best minds... Then 30 seconds later you're a layman who has to do things to see how it works...

Make your mind up!

I'm no precision engineer, I've just taken stuff apart, chatted about things, worked things out myself. I've had help doing these things from other people... Go try something else, don't just copy what other people do, it's actually the one thing that I think boils EVERYBODY'S piss on this forum. And seriously, if you're doing 2 hours a week at minimum wage, don't you think your superior intelligence would tell you that it's probably a good idea to leave your car stock?

Hmm, let me see.

Where have I copied what other people do? Apart from the obvious like stage one tune, LDA mods, gov mod, decent charger, is that what you class as copying? If that is what you are referring to I would like to ask why you aren't having a go at everyone else for copying too, since those are the most common areas to upgrade.

In regards to your question about keeping my car standard ('stock' is an American phrase) no, I don't think it would be a good idea. I also do cash in hand work which can pay up to as much as £30 every fortnight. If I didn't have a car to play with I would quit my job and watch movies all day.

Like I said I am highly intellectual but engineering is not my forte, English literature is and therefore when it comes to engineering, yes, I am, infact, a layman.
Thanks given by:
In relation to literature, Flynn, "I fart at thee", "shit on your head", "dirty bastard" - i believe sums up the entirety of feelings of this forum - and yes, id assume you will respond to these taboo phrases with the name of the daring writer...
Thanks given by:
Back to subject...and not Flynn's Literacy skills etc. - I know it's fascinating.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Less of the personal digs please guys. If you want to talk about why XUDs break rods then talk about that. I'd rather see an intelligent conversation about it than people just slagging each other off, baiting other people, etc than have to lock what could otherwise be an interesting thread.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:The_Liam can you please try not to be stupid once in awhile? As ALREADY FRIGGIN STATED I was referring to diesels :x Perhaps you need to read the god damn thread before you make assertions.

Who the hell are you to call me stupid you ignorant, over-opinionated, arrogant troll?!?!

You insist on attempting to provoke every single person you can on as many forums you can find, and yet still whenever you ask a question people are still keen to help, which is what I like about this forum. You then love to argue with the people who give you advice who KNOW FAR BETTER THAN YOU, Ruan, Darren, Dan!, Mark_Airey and myself to name a few. Either you do this deliberately (for whatever sad reason), or this is really your personality. If so, I pity you :violin:

/rant
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Locked.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Priming Bulb Not Holding Pressure leswoollam 4 1,343 30-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Help repairing/replacing high pressure PAS pipe heyitsroth 2 1,433 03-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  Problem turbo pressure gt2056s niciou 6 2,944 30-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Last Post: niciou