S16Turbo,SOLD!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S16Turbo,SOLD!!!!!
Sounds good, should be ok I reckon.

I'm having to get a twin plate 7.25" racing clutch to cope with the power I'm planning for, lots of money :

Looks to be the making of a great car, do you plan for big power at all?
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I come from a ///M3 with a Vortech V1 Ttrim and over 500bhp on 1240 kilos , so i kinda know whats quick Wink and fun.
Thanks given by:
Bet the m3 sounded nice with that on.

I was planning on getting a gt30 when I 1st set out on the turbo route, but I ended up getting a gt35 lol

What Ecu have you got?
Thanks given by:
M3 with the straightcutgears Vortech V1 Ttrim, would be the best sound ever, it was loud as f*ck, JETFIGHTER LOUD... and quick Wink
0-200kmph in 12.3 sec
Heres a clip ( UNMAPPED IN VIDEO , RUNNING LIKE A PIG)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywBpGASIj-Y

as you were looking for a nice new colour for your Dimma Birk, nothing beats, Ferrari Grigio Silverstone ( on my ///M3)
Best greycolour ever! period

Im running VEMS, DP Engineering are the absolute VEMS wizzards , they also produced/made the plugplay versions for us Peugeot boys, no more soldering and rewiring youre loom, just one simple plug and its ready to be mapped.
Thanks given by:
It might be a bit to big lol but it was to good of a price to turn down.

I've got a dta s80 for mine, and I've got to wire it in.

M3 looked like a weapon, why you gone for the pug instead?
Thanks given by:
Ive had a few M5es, and some nice other cars...
Decided quits with the carhobby..... but started missing working and foolingaround, so i bought myself the 306, call it youthsentiment, always loved the 306 GTi/xsi/S16 when i was younger Wink

DTA is nice, theres a tuner here that worked magic with the DTA, was one of the best DTA tuners here in Holland.

Why doesnt your pics work at the other forum Birk?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Atleast you have done something good with it, I nearly bought a vems from over your way, but chose the dta because a local tuner I know is familiar with them, and I trust him to work on my car with it.

What do you mean about the picture?
Thanks given by:
Aha, the best thing is indeed by a standalone that someone close can dream..

I meant that 95% of your pics are down in your projecttopic on 306gti
Thanks given by:
GT35 sounds a bit big to me lol a friend of mine is using the same turbo on his 350z project and thats 6 cylinder :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
The turbo thread seems fine, you might be looking at the old thread when I was in the process of supercharging it.

If the gt35 is to big, I'll just get a gt30, but I know of a tigra who got rid of his gt35 for a bigger turbo and runs 700bhp now Smile
Thanks given by:
Mmmm nowadays a GT30 isnt that big, a GT35 is slightly bigger, but people tend to get a little BHP crazy and nowadays buy GT40/42 style turbos and bigger.

Ive picked the GT3071R, because i really like the mid- and toprange of a GT30, the GT28RS seems to take a slight piss @ around 7000rpm and seems to run a bit out of breath @ topspeed and so higher revs.
The 30 will make more power @ same boostlevels, less heat, does is easier,overal better choice then the GT28RS for my likings.
IMHO i think somewhere around 380-400 is kinda max to go in a FWD car, and this power in a 1000/1100 kg car will blow the doors of most exotic cars.
DP said 400 would be easily achieved with my setup, i could go higher , but i think 400 will be a nice goal.

Ive tried my carbonfiber mirrorcaps on tonight, had a new tube of sikaflex laying around , only to find out it was new like 6 years ago and had cured/hardened in the tube, so useless :S
Also did some cleaning on the enginebay, and tomorrownight were gonna have a look @ seatfitting etc.
[Image: DSC_0465-1.jpg]

I cant make pics from a lot of different angles then shown already, space is kinda tight, although the barn is fkcing huge!
Car is on stands and is going to stay in its place until its finished, sorry for that.
Another shitty thing is that its kinda dusty in the barn, the mrs got some horses, they eat hay,so say hello to dustydust.

Car will need a serious cleaning when finished and a polishing, its swirlmadness everywhere
Thanks given by:
Interesting to hear you had a bad experience with Spoox quality, I had a similar issue a couple of years ago.

What wheels is it sat on there? Look similar to a Te37 design. My first 306 was black, I just wish it was this awesome!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Very interesting project, your going to end up with a very fun car! Awesome looking wheel you have in that last picture..
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thx guys, wheels are kinda secret project of mine.. used to be 4x100 for the honda boys, had them redrilled tot 4x108 by a customrimcompany near to me, had them painted gunmetal .
high JDM offset of 40, theyre discontinued btw .... Wink
I need to think what to do with them, have them repaint in glossy black or keep the gunmetal before i put the decals that come with the wheels back on... hint
BTW there 18inch and uhmm kinda light and not look to big.
I will get into the wheel thing later,since i will be needing new spacers, longer studs on the front as i have studdconversion, i need smaller lugnuts ,4 new tires, etc etc

As for Spoox, i always had nice contact with Ben, but for paying that amount of money for simple 1 or 2 layer carbon mirrorcaps and then they dont even fit 100% is uhmm quite dissapointing.
I know he doesnt make them in the house, but they are just overal 5mm to small,or have been cut to short.
When i make them to fit the top of the mirror correctly , underneath i doesnt sit flush.

Also have to get the rearbeam lowered once the project is finished, it was already like 20mm to high for my likings,but now with the rearseats removed and everything it will even sit higher.
Well still lots of things to do etc etc...
Thanks given by:
I thought people were pushing it fitting 17's! Are you going to be modifying the arches in any way? And my vote is for keeping gunmetal rather than getting them done black
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
18's do fit. I know some of the guys on the 6 forum use them to clear the huge brakes they use.

You mostly need to roll the arches, just depends how wide the alloys are too.
Thanks given by:
18s wil fit no problemo... rears wil fit easily since my rearfenders are flared quite a lot during the paintjob the previous owner did 3 years back.
But the wheelstory is for later.... lots of other things and more important things to spend money on right now then , nuts,studs,18"tires,spacers,etc etc
7.5X18 40 offset as theyre now, and really light...
Tonight its seat fitting time...that is if my friend brings the frames for the seats with him, theyre made for a Citroen ZX, so hopefully they fit straightaway
Thanks given by:
Well me and my mate started with fitting the seats, SPARCO sliderframes... to make a long story short, they fit nicely with some redrilling of the RECARO adapters..

But however since the SPARCO are sliders, they sit 4.5/5cm to high, so im gonna flex the sliderpart of the SPARCO frames,and weld of bolt the RECARO adapters on the base mounts and voila , ive got my 5cm back then...

Here are some pics of the to high sitting seats.... i will tackle that problem this weekend.

[Image: DSC_0471.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0472.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0475.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0479.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0480.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0492.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0491.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0483.jpg]

Looks good, sit good, but 5cm to high.. that means more work to do Wink
Thanks given by:
i asked in the other thread, but what are the 4 buttons at the bottom of your center console? And is that the qbd 330mm suede wheel?
Thanks given by:
Sean, its a QSP suede steeringwheel

And you mean the 4 buttons? ,
Hazard, foglights front, foglight rear, and rearscreenheating...
Thanks given by:
Thats what i ment lol! QSP! Has it got a nice grip? Have just bought one of these!

Ahh i see, my foglights front are on the stalk, never seen the 4 buttons before!
Thanks given by:
@ Sean, youll love the QSP, ive had OMP before in the M3, and this is just as good!! dont worry youll love it

Oke i never knew that, must be the european version with 4 buttons..???
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 03:06 PM)sean-306 Wrote: Thats what i ment lol! QSP! Has it got a nice grip? Have just bought one of these!

Ahh i see, my foglights front are on the stalk, never seen the 4 buttons before!

phase 1 you silly pleb . . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Boo phase 1

And I must say ur timing was impeccable. Was about 3 hours away from buying an omp one in the same style! Saved me some me money anyway! Had a mono evo 2 in my last car
Thanks given by:
Uhmm my car is from 1994 , so also PHASE 1.... just uhmmm pH3 from the outside Wink
Thanks given by:
Well been ordering some stuff lately

New timingbelt,waterpump, and some small things... going to bring some stuff away to get welded etc..

Redid my rocker cover with VHT wrinkle black... turned out quite nice!
[Image: DSC_0497.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0496.jpg]

Bought a D1 spec quick release, very good quality for the money!
and good thing it brings the steeringwheel an additional 65mm closer!
[Image: DSC_0498.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0499.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0500.jpg]

Bought some 63mm alu intercoolerpiping...
[Image: DSC_0506.jpg]

And since i like to make some videoclips of an old frenchmeatball blowing the doors of Porsches etc, ive bought myself a GoPro2 Motorsports Edition early for Xmas Wink
[Image: DSC_0503.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0501.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This build just keeps getting better and bettr Big Grin why didnt you keep it all phase 1?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thx Sam,i bought the car in its ph3 state... i like the ph3 better then the ph1... so uhmm.. sorry Wink
Thanks given by:
Ahhh fair one still looks awsome dude
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very nice build, you must have deep pockets or a real passion for your 306 Tongue
Thanks given by: