The Racetractor. The End.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Racetractor. The End.
(31-08-2015, 05:43 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Bullshit. watched most of your session which just looked like you were out for a pleasure cruise and holding up all the renault sports lol

Oh and me & chris were hitting those speeds before quarry in a pretty much rallye. Boom.

Seriously wind your neck in, no need for that at all....

Everyone should drive at there own ability / experience level..... "Me and Chris were hitting those speeds" well done chap, fantastic news.

End of the day public track days are to go out and have fun / open your car up, not race anyone, or set records...Driving faster than you are comfortable doing is just dangerous for yourself, and everyone else on the track. So I suggest zipping up the negative comments towards other peoples driving and stop boasting about your own!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I agree, he has built a bloody awesome car who cares how willing he is to drive like a twat on track. For what? To impress other people?

Fair dues for doing whatever you want and just being happy with what you've built
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol chillax and take a joke.

But seriously, when someone brags that they were flying when actually they were going pretty damn slow... whats the harm in correcting them?

And why would anyone that cant drive fast, go on a public track day? surely it would be better to go get some training or experience on a private track first if thats the case?

That and i enjoy winding piglet up much the same as he enjoys winding me up. swings and roundabouts chaps! Peace out

(31-08-2015, 10:04 AM)rd070707 Wrote: I agree, he has built a bloody awesome car who cares how willing he is to drive like a twat on track. For what? To impress other people?

Fair dues for doing whatever you want and just being happy with what you've built

He has built a 'track' car... Why would you go to all that effort of making an undeniably awesome bit of kit to not drive it too potential? kinda defeats the point and purpose no?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I havn't built a dedicated track car at all.

I've built something rather individual to meet my desires and wants.

If it was a track car it be shiney all the time and taken on a trailer to track days to go round a zillion times within 1/2 second of each lap and then trailer it home to clean it again.

Yawn.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ah of course a stripped out lightweight race car with bucket seats is predominantly for road use and taking your mother out for sunday tea lol ok then
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
But thats what I do... Minus the mother bit.

I tow my work trailer, go shopping, mrs takes it to work sometimes and then go for weekend blasts.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've been driving the 106 for almost 3 months on the road because the 306 is off the road currently. I have to say driving a car you've stripped out and made as a track inspired beast is so much fun. Knowing you can drive to the shops 1 minute then blast it on a B road or track is what it's all about. 

I say Piggy has the right idea. Build something capable of killing it on track but nice enough to drive and enjoy daily. Weather he chooses to use it to its full potential is up to him. I know I would be a bit jubiouse about thrashing it on track after so much time and money has gone into it.
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 04:09 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: jubiouse

Sorry to be the spelling police/grammar nazi etc. but that one is too epic to ignore. Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 05:59 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 04:09 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: jubiouse

Sorry to be the spelling police/grammar nazi etc. but that one is too epic to ignore. Big Grin
correct it then lol

Dubious is the word anyway Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Dubious... Could be worse tbf!

On topic though, I would hate having to drive a track prepped stripped out car anywhere other than track. Can't understand why anyone would, but each to their own of course. Smile I do agree on driving how YOU want to on track though, everything doesn't have to be a competition, if you're happy driving a slower pace why ruin your enjoyment by trying to race other people?
Thanks given by:
(31-08-2015, 09:36 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: The more you go.the more confident you get. There's no point thrashing round like a twat and spinning every lap. 1. Its not fair on everyone else on track 2. Its not good for the car.
We all saw that 106 hero on track at fcs!!

bash what happened with the 106?
Thanks given by:
God damn it lol my phone hates me
Thanks given by:
(31-08-2015, 10:22 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: And why would anyone that cant drive fast, go on a public track day? surely it would be better to go get some training or experience on a private track first if thats the case?

Because it's a public track day at combe that anyone can have a quick blast on.. There are alot worse candidates out there for slow driving rather than a self built 306 with overheating issues (I did rovertake it though might I add)
The green 'have all the money but none of the talent' 106 that was out there was a larger offender or the numerous subarus, civics & vag stuff on the action days who turn into my mum on the corners
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
piggy I want to see pictures of those yoko tyres scrubbed half way down the side-walls once you've been on track at coombe Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 07:26 AM)lolsteve Wrote:
(31-08-2015, 10:22 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: And why would anyone that cant drive fast, go on a public track day? surely it would be better to go get some training or experience on a private track first if thats the case?

Because it's a public track day at combe that anyone can have a quick blast on.. There are alot worse candidates out there for slow driving rather than a self built 306 with overheating issues (I did rovertake it though might I add)
The green 'have all the money but none of the talent' 106 that was out there was a larger offender or the numerous subarus, civics & vag stuff on the action days who turn into my mum on the corners

I dont have a problem with people going on track in whatever they have built or bought.

My problem was piggy claiming he was flying when in actual fact he was crawling Tongue

ZX-volcane also said the same (albeit in a more tactful way) and no-one jumped on his back about it lol  forums eh!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
But everyone was watching me on my early sessions and on the straight which on the two straights was where I was cruising for cool down.
Let's see you build a high boost xud and get back to me about keeping it cool on track.

For the short burst I could keep up with both sams and easily with Steve, but half of every lap was spent cooling.

Thus I was more focused on temp gauges and cooling that trying to impress lads who havnt the balls to be on the track anyway!

My last 15min was much more epic and thats where I began to get a rythym. Hoping to get into that much quicker at action day.

Fyi: my goal is not to please others. Shockhorror.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 11:34 AM)Piggy Wrote: But everyone was watching me on my early sessions and on the straight which on the two straights was where I was cruising for cool down.
Let's see you build a high boost xud and get back to me about keeping it cool on track.

For the short burst I could keep up with both sams and easily with Steve, but half of every lap was spent cooling.

Thus I was more focused on temp gauges and cooling that trying to impress lads who havnt the balls to be on the track anyway!

My last 15min was much more epic and thats where I began to get a rythym. Hoping to get into that much quicker at action day.

Fyi: my goal is not to please others. Shockhorror.

Thats fine piglet you have an excuse for everything :lol

Why the hell would i build a high boost xud and have to worry about cooling when i could easily build a low boost 6 and not have these silly problems? Wink

Balls have nothing to do with it. Fact is that i took my daily, which if i crash or break on track then its not gonna get me to work the next morning lol Once the 205 or 306 is finished i'll happily show you how to drive if you like? Tongue
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
So you havnt the balls then.

This is my daily.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 11:34 AM)Piggy Wrote: For the short burst I could keep up with both sams and easily with Steve
Oh right so that's how it is then? Well I'm siding with matt then lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
No im not stupid enough to track drive my daily driver i rely on for over 600 miles a week to earn the money to pay for it and my rent and shizzle lol

Once i have a dedicated 'fun' car it will be seeing every track / hillclimb / sprint event i can afford to do in it.

You live where you work and your missus has a car you have the luxury of using when yours breaks down. Also my daily is worth quite a bit more than yours. not trying to be big headed by saying that but for instance i would rather replace a 306 front bumper for circa £50 than try replace a Meg RS front bumper which is well over £400 for a rough one.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I dont just work here and Mrs piggy uses her car everyday.

If my car is bust, I don't earn any cash.

I still claim you have little dangly balls Wink Tongue hehe

(02-09-2015, 03:26 PM)lolsteve Wrote:
(02-09-2015, 11:34 AM)Piggy Wrote: For the short burst I could keep up with both sams and easily with Steve
Oh right so that's how it is then? Well I'm siding with matt then lol

While I don't wana diss the HG fryer, I was having to back right off when following you till my crappy XUD needed air to breath again lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
stop the piggy bashing

at least he went out on track Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I did the climb at pugfest quicker in my standard daily if memory serves Wink but piglet has an excuse for that too i am sure Tongue

Im hung like tic tacs in the balls dept.... Small but mighty
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I'd rather drive a slow peugeot than have to own a renault
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hasn't this got a S14 radiator radged on though? Some of that Jap reliability must of oozed it's way into the Peugeot DNA..?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
200SX Wink

Yup I managed to get a little jap in the frenchy!

And with a Volvo turbo...

Kinda explains why she doing so well lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not to mention the turbo being controlled by a VW part.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Wow someone needs a new rattle. Who gives a f*** about the speed around the track. Its not a race. What is it 90 ish on the straight ? Wont track my daily. But can easily do 150 plus on the bike
Thanks given by:
Well I managed 125 on the straight after a rubbish exit, but I am sure Matt could hit 150 in his megane
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
125 two up in a standard rallye. Course you did Mr Hamilton.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by: