any ideas on mods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any ideas on mods
Getting bored car feels slow so want some mods not to mental like truck turbos but thinking induction exhaust mostly basics and then thinking of ecu remap share ur opinion be much appreciated
Thanks given by:
you given her a stage 1 yet? . . . . .what pump and turbo you got?

sorry just read your post again, you need to do some reading in the XUD section mate, we don't have ecu's in our engines because they don't need that shit . lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
research is key theres plenty of info on xud section bud learn about your xud engine and how it works what setup you have and then apply that knowledge Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 01:10 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: you given her a stage 1 yet? . . . . .what pump and turbo you got?

No all standard not sure on turbo but gt a lucas
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 01:13 PM)stokesy Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 01:10 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: you given her a stage 1 yet? . . . . .what pump and turbo you got?

No all standard not sure on turbo but gt a lucas

read the guides mate, there's another 30-40 bhp waiting to be unleashed simply by turning screws and bolts . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Its all there buddy and if your on lucas check out JPs guide on tdocuk hes got a beltin writeup on there
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 01:10 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: research is key theres plenty of info on xud section bud learn about your xud engine and how it works what setup you have and then apply that knowledge Smile

Yh have been mate I aint got knowlege to do stage 1 but when done stage 1 I noticed a lot smoke or they over compensated fuel
Thanks given by:
Yeah lucas can be a bit smokey bud as the conpensator is pretty much useless tbh, best bet is find a bosch pump woth lines and injectors and if not too clued up get a fellow member to help you change it for beer tokens or see a garage about a swap
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 01:21 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Yeah lucas can be a bit smokey bud as the conpensator is pretty much useless tbh, best bet is find a bosch pump woth lines and injectors and if not too clued up get a fellow member to help you change it for beer tokens or see a garage about a swap
Would rather a bosch garages round here are bastards for emissions so stage 1 on lucas be out question forget emissions test smoke the bastards out when I'd pull up lol
Thanks given by:
deffo get a remap.
Thanks given by:
How much would a stage on remap costs you reckon?

One*.
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 03:25 PM)Coopesh56 Wrote: How much would a stage on remap costs you reckon?

One*.

Doh
Thanks given by:
I'll do it for you if you come to me, £95 including parts (Full AA 2013 UK Map)
Thanks given by:
tut tut JJ lol
Thanks given by:
Oh man i should have remapped my lucas dturbo instead of swapping to bosch!
Thanks given by:
We need a big banner on the home page that sasys "XUD Dturbos dont have an ecu and can not be mapped" lmao

But for the OP

Bosch
Stage one
Free flow exhaust I.E remove cat & back box (you prob dont have a cat anyway)

And if you fit an air filter put in a good place that wont get hot and can get a decent amount of FRESH air to it

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
probably should have used the sarcasm tags on my previous post! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Bosch should be the first thing to get on before you think of anything else. Lucas suck
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 05:24 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Bosch should be the first thing to get on before you think of anything else. Lucas suck

They aint that bad if they are set up correctly, but for how cheap and easy as bosch is its just not worth having is all

Thanks given by:
Any1 in cov willing to do the stage 1
Thanks given by:
theres loads of info on here about a small pump and turbo tweak. id say attempt it yourself. no better way to learn Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Is it as soon as you learn about conversions -> Fuel pump Bosch XUD11 2.1TD on XUD9 1.9TD, or Lucas XUD11 2.1TD (No Epic) on Lucas XUD9 1.9TD (No Epic).
Install injectors same brand as the fuel pump of 2.1TD Lucas or Bosch.
Then Calibrate if possible with a good timing adjustment and 12mm head pump for fuel pump Bosch XUD11.Heda pump 14mm is too that difficult not to smoke self = Settings difficult on a fuel pump 2.1TD.
And adaptation of the turbo 605 or XM 2.1TD De-Wastegated, forget 2.5TD quite fragile and then just down 2.5TD engine reassembled with elements XUD9, XUD11 and DW10.
DW10 TD = 2.0 HDi 90hp 8V
DW10 ATED = 2.0 HDi 110hp 8V
DW10 ATED4 = 2.0 HDi 16V 110Hp
DW10 BTED4 = 2.0 HDi 16V 136Hp
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 08:23 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: theres loads of info on here about a small pump and turbo tweak. id say attempt it yourself. no better way to learn Smile

Na I wudnt yet as it my only transport to work n wen I do fings it never simple

What would be a good induction performace wise without silly money and how much moorretts going for
Thanks given by:
Morettes are around 130 notes . And i think youd be best off with a k&n panel filter if you only want a stage one.

Induction wont give you F all gain on a stage one

Thanks given by:
An Induction kit will do f*ck all like puglove said, you might gain a couple of horses with a proper cold air feed and Itl be noisier
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: