Project smokey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project smokey
Glad the swap went well mate. i would of poped round to give you a hand but been mega buisy.
Andy we will have to sort a date out for sorting your matrix out Smile ow and my startor motor has sprung back to life on the silver 6 Big Grin still going to swap it with a spare i have tho just incase Smile

Thanks given by:
Heaters are good, clutch is good... Although the pedal is low, and i swore and growled quite a bit doing the matrix and i say i wouldn't like to do another one any time soon but i also had my wiring to deal with and tidy up, all tidy now though ripped out wires i no longer need, re-routed my wires for my stereo n fan switch and didnt have any screw nuts or bolts left Big Grin
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
i dont think smokey could have picked a better time but now looks like i need a new driveshaft got a nice grinding and clicking on the drivers side jacked it up to have a look and turned the wheel, and its clicking from the inner cv, god dammit hopefully it will hold out untill wednesday and about 40mile Smile fingers crossed
Thanks given by:
That's shit mate I still need to swap all the wishbones and hubs on the 6 as the wheel bearing and wishbone bushes are f*cked Sad looks like some nice member on .net has shafted me on them wishbones off jammapic aswell as we had agreed on £40 and I arrange a courier was wateing for payment details and get a message saying he's got someone else who has offerd him more money and to up my bid Sad WTF

You got them pipes fitted for the heaters yet?

Thanks given by:
nah not yet dude that will be done once the mount is ready Smile im begining to wonder wether my mate decided to 'persuade' the o/s shaft out and has mashed up the bearing when we done the clutch Sad i hope not
Thanks given by:
Hmmm may well of mate just hope its the shaft that's gone and nothing else Smile
Received the roller bearing project kit in the post today just got to get my grandad to finish it off for me Smile

Thanks given by:
Ye dude i noticed Smile should be interesting to see them on
Thanks given by:
My o/s inner cv is scrap so rather than messing about £40 new shaft 2 years warranty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhT3DIphvG0
Thanks given by:
[Image: zy7a3aba.jpg]
[Image: jydydyme.jpg]
Think the bearing had had it too all changed and no more noise Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 02:10 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Whey hey!!! what's it like having heat??
That's a shitter about the clutch bud but at least you now know your clutch is good for all those future horsesSmile
Need a hand getting my matrix done bud and as you've already done one..... lol R45 said he will also help.
Plenty of bacon/sausage sandwiches and tea/coffee/beer/red bull/monster energy available Smile

im good at heater matrix changes, it would probly involve an angle grinder though haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Haha ye i saw your method for the 405 :p
Thanks given by:
damn, that bearing did seem fubar! i take it that was in and out play? (giggity)
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
It was perfectly fine 3 weeks ago when we did the clutch..... Although i wasn't the one doing the 11mms up
Thanks given by:
Because everyone likes pictures :p
[Image: 2abegyby.jpg]
[Image: sazudy8e.jpg]

Clutch arm wasn't in the right position but was seized when we done the clutch, even with heat it was a bitch to move and then didnt go back to the original position so i only had 3 inches of pedal so after more heat, drill, saw chizel and hammer finally got it off Smile
Thanks given by:
Current state of smokey:
[Image: vyqa5ymu.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2aqamymu.jpg]
[Image: 4abe9a5u.jpg]
All fitted n finished then came out later that night n saw this:
[Image: e5arepam.jpg][Image: 5e3aba7a.jpg][Image: ryvy9ema.jpg][Image: u8emuqad.jpg][Image: za5equqy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What the f*ck happened?!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Some c*** never saw it parked up under a lampost and went all down the side of it they were going that fast the mirror was taken off and flew forward and dent the upright on the door
Thanks given by:
Ouch! Had a similar thing happen to the van a while back. Any luck finding the culprit?

Ouch! Had a similar thing happen to the van a while back. Any luck finding the cu
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Na not yet but neighbour is gonna check his cctv, my mirror cap ended up 3 doors down and my rub strips ended up 6-7 doors down out side his house so hopefully he's picked up who did it along with my rub strips landing outside his and get a reg to give to the old bill, screwing though Sad
Thanks given by:
what a git
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
edit wrong thread, lol

shitter about the car though dude, is it save able?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
shit man! hope you find outwho did it, that is NOT cool
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
£250 to repair the side but then id have a mibt side and the rest of the car would look shite so £600+ its gonna cost to keep it sigma n not mich less just to straighten it up so i think its done
Thanks given by:
What do you mean "it's done" ?
Thanks given by:
Rat it
Thanks given by:
Its going i think, all body work is now wrecked where as before it was bearable so im on the look out for another pug, iv got an unexplained knocking on the front end despite changin the full front end suspension set up, the beam is completely knackered, rear inner arch is rotten and it started rotting the outer arch
Thanks given by:
Yhpm Smile
Thanks given by:
your so unlucky with people driving into this car, seems every other update was because some hit it Sad
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yup proper pissed off about it i know its a shed but its my shed that been drove for 3 years n then i decided id spend some money on it, luckily nothing exterior has been damaged so they can come off n go on the next one wheels lights etc
Thanks given by: