sack off fixing IP leak, adding 12V fuel pump.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sack off fixing IP leak, adding 12V fuel pump.
After another day of tinkering and trial and erroring looking for the point of air ingress in my fuel line, I think im gonna add an inline low pressure fuel pump. it'll turn on with the ignition and by the time the glow plugs have done their job the fuel system should be primed! what d'ya reckon? I think its got a fair chance of solving the problem, anyone done one before? I've found a handsome used one, puts out about 10 PSI, is that too high? I don't want to be blowing off line connections etc.
Thanks given by:
Well your not solving the issue, you'll just piss diesel out of the hole now instead of airing the system up which will be worse.
Sack off the stock filter, or if its your pump, take it off, send it away to Darren for a rebuild or something.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave is talking sense here
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
youll only make the problem worse adding pressure behind it. fix the problem.
Thanks given by:
haha you are all talking sense, I was driven to desperate measures. there's a good diesel guy near me, he has odd hours tho, you are right I need to solve the problem. its this weather, I'm not thinkng clearly. thanks all!
Thanks given by:
Not sure what problem is, but if you have pump seals gone, drop pump in the post my way, seal kit is £15, and wont cost much to just straight rebuild it, normally turn it around in 24 hours.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2012, 11:39 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Not sure what problem is, but if you have pump seals gone, drop pump in the post my way, seal kit is £15, and wont cost much to just straight rebuild it, normally turn it around in 24 hours.

Thanks Darren, i guess I can remove the pump but ill need somebody to put it back in, I've not meddled with the timing belt etc yet. spose it might be a good time to start..I saw your video on pump changing, what can go wrong!? Hahaha.
yeh there's an air leak and I think it can only be the pump ( as I've changed everything else), have you heard of that before where no fuel leaks out but air gets in? its a bosch solenoid fronted pump btw.
thanks.
Thanks given by:
Can you here it hissing when you shut it off / are you certain its not a leak off leaking?

If not, its most likely the throttle input seal, which is piece of cake to change without even taking pump off the car....but could be a multitude of seals, the lever triangle bolts can leak often, or the lda pin seal...if you can here it hissing, can you not isolate it with your ear to an area of the pump?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
this is his other thread explaning it more
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-8165.html
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2012, 01:08 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Can you here it hissing when you shut it off / are you certain its not a leak off leaking?

If not, its most likely the throttle input seal, which is piece of cake to change without even taking pump off the car....but could be a multitude of seals, the lever triangle bolts can leak often, or the lda pin seal...if you can here it hissing, can you not isolate it with your ear to an area of the pump?

hi Darren, I would say the sound is from inside the boost compensator on top, I thought it was the leak off banjo but after all pipes repplaced its still the same. Would that mean lda pin seal?
that would be great if i could replace seal with the pump on the car.

(22-11-2012, 01:08 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Can you here it hissing when you shut it off / are you certain its not a leak off leaking?

just wondering if the lda seal was bolloxed, would that give symptoms like no boost up to 1500 then shit loads up to 2000 rpm? like the accelerator is getting sucked down to the floor? cos that's what it does. hahaha.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,473 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby
  Cold start issue- fuel pump? Blaze Addict 3 1,800 20-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Is immobiliser coded to fuel pump? Huddo 2 1,522 07-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Ruan