Project smokey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project smokey
Looking good, hope you manage to get a decent result and save the shell. I think I may have a go at painting my car this summer, as my bodyworks pretty poor nowadays mainly due to having to park out on the road. Have you looked into telling the DVLA of the colour change and making it all official? Just wondering how easy that is..
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Rang them today actually to find out at what point i need to tell them as im doing it panel by panel for now and they said when the dominant colour has changed justsend off the log book with the revised colour, so il be doing the rear quarters last an informing them once iv sprayed them
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Cool, sounds easy enough to sort out. No money involved then?
Thanks given by:
Not as far as i know Smile it aint gonna be the best paint job but the dents were depressing Sad
Thanks given by:
It's free for change of colour I done it eventually on my old Matt black one Wink

Smokey is slowly getting there mate will look good when all done. Glad to see you are saving him Smile

Thanks given by:
Today i figured id finally get my rear arch liner back in so got it jacked up whipped the wheel off and started cleaning the arch with the wire brush and slapped on some kurust and painted it to seal italso cleaned up and treated the outside of the arch:

[Image: edytu4a4.jpg]

Also figured id whip the bumper off and give it a clean and spray Smile

[Image: tehatuva.jpg][Image: 3ary6a2y.jpg][Image: 3yzyzumy.jpg][Image: aga4yje4.jpg]

And on the car:

[Image: 9yza9esu.jpg][Image: ubuvu9eh.jpg]

Also dipped the last bit of my interior plastics in black its the 2 pieces at the rear of the roof lining by the boot:

[Image: bapupu8u.jpg]

Then i decided id finally fit the front powerflex bottom arm bushed, i may fit the p bushes tomorrow:

[Image: egaqevep.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking very good now mate now crack on and get the rest sprayed Smile

Thanks given by:
Weather dependant i may do the door shuts and edges etc tomorrow and start the filler work on the n/s arch Smile
Thanks given by:
Good lad shame I Cba to save my sigma Sad don't fancy driveing it with how bent it was its straight again but defo wouldn't want to hit anything again in it Sad

Thanks given by:
leme know how you get on with the powerflex p bushes...I be doing mine next week...

like the work to be fair...matt black...why not!

how did the plastidip come out?? curious about its durability...thinking about getting a can or two for subframe and arms
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sad it looked mint aswell Sad

(19-04-2013, 08:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: leme know how you get on with the powerflex p bushes...I be doing mine next week...

like the work to be fair...matt black...why not!

how did the plastidip come out?? curious about its durability...thinking about getting a can or two for subframe and arms

i used 3-4 coats on my interior light panel and its pretty strong i havent managed to mark or scratch it yet turning the lights on and off so im impressed with it, hopefully i can get onto them tomorrow and should be getting some parts soon so i can get cracking on my beam and and tie rods , ill be putting the arms on the same time i do the tie road save taking it apart twice, its going matt black for cheapness tbh so i can have a straight car without having to pay for 5-600 repsray impressed with the finish on it tbh, its the same paint pellowe has used on the meatwagon
Thanks given by:
Had a few hours free this afternoon and thought id get a bit done while we still had the sun, at first thought id just do the gutter trims so whipped them out masked the up and sprayed them:
[Image: 8a9avupy.jpg]
And fitted next to carbon wrap vinyl roof:
[Image: y8y8y5y6.jpg]
Contemplated doing the other arch then bit the bullet and got cracking:
[Image: 9emuzazy.jpg]
And after a bit more filler and wet sanding:
[Image: ugeneqeb.jpg]
And wet (look at the reflection)
[Image: sajuja6u.jpg][Image: ra6a9eny.jpg]
Im happy with it at least Smile

Iv been meaning to sort my air filter out for a while it was on the end of here:
[Image: qe5a9yzu.jpg]
It looked like this:
[Image: 2ada6u7a.jpg]
Got my box of pipes out and now its like this Smile
[Image: yry5evub.jpg]

Thats all folks Smile
Thanks given by:
More done today... I couldnt face any more sanding etc so decided id do the door shuts and rear window surrounds:

[Image: za8enese.jpg]

Then decided id whip my morettes off so they are ready for me to repair one of the lugs and the area that usually has a screw to hold the indicator in so figured i may aswell spray my grill:

[Image: utytymar.jpg]

Roughly what smokey will look like up front (but with black bumper)

[Image: qu6ubute.jpg]

Fitted my original lights and hockey sticks spray black:

[Image: zyde7u2u.jpg]

Also p bushes fitted to the bottom arms (took all of 2 minutes to fit) was expecting them to be hell of alot tighter

[Image: e6ymyha4.jpg]

Will be giving them a coat of white hammerite i think :p

Thats it for today, fair bit done this weekend Smile its getting there slowly
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing this when you get all the painting done, should look pretty cool. What are the lines on the bonnet? Or is that just the picture?
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 06:05 PM)Ben Wrote: Looking forward to seeing this when you get all the painting done, should look pretty cool. What are the lines on the bonnet? Or is that just the picture?

The lines are from dodgy rushed spraying as i will be replacing the bonnet in a few weeks anyway so didnt wanna waste too much time or paint on it but the sides will be done in pleny of even coats Smile so should look ok

Got a few bits from lee last sunday:

Drivers side rear arch liner

Heater motor cover

Roof lining

De-cat pipe

Spax shocks and 40mm springs

The knackered beam off his 6 which i started stripping this afternoon Arb came out alright but TB's are seized solid split 2 blocks of wood trying to knock one out of the arm need bigger hammer and more wood from work :p

And a ph1 bumper as 3 out of 4 bolts snapped on it Sad so rather than messing with it im just gonna spray up another bumper but until then i chucked the ph3 bumper he gave me just so it didnt stand out too much:

[Image: aputega7.jpg]

[Image: ja9uvede.jpg]

I got home from work this sunday and thought id try out my new toy:
[Image: ezezezaz.jpg]

Tortion bars weren't stuborn for long :p

Sprayday sunday, no more sigma Sad
Thanks given by:
Its now black Smile
[Image: yhenuzym.jpg]
[Image: ypa5ube7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
8 years later [emoji23][emoji1787] this things still going, it's still black, has had a rebuilt engine with a T25 @25 psi for the last few years, fmic off a rover 75, blue carpet, custom lights, custom made plasma dials and Hyundai coupe front seats, and a hell of a lot of welding and IV still got more to do with it.
[Image: 94e4bc514083a4956b96b7310d09a99d.jpg][Image: 4d8313291a0e40d06bc3559f37bc03b6.jpg][Image: b0f5c663c3fa304d13542eaf941b0d57.jpg][Image: 5c3ea44abc435e432b6b4e70c1460c28.jpg][Image: eb6ce12c16b0df1329a7e81417b81382.jpg][Image: 0a2ce7dbfe2aa3b9b5abe9b56486e3db.jpg][Image: d8b3a2ad0f77adb1902471f65dcee714.jpg][Image: 05680bce4331f6be9d3c42c81a55f458.jpg][Image: 2b71920449cee7070dc7fec6a17d3a56.jpg]

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Thanks for sharing. It's no small feat to stay motivated long-term with a project like this. Good job!

Love the blue carpet btw. Rare as hens teeth these days I imagine?
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2021, 09:05 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: Thanks for sharing. It's no small feat to stay motivated long-term with a project like this. Good job!

Love the blue carpet btw. Rare as hens teeth these days I imagine?
I've had it a few years now but I'd imagine so, 306's in general seem to be pretty rare [emoji1787]
I'm still going with it, just about, no motivation at the moment it's a driveway ornament but once things settled down, ill get back to it.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: