GTi-6 - ITBs & CAMMED Track Car.. LATEST VIDEO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi-6 - ITBs & CAMMED Track Car.. LATEST VIDEO
Let me know if you do go for a spin tonight Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2012, 02:23 PM)Matt Wrote: Supercharger? Yawn.......

No supercharger? Bigger yawn....
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2012, 05:02 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 02:23 PM)Matt Wrote: Supercharger? Yawn.......

No supercharger? Bigger yawn....

Lol yeah... "but everyone goes S/C"

There are more N/A GTi6's than S/C ones.
Thanks given by:
Turbo FTW
Thanks given by:
Could take a leaf out of Darrens book and twin turbo + supercharge it. 800bhp+ GTi6?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
First proper mod (other than the suspension / brakes etc)

[Image: DSCF8569.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8570.jpg]

Absolute win, total must for any track car IMHO!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Well it fills me with great joy that the headgasket has gone.... 20,000 miles in the DT with over double stock HP and never broke anything engine related... 1000 miles in a stock engine'd '6 and the head gasket has popped. Great. Job for the weekend Sad

On the plus side, it still goes well and that diff has made the world of difference... plus it looks great when it's sat overheating:

[Image: DSCF8574.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8575.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8577.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8578.jpg]
JP
Thanks given by:
Lol world of petrol reliability and epic mpg

Oh wait
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Haha... ringing true Darren! Tongue
JP
Thanks given by:
Didn't realise quite how expensive the high boost kits were from lynx! Including the fitting and everything else they offer it adds up to nearly £9000! Not sure how much you could knock off by doing the work yourself and sourcing some parts yourself I didn't bother working it out.

I'm assuming your going to be trying to do it for considerably less than they charge? I'd be interested to know roughly how much you can get it down to.

Do you think in terms of reliability it would be as reliable as an engine which was origonally designed to be charged, for example a 1.8t vag engine. It has similarish stock figures to a gti engine and figures and can be upped to over 400 bhp with the right mods. So basically does it make sense that a 400 bhp 1.8t engine would be more reliable than a 400 bhp gti engine, because it was designed for boost in the first place? Or doesn't it make any difference once you've upgraded rods/pistons and what not..

Edit : Just realised stock figures of the engines aren't actually that simular, but it still helps express my query so I'll leave it.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Problem with the J4RS engine is that its high compression as standard, they make 167hp with no turbocharging, a 1.8t produces 150hp with turbocharging.... The compression ratio is a major factor when boosting an engine...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2012, 04:17 PM)Ben Wrote: Didn't realise quite how expensive the high boost kits were from lynx! Including the fitting and everything else they offer it adds up to nearly £9000! Not sure how much you could knock off by doing the work yourself and sourcing some parts yourself I didn't bother working it out.

I'm assuming your going to be trying to do it for considerably less than they charge? I'd be interested to know roughly how much you can get it down to.

Do you think in terms of reliability it would be as reliable as an engine which was origonally designed to be charged, for example a 1.8t vag engine. It has similarish stock figures to a gti engine and figures and can be upped to over 400 bhp with the right mods. So basically does it make sense that a 400 bhp 1.8t engine would be more reliable than a 400 bhp gti engine, because it was designed for boost in the first place? Or doesn't it make any difference once you've upgraded rods/pistons and what not..

Edit : Just realised stock figures of the engines aren't actually that simular, but it still helps express my query so I'll leave it.

I am not using any sort of kit, will be doing it all myself / with a mate.

Lynx (IIRC) use a C30 supercharger, I'm going for the larger C38 and standalone management from RSTuning.

With the right bottom end and supporting mods, there is no reason why 400 - 500hp shouldn't be pretty reliable...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 11:38 AM)jammapic Wrote: I am not using any sort of kit, will be doing it all myself / with a mate.

Lynx (IIRC) use a C30 supercharger, I'm going for the larger C38 and standalone management from RSTuning.

With the right bottom end and supporting mods, there is no reason why 400 - 500hp shouldn't be pretty reliable...

JP

Lynx do the high-high boost charger kit with the c38. MUCH better because of the additional flow, but to make it work you have to reduce the compression ratio accordingly.

The original high-boost was just a c30 kit, which made the power delivery much more peaky. The torque spread is massively increased with the c38, hence it's a better choice if you're going down that route.

Stan off the '6 forum has been running 454hp for a while now on his c38 high high booster IIRC. mind it seems to spend its entire time garaged so I dont know how many actual miles it's done!!!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Came here expecting to look at a 500hp '6.

Undecided
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
It will be nice to see a sc 6 actually go on another rolling road for a change.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd rather a 200bhp D Turbo to a 500bhp '6 all day.

But nevertheless thats me, I'll be keeping an eye on this Smile
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
It's going to take longer than I originally thought... buying a house - urgh!

/// 16" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's with Yokohama A048R's for sale. Freshly powder coated. Offers? Tongue
JP
Thanks given by:
So i can whip you for even longer Big Grin hahaha
Thanks given by:
JP - You have new PM!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Shame about the derv, good to see your cracking on with this though! Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Just noticed the title says turbo. Is it being turbo'd again now or did you just not change the title?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's still a possibility - something to mull over in the new year... I'm really concerned about drivability and heat issues with the turbo route, the supercharged option has so many more things going for it... any which way, I'd still like to crack 500hp with it - maybe a pipe dream, we will see.

Just ordered myself all the bits to do the headgasket and a set of cams too (seemed rude not to when the head has to come off anyway). Will get it done over the next few weeks and send the head off for some light headwork too. If I can make 180-190hp naturally aspirated it should keep my interest for a couple of months whilst giving me time to work towards something a bit more meaty when I've sorted the house out etc.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
You do realise running na cams on a boosted engine is less than ideal? You'll get less midrange torque and it'll be more peak of to drive; exactly what you're trying to avoid by charging it...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Not to mention the problems with valve overlap where you're likely to have increased manifold pressure, blowing most of the mix out the exhaust...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Confused?? They aren't going in the boosted engine, that's on a stand in the garage. The cams are just to give a boring car a bit more pep.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 03:09 PM)jammapic Wrote: The cams are just to give a boring car a bit more pep.

JP

So you can keep up for a bit you mean Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Still doubt it would keep up mate, so slow!
JP
Thanks given by:
Im confused this being turbo'd or charged?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ideally turbo'd, running and rstuning ecu and mapping, but it depends on a few issues I need to work through first, namely heat issues and drivability.

It may end up just being another c38 super high boost charged 6 but we will see.

I had designs on having the engine half way to built now but what with being screwed by my DT engine build (still remaining nameless for now) and buying a house its sort of been put on hold.

I've got to fall back in love again so will fix the headgasket, cam it and enjoy it a while before investing serious monies in boost...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 04:45 PM)jammapic Wrote: Still doubt it would keep up mate, so slow!

Ur takin me out wen i come up for them bits Smile need to see what these 6's are about Wink

Good things come to those who wait Wink
Thanks given by: