How do you remove old injector washers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you remove old injector washers?
Am I being a tard, or are these little f****rs impossible to remove !

The copper one that sits between the injector and the head...

Has anyone got any tips or ideas how to remove these without damaging the thread in the head ?

Jake
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
good question, I would like an answer for this too!
Thanks given by:
Is this on my old head? Because I didn't put them in someone else did I have no idea if they were done right! Might be why you're having trouble..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
They just sit in mate but obv with the torque of the injector it may have "stuck" them to the head flat blade screwdriver gets them out mate
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Yeah Ricky it's in your old head, for some reason there is two washers in each one ! =\

(10-11-2012, 11:36 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: They just sit in mate but obv with the torque of the injector it may have "stuck" them to the head flat blade screwdriver gets them out mate

Yeah this is what I thought. But no. They won't budge.

After a lot of swearing and about half an hour of poking them I gave up.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
i used a flat screw driver. was abit of a pain. just tapped it abit and it came free
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
2 washers? No idea what he was doing haha!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Tap down at an angle using a hammer and screwing iron...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, they get caught under the threads and jam themselves in proper...

Screwdriver and a small hammer is the only way! I ended up tapping away until I split the copper in two, then pryed it round and removed it like that... Just be careful of the threads...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Drop in a socket, give it a tap or ten to loosen it up, then lever out with screwdriver Smile
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
I placed a little offcut of PVC pipe in the injector hole to protect the threads, then leavered out with a flat screw driver. The washer should fold in on itself and come out.
Thanks given by:
Got it sorted thanks guys, one came out with the socket method, and the others just needed mashing with a screwdriver,
But injectors are in now and all is well Smile

Thanks for the replies!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
did you get a knocking noise when you changed them?. i did then revved it up and it stop witch i though was wierd.
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 11:08 PM)karl1989 Wrote: did you get a knocking noise when you changed them?. i did then revved it up and it stop witch i though was wierd.

The car isn't fully back together yet... Ill explain in my project thread later.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I used a flathead for the injector seals and a spike for the fire seals
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 11:08 PM)karl1989 Wrote: did you get a knocking noise when you changed them?. i did then revved it up and it stop witch i though was wierd.

Ive had a head do that but didnt last long as the pre-cup just dropped into cylinder Sad

And agree with Ruan and others i got a very sharp thin chisel and nipped the washier so it split and pried out
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The lower seal is the important one, dont worry huge ammount if you cant get top one out, dont ruin threads / seat surface trying either!

If old injector nozzles have clearly been passing, install two lower fire seals, this is perfectly fine to do, and i find often required to make the damn things seals properly, or else you scorch the tip in no time!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Injector Copper Washers Mike 7 4,280 09-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Dave