Engine advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine advice
Right here goes I currently have a non turbo 1.9 diesel estate which to all intents and purposes suits what I want however my mate who's a mechanic wants a project so I'm thinking of giving him the task of giving my old girl a new lease of life with a decent power build but on a budget and sticking with diesel so what's your advice will be getting a engine for him to work on not my current one
Thanks given by:
1.9 turbo diesel engine, what kinda power are you exactly after?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Depends what's achievable I want reliable and preferably 150+ bhp
Thanks given by:
bosch fuel pump, do a cheeky gov mod (guide on here) you could run a T2 and get close to that, i ran 144.9bhp on a T2 and bosch pump, but that was with an 11mm head in the pump instead of the standard 9mm, but i can't see why a 9mm pump wouldnt get 150bhp on a t2.
Thanks given by:
Problem is if you get near that power on a T2, you will really be pushing it too hard, remember these T2's are years old now and most are past their best. Your best off looking at a different turbo from another car, quite a few out there that once made to fit will make 150 without running rediculous boost pressure.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
What us the HUD capable of handling what is every one else getting from there engines
Thanks given by:
I assume you ,mean HDi..

You can get a reliable 150 from a stage 2 HDi, FMIC, a good map and you're pretty much there, you'll certainly see 140.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Sorry ment xud half asleep when writing
Thanks given by:
150 is easy with a Bosch and bigger turbo.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Will all the internals and everything cope ok with that though ?
Thanks given by:
Internals are a bit hit and miss really. I would say try not to run too much static advance on the pump and keep it well serviced to lessen the chances of something going wrong, but there's no definate was of stopping it happening. Could always use rods from a hdi which are slightly stronger.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
What's sort of turbo should I look out for then something like a garret from a land rover
Thanks given by:
depends what you want, easiest would be td04 from a Subaru, cj_derv sells adaptor plates to fit them. What Garrett are you referring to? If its the gt2052 then yeah that's a good size, as long as its not vnt as you then need to control it, which is not easy.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Thought maybe a t25 Or t28
Thanks given by:
T28 is way too laggy tbh.
Thanks given by:
Have you ever been in an XUD9 witha T28 ?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yep, bit too laggy IMHO Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Tbh I ain't ever been in a turbo diesel peugeot full stop
Thanks given by: