Lights on buzzer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights on buzzer
Does anyone know how to disable the lights on door open buzzer on a phase 3? Tried finding the buzzer but didnt want to remove the fuze box front. Its not where the Haynes manual suggested.

Anyone done it?
Thanks given by:
Just out of curiosity...why would you want to?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd just pull the little switches out that are in the door hinge area, or superglue them so they are always in the 'door closed' position...
Thanks given by:
Ph3 doesnt use those switches though iirc Dan. Its all witchcraft that does it.
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2012, 08:44 PM)Dan! Wrote: I'd just pull the little switches out that are in the door hinge area, or superglue them so they are always in the 'door closed' position...

but then the interior lights wouldnt come on.

but as above why would you want to? mine has saved my battery a few times
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Mine just don't work haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
used to piss me off in my passat was always leaving the lights on
Thanks given by:
Stop leaving your lights on then. Doh
Thanks given by:
ph3 has a microswitch built into the door lock so good luck gluing it. that would also disable your interior light and part of your alarm if you have one.

buzzer is part of the dials iirc so no way to really remove it
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
remove dials open up circuit board cut off buzzer!
or fill it with silicone selant
Thanks given by:
F*cking woke the baby up last night didn't I, with this silly alarm buzzer. Left the sidelights on so I could see the path up to the front door.

Be nice if it could be disabled easily.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 10:33 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: F*cking woke the baby up last night didn't I, with this silly alarm buzzer. Left the sidelights on so I could see the path up to the front door.

I'd suggest either leaving your key in the ignition to stop the buzzer, or a light on the house by the door with a pir sensor on it.

I still maintain the lights on buzzer is there for a damn good reason, and shouldn't be disabled.
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 12:23 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(19-11-2012, 10:33 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: F*cking woke the baby up last night didn't I, with this silly alarm buzzer. Left the sidelights on so I could see the path up to the front door.

I'd suggest either leaving your key in the ignition to stop the buzzer, or a light on the house by the door with a pir sensor on it.

I still maintain the lights on buzzer is there for a damn good reason, and shouldn't be disabled.

got to agree here if you need the lights on you want to come back to your car anyway so leave the keys in it, ignition on, then you have to go back to get keys/turn lights off
Thanks given by:
knowing how unreliable the french electric are
he would walk back and the car would have locked the keys in the ignition
Thanks given by:
Ned and I do a lot with boats and the like so i presume its so that he can leave the headlights on but with doors open for music!
Thanks given by:
Rather than disable it I wanted to replace it with something a bit more subtle, I have got the buzzer from a VW which makes a very nice calming pinging noise and wanted to replace it.

As for a solution for your walking to the house idea, how about my Under mirror lights mod?

If wired into a Ph3 you can set them up so they switch on when unlocked or door opened and then stay on until the ignition is switched on or the car is remote locked, then they fade out, Essentially giving you remote floodlighting form your car. The photo doesnt do them justice, they light up about 4 meter pool of light all round the car:

[Image: 598561_10151323599910450_1235431643_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Relay list / headlight warning buzzer? Betty 4 2,170 21-05-2020, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Betty
Thumbs Up Lights on buzzer Xsikid 5 2,152 31-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Xsikid
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,446 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo