help !? suspected head gasket fail

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help !? suspected head gasket fail
think my head gasket is starting to give up Sad and being a young lad its going to skint me getting it done, lol before i get it stripped down i just wanted to make sure it was the head gasket so here are my problems,

hardly any heaters? i know this could be the heater matrix, they blow warm after given enough time to build up heat,

pressure in the water system, even after a short drive, there is loads of pressure in the rad pipes and can hardly be sqeezed together, and when releasing the pressure with the rad cap, it almost instantly bubbles over, even having bled this up multiple times, it still does this, but with the radiator cap off, while revving the engine, the water level drops, and seems normal until i go for another drive and were back to square 1.

an oil leak which has developed, ive had the rocker gasket replaced, but it still looks like it could be leaking from the head.

however i have noticed no loss of power in the car at all, just the heaters blow cold if not given time to wake up, and the pressure in the water system.

its really starting to get on my nerves now, i dont want to run the risk of running it and warping the head, but i need to use the car for work, advice would be appreciated thanks !
Thanks given by:
Did karl sort the prob last nite
Thanks given by:
just drop another lump in it jobs a gooden Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
probably best thing i could do to sort it but im skint Sad
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-8084.html
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2012, 08:38 AM)brad306 Wrote: probably best thing i could do to sort it but im skint Sad

would be the quickest cheapest option if your handy with the spanners

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Even if you're not, changing an engine is fairly straight forward. First job I did on a 306 was an engine change
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Do it youself its not hard read up on guides etc take your time make sure you get head pressure tested and skimmed and a decent gasket and new head bolts, this way your not risking buying a complete engine which could easily pop another gasket and back to square one
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
sounds like HG mate yes . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
thanks guys just wanted to seek some advice before i have someone do it, thanks..
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2012, 07:55 AM)puglove Wrote: just drop another lump in it jobs a gooden Big Grin

what would a decent engine cost? Is a scrappies the best place? depending on the scrappy......cheers.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible head gasket issues? forbeslongden 3 2,419 16-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Head gasket (again!) Pughawk 1 1,593 08-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Head gasket and Engine rebuilds. weka 2 2,007 15-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Last Post: weka