The Daily Hack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Daily Hack
Right then,

As you know ive taken the bus off the road again for a while, for a change of engine, as getting a bit bord of the xud letting me down , I think without more investment, its really at its edge of reliability now, maybe one day ill return just to get some figures....

Anyway decided I needed another car to drive for the moment, as dropping a stock motor in my car, means I dont have it to work on, which means I cant get anything done....

So decided to revive a car that was literally in the yard in the scrap pile....my old sigma DT...that got wrecked by previous owner etcetc, and is now a bare shell with no interior / engine and lots of dents blah blah blah...

Plan is to build a totally stock D turbo, full interior (got a donor car with mint ph1 interior)....But bodywork is screwed, so thought, as I couldnt make it any worse, id have a god at fixing all the dents, and re painting it....

So got the car stripped down the other night, removed all the glass / locks blah blah, and started sanding / filling etc, takes time, but slowly working around the car, got 2 huge dents on the back, and a nasty crease in the rear quarter....

This is a first for me, I cant stand bodywork, so im sure im doing it all wrong etcetc, but doing it mainly just to have a go..

Some photos of the fail in process!

[Image: IMAG0025.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0019.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0020.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0021.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0022.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0023.jpg]

Hoping to mask / paper it up in the next few days, finish sanding it down, and prime up all the bare bits etc.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Few photos of the car from today as promised,

Small bit more work to do at the back, and then the cars ready to be washed / taped up and shoot some primer at it.

[Image: IMAGE_454.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_453.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_452.jpg]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Got it all masked up this afternoon ready for primer!

[Image: IMAGE_459.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_458.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_457.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_456.jpg]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Car body primed up:

Two little spots I wanna touch up with filler, but fairly pleased other than that, this was meant to be a daily bodge project, but now im starting to spend to much time getting it right lol!

We were going to spray it JD green for lols...but would look tragic....but thought a lolworthy daily...but now ive spent a bit of time / effort in the bodywork, we are thinking not....but cant decide what colour to do it atm!

Anyway pics as it stands..

[Image: IMAGE_463.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_462.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_461.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_460.jpg]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Decided to put this project on hold for a short while as want to get the bus back on the road for next year, hoping to carry on with this once thats back on the road!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Go on, just do JD Green, Yellow wheels, you know you want to!!!!!!!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Looks good Darren. Looks like its going quite well mate, spray it ford purple velvet Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
JD Green with yellow steels would be epic!
Always loved your old sigma, shame it got wrecked.

maybe go for ford st orange or lambo green Cool
Thanks given by:
I think I know which colour you should paint it... Consult Ruan as to what is the BEST colour in the entire world... Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Astor Grey. Stunning colour.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by: