What winter tires?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What winter tires?
Planning to get some new rubber for the winter wheels.

Anyone recommend me some?

Never bought winter specific tires before, ran proxys last year and was quite interesting when the ice came.

Going on 16" nimrods (ouragans(sp?)) same thing anyway. Plan to run them through until about march April then will be putting the fondmetals with spec-2s back on.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I ran Michelin alpin's last year and they were very good, be expensive in 16" though. I think they were £90 each in 15".
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Prada spec 2's ha ha, tis what ill be on
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 06:06 AM)Jonny b Wrote: Prada spec 2's ha ha, tis what ill be on

Yeah that's what I have on my other wheels.. Can see myself being In a hedge running them in the snow!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Parada Spec 2 arriving in 2 days for me lol, in 15" place on ebay are unbeaten in macclesfield 48hr carrier i just paid 89 for 2 in 15"
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll be on the Toyo T1Rs again this year! Sad Was nice having Goodyears in the snow last year...they were shite on a damp road but fine in the snow...the Toyos are the opposite of that lol.
Thanks given by:
in real snow last year (living in austria) and ran goodyear ultra grip 8 they where awesome, driving through near foot deep fresh snow at times, only time I got stuck was my own fault and not clearing the car park, ended up wheels both in the air and car resting on its belly in the snow....

maybe not needed in this country though, definitely not in cornwall.

previously ran khumo ecsta (I think) in the mountains, not so great, bordering on very f*cking scary at times
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
I dunno i've never had proper winter tyres, but the rainsport 2's i had on the cyclones were great in the snow, enough grip to keep you moving anyway.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Drove in some serious snow in Scotland last year on proxies, didn't have an issue. IMHO, 90% of it is down to the driver.

This year I'll just run my eagle F1's, and I doubt that it'll be the tyres that are the issue.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Its not actually snow thats the problem tbh, as long as you have some clutch control you should be alright. Its the solid compacted re-frozen icy mess that is left a few days after snow thats the problem! And you can barely walk on it with thick soled steel toe caps so theres not much hope for tyres and a tonne of car lol.
Thanks given by:
or get some knoblys on a smaller rim for a laugh Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Knobblies are shit in anything less than about 2 ft of snow.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matador MP46 Hectorra2 Tires Daniel306 10 2,741 16-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Last Post: mitsirfishi
  Tires . rocker8742 14 6,314 29-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Tom
  tires 205/45 17 puggyhdi 9 2,269 27-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo