The Racetractor. The End.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Racetractor. The End.
Boost is the way of the modern world
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2015, 08:51 PM)fatlapit Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 02:45 PM)Piggy Wrote: But I'm not willy waving...!? (It wouldnt be so much a wave anyway Undecided ) Well I guess I am bragging a bit... But sorry JJ, you would too!
I don't care about book times etc, or I would have been down the 1/4mile with all the other boyzzz.

I only did the times/video because people kept on at me for them! And don't forget the dozen or so people who follow this thread on 306oc don't allow for the others who only watch my videos... So info like what other cars compare is useful to them.

What happened to banter?! Seems fine in every other thread on here but this one.

Chill pill people. Take one quick!

(01-10-2015, 02:14 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 01:43 PM)welshpug Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 11:37 AM)Piggy Wrote: Pick any gear...
I'm still going to destroy a gti6, low boost or no boost.

bollocks...

*patiently waiting for Chris Lapit to comment* Popcorn

His is NOT low boost lol

(01-10-2015, 01:43 PM)welshpug Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 11:37 AM)Piggy Wrote: Pick any gear...
I'm still going to destroy a gti6, low boost or no boost.

bollocks...

Prove it wrong then...

I am a bit dumb to be honest as i havent found figures for acceleration for low boost gti6... 

I am honestly curious

("destroy" was a rather brave word to use wasn't it... Undecided )

Well my lowest boost is 7 psi 240 bhp  engine

nice to see im on par with your fiqures there with my eaton. Sadly no willy waving from me or my mapper.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Dont see the point in willy waving, good build and all, but ive seen the videos, ive seen you on the track, ill compare sizes with you at FCS
Thanks given by:
Lol this forum
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
This is a bit silly now. At the end of the day, who gives a toss about how quick these cars are. What Piggy has built is impressive...but theres also a lot of other impressive builds on the forum. At the end of the day, you should be proud of what you have created and enjoy it to the max. Not trying to make it sound better than it is to the point where people just want to shoot you down because in all honesty, you're being a bit self important.

Piggy, i would love to see how my car and yours would match up. Not because i want to willy wave (or give you a chance to) but because they are both very similar power and i would genuinely be interested to put the argument to sleep so to speak. There has always been the stories of "my diesel is quicker than any petrol" or vice versa but you don't see many people actually doing it!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Diesel 306s keep up with gti6 up to about 120ish after that the gti6 has it due to gearing.
But that's a highly tuned diesel and standard gti6.
Spend same amount of money on a gti6 and gti6 will own it all day long.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2015, 08:21 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Diesel 306s keep up with gti6 up to about 120ish after that the gti6 has it due to gearing.
But that's a highly tuned diesel and standard gti6.
Spend same amount of money on a gti6 and gti6 will own it all day long.
Kent youre forgetting that was a mildy tuned diesel that night. Piggys is levels above anything mine has created. Not to mention he runs a different gearbox too...
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Yes which is why you compare piggys to a charged gti6 or something that way it's equal
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
From now on, I only compare my car to my abilities and previously or currently owned cars.

Be silly to compare a home brew tuned diesel setup to a very expensive charged gti6 when all is done and said.

This is the first diesel engine i have EVER built from ground up. First time i have made a manifold. First time I have dabbled in arduino....the list goes on.

For all these firsts to happen on this one car, my car, and to be getting the results I have...

I am proud.

I am also deeply grateful for those who have helped with their knowledge and expertise to help me accomplish things I thought I never would.

Those that wish to do their best to talk me down, make me feel small and essentially bully me, please make such comments behind my back or to a wall, because I don't care and don't want to hear it.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2015, 09:19 AM)Piggy Wrote: From now on, I only compare my car to my abilities and previously or currently owned cars.

Be silly to compare a home brew tuned diesel setup to a very expensive charged gti6 when all is done and said.

This is the first diesel engine i have EVER built from ground up. First time i have made a manifold. First time I have dabbled in arduino....the list goes on.

For all these firsts to happen on this one car, my car, and to be getting the results I have...

I am proud.

I am also deeply grateful for those who have helped with their knowledge and expertise to help me accomplish things I thought I never would.

Those that wish to do their best to talk me down, make me feel small and essentially bully me, please make such comments behind my back or to a wall, because I don't care and don't want to hear it.
Piggy so you should be proud, an engine conversion isnt exactly easy is it, yeah bolting the fucker in but its getting everything to work and work well , thats the main key, then try and go that one step futher with it.
The info and experince you have gained you could rebuild this car with in half of the time.

If people wish to talk you down, let them piggy, after all they are only spoiling the car forum.
Thanks given by:
I love your car. And thanks for all the nice vids you've put on youtube Smile
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2015, 07:56 PM)Iaitoo Wrote: I love your car. And thanks for all the nice vids you've put on youtube Smile

thankyou fella Smile

So needed to do a few little things...

Essentially:

coolant loss/leak
brake fluid leak
gearbox oil leak
see if can find oil leak
horrific knock on NSF 

So I found leak, nipped up a jubilee for that.
Replaced section of brake line.
Removed drive shaft, cleaned shaft seal lip and replaced 'box seal for the THIRD time. (this time with a Febi one) Topped up with proper stuff.
Clean off back of sump to try and spot oil leak asap.
removed strut brace and "adjusted" (read: used a big grinder) the gap for the damper adjusters which look like they rubbing.
Stripped down NSF suspension strut, checked for damaged anything and play anywhere... replaced strut top mount and bearing (Used Febi/Bilstein parts)

Go for test drive feeling all happy and confident.....

Stop at end of road and "CLUNK"... pull away to "CLUNK CLONK CLUNK"... DAMN KNOCK IS STILL THERE!!!!  Censored

Get back home... coolant STILL leaking and gearbox STILL leaking.

Whole bloody day taken off work to do all these little bits.... and I didn't even manage to do ALL the things I wanted and I STILL have a major suspension noise!  Nospeak

Little annoyed right now.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Driveshaft knock? My last 306 had it and I must have jacked it up and wobbled everything in the wheel arch 20 times before I sussed out what it was.

205 had a nasty knocking that also turned out to be driveshaft.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2015, 08:06 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Driveshaft knock? My last 306 had it and I must have jacked it up and wobbled everything in the wheel arch 20 times before I sussed out what it was.

205 had a nasty knocking that also turned out to be driveshaft.

Driveshaft been replaced, no play in it whatsoever
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Its a 306 you can't stop all the leaks, just move them further along... lol

Where was your new driveshaft from? If it's a cheap one, not impossible that it's not perfect, or was the noise the same before replacement? You can't always feel them either, I had one knocking on the GTi6 that felt fine but noise disappeared after changing.

Also you mentioned a loose caliper, they make a single knock on pull away/lift off also, I had that on a 106 after forgetting to torque the caliper bolts so they vibrated loose lol.
Thanks given by:
Wishbones been replaced recently? Possibly wrong sized balljoint causing an issue?

Haven't read back to when this suspension noise started in your thread but know how irritating it can be.

What HAVE you checked thoroughly?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2015, 08:44 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Its a 306 you can't stop all the leaks, just move them further along... lol

Where was your new driveshaft from?  If it's a cheap one, not impossible that it's not perfect, or was the noise the same before replacement?  You can't always feel them either, I had one knocking on the GTi6 that felt fine but noise disappeared after changing.

Also you mentioned a loose caliper, they make a single knock on pull away/lift off also, I had that on a 106 after forgetting to torque the caliper bolts so they vibrated loose lol.

Noise same before/after with shaft.

Caliper wa slightly loose on its sliders, packed in more grease!

(30-10-2015, 07:04 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Wishbones been replaced recently? Possibly wrong sized balljoint causing an issue?

Haven't read back to when this suspension noise started in your thread but know how irritating it can be.

What HAVE you checked thoroughly?

Wishbones still same as when I built the whole thing up 2yrs ago.

Ok, checked:

Wishbone/related bushes.
Bearings/TREs
Hub ovaling
Hub bolts
Top mount/bearing replaced
Strut damper movement
Shafts
Subframe bolts
PAS bolts
Caliper
Lower engine mount
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Could it be box related?
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2015, 07:47 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Could it be box related?

That is what I have been starting to think tbh JJ.

I do have a spare... But want to rule everything else out and tbh Ive never heard this typical suspension/joint clonk from a gearbox before.

I have yet to check thoroughly the two main gearbox/engine mounts... Aiming to do that later if it stops chucking it down and I can get on with work!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Mrs JJ had an ep1 civic which had a box knock which for months I thought was shaft/suspension. Seems like clutching at straws but when you've checked as much as you have then you have to start working up the chain!

If it's not engine/box mounts and you're certain you've checked the things you have properly then considering you've got a spare box it seems like the next step really.
Thanks given by:
Next step in man logic terms is to do a Tom and fit a quaife diff Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2015, 10:42 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Next step in man logic terms is to do a Tom and fit a quaife diff Wink

....careful what you wish for....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2015, 10:50 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(30-10-2015, 10:42 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Next step in man logic terms is to do a Tom and fit a quaife diff Wink

Oh no, i really really want you to put a diff in this!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
wouldn't advise a quaiffe or tran-x to be fair both old tech now and from my experiences the quaiffe is no better than a oem diff. Just my opinion tho Smile
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
My brother in law works at quaife if you need anything Wink
Thanks given by:
There's a quaife in the SHB gti I got an it is very good tbh....
Thanks given by:
I'm happy with the quaiffe I've got in the 205,definitely feel a difference over standard.
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2015, 10:50 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(30-10-2015, 10:42 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Next step in man logic terms is to do a Tom and blah blah blah Wink

Get a gripper diff
Thanks given by:
Anyway... While you are all arguing over how to spend my winter budget...

I put some fresh coolant in the racetractor. 3-4 flushes I think in the end...
Then 10 litres.
Yup, 10.
Guess that shows the extra capacity of that ally rad!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell 10 litres. I need a rad upgrade!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: