My track toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My track toy
They will go red or pos white but red would be most likely red to match the cage once it goes in
Thanks given by:
Currently black, Ive done red and white, but on a track wheel they get peppered in red hot brake dust and need doing ever few trackdays, hence why I usually stick with black, but thinking like a gunmetal gray next.
Thanks given by:
so when u going to fitting ur coilovers then mate?
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
No idea yet got bonnet, grill and hockey sticks comming back this weekend so will get them fitted back on, Then gonna wait till i get the car running right as been sent a map but need to get the cables etc to actually try it, hopefully ive sorted alot of the sticking revs issue out myself by securing the throttle cable down better but prob need to loosen the cable a tad as well as its pretty tight but hopefully fingers crossed the once i can upload the map itll be alright.

Will more than likely get the coilovers fitted in few weeks. Been chatting to painter today and prob going to go red with the wheels at same time as i get cage painted so they will be the same colour
Thanks given by:
oh right that should look good then mate. where did u get ur cage and who you getting to paint it?
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
Cage I got from demon tweaks for around £490 as blagged some discount. Going to add a extra bar to rear to create a cross and then 2 small bars for harnesses as well just need to get it over to a mates garage as he's got a welder and space. Going to prob get it painted by same guy who's doing bonnet etc as he done my bumper as well, it's a little local body shop near Kimble that's quite new it's only a small unit but for the prices he charges you can't go far wrong
Thanks given by:
what body shop is that then mate and what is his work like then?
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
I think it's called "the paint shop" his works fairly good it's not the best bodyshop in the world as only operates out of a unit so no hight tech spray boths but I've no issues with the work and for £100 for the bonnet it's well priced he does alot of old classic cars normally
Thanks given by:
thats cool so should be a good job then.
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
yeah he did the bumper fine and has done a bit of work on a mates car will see how bonnet turns out Big Grin
Thanks given by:
new suspension .. looks almost to good to get it dirty Big Grin

[Image: 7AF2A9F0-416F-441B-81A8-DB72ED94474A-102...8DAEE7.jpg]

[Image: D3DB55FB-2183-4676-9E76-4ACECD07EBA6-599...E5723D.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ooohhh nice!!! Very nice, when you fitting it?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bit more progress front end all done

[Image: BA1C3A2C-C38C-47B9-B008-E5667DEC7D21-834...608d96.jpg]

[Image: 15BBFF7C-D35D-4322-AA30-0DD8CB222D94-834...045925.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looking very good mate
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
Looks lovely I have a soft spot for white rallyes especially white on white is full of win
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
how much did the coily's set you back if you dont mind me asking?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
awsome build mate looks wicked
Thanks given by:
coilovers came in at £680 but they were the last set they had apparently which is why they let them go at that price as there advertised at £960 on there site
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 07:07 PM)Blandy Wrote: coilovers came in at £680 but they were the last set they had apparently which is why they let them go at that price as there advertised at £960 on there site

wow that was a good deal, they certainly look like their worth nearly a grand Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
yeah was looking at gaz and trying to decide between gha and golds and then found these which are prob better spec of the 3 and for similar price to gha's it was a easy choice allthough a grand sounds mad considering i payed less than that for the car lol
Thanks given by:
Well had a revised map and unfortunately didn't cure the problem and being to far and expensive for me to get a trailer and take it back down to get it remapped by the same guy as I'd have to get it trailered down (don't have a trailer so would have to hire) leave it as the guy maps in the evening and then go and collect so in end I took it more locally to a recommended tuner northampton Motorsport who spent yesterday morning going over the map. Initially he did a power run which achieved 182bhp which was only 2bhp different to the last map but by end of morning he had the car at 194bhp which I was surprised at but more importantly no horrible popping and banging every time I come off throttle and its actually easily driveable on the road

[Image: 316A54B9-42A7-4EC6-8817-1AF2D8C33AE6-463...db00fd.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thats good news mate, they do know what they r doing with these cars and engines.
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
Yeah troy was really helpful and knows his stuff also got a new filter and backing plate as well to get rid of the twin sock type things that were on there. New filters a tight fit with the longer inlet but fits nicely. Troy was sceptical of the inlet manifold to begin with as not seen one before but seems like it pays off with the figures as said he does alot of standard jenveys which normally make around 180 so happy with the result
Thanks given by:
thats good then mate. have u driven it yet then?
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
Yeah drive it back home yesterday from my mates garage as trailered it up. So had around hour yesterday and half hour today and seems good, cold start could do with a bit of attention as gotta hold the revs around 1000rpm but like troy said if I want to get the cold start spot on I'd need to leave it so he could do work on the map in the mornings whilst its cold as a couple of mins and its fine but I can live with that as it literally takes a few mins.
Thanks given by:
Bloody good that mate, does it feel a good bit different?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Yeah feels a fair bit quicker as gained alot in the mid range as well at 4k it's around 20bhp more so can definitely feel it on the road.
Thanks given by:
thats good its better to drive then mate
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
Yep gotta be nice to drive otherwise there's no point imo lol. My rear suspension seems to have dropped on one side so need to look at that next I guess
Thanks given by:
Tool dash out at weekend as well to gain acces and remove all heater box sound dedening and start removing cable from interior
[Image: 18E011C8-87CA-4E0E-B361-5970BBD22D2C-579...21c8f7.jpg]

New filter and backing plate fitted

[Image: 38972A14-781A-4F66-A4E2-AD6FF02B6B3B-579...bf3199.jpg]
Thanks given by: