How To - 2.1TD Swap / XUD11 Fitting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To - 2.1TD Swap / XUD11 Fitting
The sensor will have to be drilled into new gearbox or use old gearbox then.

Yes glow plugs are needed to start both the xud9 and xud11

The momentary live is also known as ignition. Prob the wire switch ignition on and off should go on and off with ignition
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 11:26 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: The sensor will have to be drilled into new gearbox or use old gearbox then.

Yes glow plugs are needed to start both the xud9 and xud11

The momentary live is also known as ignition. Prob the wire switch ignition on and off should go on and off with ignition

Well I was thinking that was the procedure to find ignition live wire. So if it is the way we find the momentary ignition wire, How do I find the live ignition wire?
Thanks given by:
Same deal. Why do you need a momentary live?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 01:22 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Same deal. Why do you need a momentary live?

Dum Dum wrote:

Yeah sack off the DW8 ecu and electric sensory bollocks.

Thick wire from alternator to big post on starter then from the big post on the starter to the battery positive.

Glow plug wire to a suitable relay and switch arrangement.

Stop solenoid to ignition live

Small post on the starter to a momentary ignition live
The momentary live he is on about is when the key is turned in the cranking position only. Same as finding ignition live but the key has to be held across to start position so to speak.
Thanks given by:
Photo 
(27-02-2015, 02:39 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: The momentary live he is on about is when the key is turned in the cranking position only. Same as finding ignition live but the key has to be held across to start position so to speak.

I understand... I gess!! Anyway, where goes the yellow wire in the scheme Dum Dum sent me on page 3?
Also, for the glow plugs I don't know how to do the "relay arranjement", can you explain it to me, please?
Thanks given by:
Hello all, just to say that the warning regarding Kris B was right. After all this time I am now stuck with a car in pieces at his workshop and nobody to do the work Sad
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2017, 03:17 PM)rachaeljf Wrote: Hello all, just to say that the warning regarding Kris B was right. After all this time I am now stuck with a car in pieces at his workshop and nobody to do the work Sad

No one really has an issue with kris B that i know of. Whats the eaxct issue before you bad mouth someone on the forum. If there is an issue drop me a pm if not ill delete this comment on herez
Thanks given by:
Anton warned her three years ago not to use him, she was saying he was right. If her car is in bits three years later I wouldn't call it "badmouthing" him.
No need to delete a comment that may help other people in the future.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion of somebody else and to voice it if wished. If there is something negative to say about somebody it doesn't mean they shouldn't be heard, you wouldn't delete a positive comment.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2017, 07:20 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Anton warned her three years ago not to use him, she was saying he was right. If her car is in bits three years later I wouldn't call it "badmouthing" him.
No need to delete a comment that may help other people in the future.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion of somebody else and to voice it if wished. If there is something negative to say about somebody it doesn't mean they shouldn't be heard, you wouldn't delete a positive comment.

Wasnt saying It will be deleted if it was negative. Saying it will be deleted if it was uncalled for. Having looked back through the thread (which i didnt do first and shouldve done) I wanted to make sure it wasnt just a one of post of bad mouthing. As they will be deleted if thats the case. being the fact its been two years though.
Thanks given by:
ThumbsUp
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Indeed, I am not giving my opinion, just stating the outcome of my "adventure". Kris has had his own issues, which I sympathise with but I wish it hadn't taken so long for him to let me know. The upshot is that Kris is repaying the money I gave him and I have written the project off as a dead loss. Onward and upward.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lower height pistons xud11 of 1 mm niciou 3 5,162 01-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Last Post: niciou
Wink The judge and its xud11 Sambo the bodger 37 14,160 24-06-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Turbo relocation xud11 and 1.4 hdi bits Sambo the bodger 7 4,662 04-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum