Project MYA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project MYA
Not a bad car but too far away and too many miles lol but it gives me an idea Smile

Whats a DMF?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Dual mass flywheel
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Later ford diesels are peugeot lumps mate, thats why they aint shit. Basically if its a 1.8 leave it alone. If its a 2.0 16v with about 130 bhp its the pug lump.
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 04:19 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Dual mass flywheel

Thanks mate Smile

(15-04-2014, 04:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Later ford diesels are peugeot lumps mate, thats why they aint shit. Basically if its a 1.8 leave it alone. If its a 2.0 16v with about 130 bhp its the pug lump.

Looks like I have some reading up to do Smile

Thanks Chris [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

Thanks given by:
So you got £2k? I'd buy a car for £1.5k and use £500 to pay everyone for their time/fuel/patience/effort
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
shame to see this Sad but I get what you mean I did the exact same with me black 306 although I kind of regret it I now have a 207 1.6hdi still a very nippy thing even befor a remap and 60+mpg FTW Wink
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 04:53 PM)ash23 Wrote: shame to see this Sad but I get what you mean I did the exact same with me black 306 although I kind of regret it I now have a 207 1.6hdi still a very nippy thing even befor a remap and 60+mpg FTW Wink

So are the 1.6's nippy then, do they run out of steam before the 2.0?

Mpg sounds very good and I guess cheap road tax?

Thanks given by:
I find it good mine seam to pull really well starts to cut fuel at 4k rpm my 207 was the 1.6 90 bhp with 30 a year tax maped to around 125hp pulls very well /did even befor the map. my sis has the 307 110 1.6 still very nippy I find but weights more than the 207 so would be and down on power to mine still very good on fuel but with it being the higher hp its 125 a year tax even the 307 feels a lot more moden than the 306 people are saying there shit bit there really not THAT bad little basic and plasticy interior but defo worth looking at if there a decent price but get a face lift one Smile
also if you do end up witj the dv6 engine make sure ypu use low saps engine oil. ive done around 25k in mine in the past year with out issue but regular services
Thanks given by:
Shame to hear this mate :/ if only you could just stick it out that little bit longer

(15-04-2014, 04:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Later ford diesels are peugeot lumps mate, thats why they aint shit. Basically if its a 1.8 leave it alone. If its a 2.0 16v with about 130 bhp its the pug lump.

Thats bollocks, the 1.8 is a very reliable engine. Not often are they in with problems
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 06:05 PM)ash23 Wrote: I find it good mine seam to pull really well starts to cut fuel at 4k rpm my 207 was the 1.6 90 bhp with 30 a year tax maped to around 125hp pulls very well /did even befor the map. my sis has the 307 110 1.6 still very nippy I find but weights more than the 207 so would be and down on power to mine still very good on fuel but with it being the higher hp its 125 a year tax even the 307 feels a lot more moden than the 306 people are saying there shit bit there really not THAT bad little basic and plasticy interior but defo worth looking at if there a decent price but get a face lift one Smile
also if you do end up witj the dv6 engine make sure ypu use low saps engine oil. ive done around 25k in mine in the past year with out issue but regular services

I didn't think the 307 is that bad, when they first came out I had a brand new one from pug for a month and it converted me to derv, I guess they have problems like all cars. 306's have their issues but everyone overlooks them.

I guess the 1.6 and 2.0 110's are in the same tax band as produces the same bhp, I guess the 2.0 is doing less work to get the 110? I will have a look now

(15-04-2014, 07:09 PM)Connor Wrote: Shame to hear this mate :/ if only you could just stick it out that little bit longer

Thats bollocks, the 1.8 is a very reliable engine. Not often are they in with problems

I know I know mate but the last straw was I bought a Bosch kit, had the pump refurbed and the courier broke it, if the pump was ok the car would be running now and I'd throw MYA in for MOT as I'm sure she would pass. After the time, money & effort spent on it by Zach and myself and the uncertainty of the MOT, I was told to cut my losses, get a new reliable car and she was too small for the family Sad

MYA has been one of the most reliable cars I've even owed, just service and fill with fuel, the last MOT I had a few things to do to get her through (remember changing the struts & springs in kwik-fits car park on a cold Sunday Connor lol) but apart from that she has flown through for the last 4 yrs

Thanks given by:
I went over to zachs to pick up my tools, take my audio out and drain the tank to top my mums hdi Smile

It felt weird going and leaving MYA and knowing I would not drive or see her again Sad

As I left her

[Image: dagejunu.jpg]

[Image: uda9ubam.jpg]

Thanks given by: