Part Ex?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part Ex?
Just get yourself another golf tom? Keep it standard and enjoy the extra bhp/mpg from the way you talk about golfs just get another but a better one?
Thanks given by:
Have to agree with that ^^^^

Seems you already know what you want Tom Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Just had a thought.. How many miles has yours done?

And IIRC you said it had had an easy life?

I'd bet the inlet mani is clogged to feck with EGR soot. Which will impact heavily on both performance and MPG. No harm in looking!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(24-12-2012, 11:32 PM)Tom Wrote: Have to agree with that ^^^^

Seems you already know what you want Tom Smile

But this is the problem, I don't actually know what I want. Confused. I 'think' I want things.....that I actually don't. Undecided

Definitely don't want another mk4 though.

(24-12-2012, 11:56 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Just had a thought.. How many miles has yours done?

And IIRC you said it had had an easy life?

I'd bet the inlet mani is clogged to feck with EGR soot. Which will impact heavily on both performance and MPG. No harm in looking!

Not far off 121k now! Confused. Not sure about an easy life, I'm the 7th owner! But i know the previous lady just used it as a school and shopping runaround.

Not a bad idea but shouldn't make much difference in reality though, the golf one was terrible and made no noticable difference to power or mpg, even after I attempted to clean it. I say attempted because the EGR shit mixing with the oil that was chucked down the breather (more than any other car I've had!) made such a sticky mess there was nothing that could shift it lol.
Thanks given by:
Mate it *could* make a massive difference. Considering that on my old 67k, 2 previous owners, HDi estate, it had about 1cm of build up all the way around the inlet mani, then I'd say it's worth it. Yours could be nearly blocked. And it's not exactly hard to check..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Not hard to check, but I'd rather not break seals/gaskets until I have to! lol I usually just make things worse tbf.
Thanks given by:
Tom is it and get on with life. You've got enough to be sorting out without getting another car!
Thanks given by:
Meh, if I'm worrying about changing cars I'm not worrying about something else, makes sod all difference really. Think the exhausts blowing as well now, sounds like a sherman tank....why do I keep buying shitters? I don't drive 'that' hard, not hard enough to break everything anyway. Undecided
Thanks given by:
F*cking hell, not this again...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Not read any replays but part ex maybe easier but generally when the seller is hooked up in just getting his hands on a new car they don't generally care about the part ex value and its usually much less than a private sale
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by: