how to wire leds into interior?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to wire leds into interior?
I just brought some red leds from halforda for £7.99,just wanted to try them out in my interior, if there to chavy there gone, but think they look pretty cool shining on footpedals and similar places, but its just a standard 12v black and red wires with a led at the end? Where and what and how do I wire these up ? I thought they were a plug into the cig lighter, but there not :|
Thanks given by:
wire them into the fag lighter LIGHT . that way they will only come on when you turn your head lights on.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Wire them into the back of the CD player or the back of the CD player, there Halfords LEDs there going to be chavy
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I have a similar setup in my car, and i have just wired mine into the interior lighting circuit, so the lights all come on when the doors are opened. 5 x single "spot" LED's in the roof lining, a 30cm LED strip in the middle of the roof lining, 30cm LED strip in each footwell, and 30cm LEd strips on the underside of each door (puddle lights). All in white. Looks pretty good tbh. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
did you go to the electrics underneath the stearing wheel? And do i need to connect the end of the leds to like a plug kinda thing to go into the circuit board? Sorry i really ain't good at electrics, im a builder and i hate sparkys so Tongue
Thanks given by:
Wire it to the headlight adjustment that's 12v and they'll turn on with your lights
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah, i tapped into the interior lighting circuit behind the light unit above the front seats. I just chocked the wires, didnt use plugs or anything like that. For the footwell lights, i ran a long length of wire from the light unit above the seats, down the A-pillar, and into the footwells.
Thanks given by:
Does it have to be a certain cable? I have loads in the garage that I might try Smile thanks dude
Thanks given by:
I just used speaker wire! lol
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 07:45 PM)CalNeedham3061.4 Wrote: I'm a builder and i hate sparkys so Tongue

I'm a sparky and am not going to help an arrogant builder

Speechless
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 07:28 PM)Manlove Wrote: wire them into the fag lighter LIGHT . that way they will only come on when you turn your head lights on.

pretty much this. For the ash tray there should be a light that turns on when the headlights are on. I wired mine into that and put a switch in too so i could turn them on. Ill be doing it again in the estate so maybe ill write a guide!
Thanks given by:
Yeah defo write a guide mate, always comes in handy to know! And sorry cully, was s joke, the Sparky we used always leaves a mess and thinks he's the Don.
Thanks given by:
Should the cigarette lighter socket light up?

F*ck, mine doesn't!

I'll have to investigate.

As for the idea the OP has, it's more broadly known as 'Submarine Lighting' and no it won't make your car any more submarine like a-la The Spy Who Loved Me!

It's straightforward to do, you're better off with flat-ended LEDs and smaller the better. Amber and red both work well and it's what you'll find in most new cars, often near the rear view mirror, in the footwells and door pockets. 12V feed from your lighting circuit (orange wires on a 306) and hey presto! It's something on my 'to-do' list but I have yet to get around to it...like most things.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wire identification pug306driver 0 965 04-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Wire thickness for cooling fan philpemberton94 3 1,417 17-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Last Post: philpemberton94
  Random Wire Off Starter Eddleston 3 1,597 03-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Niall