BOSCH PUMP ON A NA 1905

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOSCH PUMP ON A NA 1905
hi just took car for mot its a 1997 ph1 200000+ miles it failed only on emmissions now this is what i have done given it a full service ie oil air filters oil change and fuel filter change i now have removed the anti tamper sheild from the back of the pump to show the max fuel screw which i marked and unwound 1 full turn took it back for retest still failed (what i did notice is that since undong the max fuel screw the throttle arm now moves abbout 1 inch before the revs move up before it was right from the throttle stop the revs go went up any ideas what i can do now to get the smoke reduced? also yes the garage was being good testing it ie done a fast test failed then they reved the car up very slowly to try to stop the amount of smoke still failed limit 2.5 failed 2.87 so not to bad i have realy got the car up to temp even booted it down the bypass (black smoke not the word lol) i am thinking worn injectors due to millage? but can i reduce it enough to pass the test these have no boost compensators etc on them although has a egr valve will dissconnecting this help? cheers guys need this sorted asap as mots out very soon.
i am thinking about adding this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150919207202?s...1438.l2649
Thanks given by:
New exhaust? Don't know on 106 bosches but on the 306 there is a threaded bar you can wind in/out to limit throttle travel. I just do that lol and mine went through with 0.00 emissions
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is it only full throttle it smokes on? If so restrict thr pedal travel to the point where it doesn't smoke Smile
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
no even on light throttle blips it still smokes black smoke. exhaust only 12months old no cat straight pipe from manifold.
could i of wound the fuel screw out to much? or would it just cut out? also whats your thoughts on the egr should i just disconnect the plug for now will it make that much of a difference?
Thanks given by:
Fit a turbo?

Just sayin'..
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
buy a turbo 306 estate maybe yes but for now i need to get 12 months ticket on this and sell it lol
and yes if i blagged the tester and said it had a turbo lol it would of passed as limit 3.5
Thanks given by:
Fit an electric ebay turbo. Job done. lol
Thanks given by:
lol got to do something was going to pm darren to see if he has any ideas but cant seem to pm anyone?
Thanks given by:
Is it anymore under powered than normal?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
no does not seem to be checked timing marks all ok runs starts great just smoke always has done it a bit i thought undoing the screw would of sorted it but just seems to of messed the trotle arm setting up now have about 1 inch movement before starts reving was ok before moved screw.
Thanks given by:
If the screw was in the standard position before you touched it then turning it down will make it really lifeless. can't think what it could be other than not getting any air.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Remove the air filter for a start, less restriction = more air, it MAY help.

Have you played with the timing at all? A friend of mine has a 106 NAD and his electronic timing thingy's f*cked so it's either fully retarded or fully advanced. Does the NA have one of these?
Thanks given by:
defo not electronic timing controlled at all no wires just basic set up well i am going to try to put the screw back to where it was to get throttle position back correctly then remove the air cleaner (guttman from euro car parts) then i will put 2 bottles of that wurth cleaner as per ebay link then try a retest. could i alter the timing slightly would this help?
ricky i found if i turn it much more down it wont rev at all how much of a turn of the screw makes a difference? ie half a turn does that alter it much? 1 full turn does that alter it much? and i am turning it the right way out for less smoke?
also if the timing is out a bit which way do i alter the pump ie towards or away from the engine for less smoke?
Thanks given by:
Adjust the timing and run it on veg or at least half veg cos veg smoke dont show up on the machine
Thanks given by:
More injection timing / replace injectors...just sounds like a tired NA, be fine with timing / new nozzles.... Thats assuming air filter isnt choked
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
thanks for replies its a brand new gutmann air cleaner will remove for retest also which way do i alter the timing towards the head or away?
just looked on auto data it uses 299a injectors found these on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-30...2323cb758e
edit!! just been out working on the car i have now wound the fuel screw back in untill the throtle lever starts to raise the revs from the stop then backed of quarter of a turn then re adjusted the cable runs the best its been for a while i also dissconnected the egr valve power plug so it no longer operates and removed the air cleaner.
but its made no difference for the black smoke? well maybe looks brown now lol i also noticed the spindle seal on the top of the injector pump is leaking slightly probably from when i was running veg oil earlyer in the year are these seals easy to change i take it i need the top cover seal and a spindle seal/o ring/bush? cheers vince
Thanks given by:
anyone know if these will work ok in my 306 1.9d bosch injectors same break pressure etc
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180999668710?s...1438.l2649
Thanks given by:
also as darren says adjust the timing is this advance or retard to get rid of the black smoke with my old injectors
Thanks given by:
Italian tune up? Rev it hard and blow out any shite in the exhaust etc
Biodiesel/Veg would help alot though
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
well a update i disconnected the egr plug removed the brand new air cleaner and then put 2 cans of wurth diesel additive in it (tank 1/3 rd full) took it for a blast after about 10 miles no smoke whatsoever took it for retest passed on fast test at 0.67 so well plesed another 306 on the road for another 12 months no adviseries either. thanks for all your tips / advice great forum.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,421 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,983 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,485 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby