what geabox do i have???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what geabox do i have???
This is for my 205 its a 1.9 CTI 1992 also has the reverse opposite 5th. I need to get a new clutch for it so can someone tell me the gearbox code please.
Thanks given by:
Shouldnt need the gearbox code for a clutch. Just give your supplier the reg.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I was gonna get one from ebay there cheaper(not a cheap make) and there a a few different gearboxes i believe.
Thanks given by:
most places sell them by the engine and not box seeing as they normally fit the the flywheel which is part of the engine.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yea but didnt they use both the push a pull style clutches???
Thanks given by:
Yep..
dependant on engine. take the 306 for example. with the petrols, they only used push clutches on the 2.0 engines. all others were pull. as said, unless yuove changed the box for a different one, its all dependant on the engine Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Right i only asked because i wasnt sure lol. so basicly all gti clutches are the same through the years???
Thanks given by:
cant say for sure on the 205. best bet is to go on ecp with your reg, get a part number and try and match it to the numbers of the ones being sold on ebay
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
205's are dead easy, you need a BE3 or post 1990 clutch as the release bearing mounts differently, Part number from Pug is 2052A0 or Motaquip which is Valeo (Same thing) VCK247

It is worth changing the bearings which operate the clutch bearing too, these wear badly and give or can give you a heavy clutch, only a couple of quid each or worst case a complete cross shaft at £55.00
Thanks given by: