XUD powered kit car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD powered kit car
First time ive seen this. Awesome! Smile
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2014, 06:36 PM)Dean Wrote: XUD Trike, has to be done.. James get designing a frame lol

Indeedy! Cars are too mainstream Nospeak
...85cc Petrol 0 Doors... - ...135MPG... - ...£17 Tax...
Thanks given by:
XUD trike ftw!

There isn't much of an update, sadly. It's been parked up since the end of august when the tax ran out, can't afford to tax it so I've just been starting it every now and then. I've got a new differential that I can mix and match with my existing diff to make a lower ratio LSD. I've got a massive list of things I want to do with it, flip all time and cash at the mo though
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 11:01 PM)Xud Missile Wrote: XUD trike ftw!

There isn't much of an update, sadly. It's been parked up since the end of august when the tax ran out, can't afford to tax it so I've just been starting it every now and then. I've got a new differential that I can mix and match with my existing diff to make a lower ratio LSD. I've got a massive list of things I want to do with it, flip all time and cash at the mo though

Got a project thread going.. check it out? its a bit rare atm considering i havent started haha
...85cc Petrol 0 Doors... - ...135MPG... - ...£17 Tax...
Thanks given by:
Long time since last update, this is how she looks now:

[Image: 20140801_173308.jpg]

[Image: 20140804_151517.jpg]
(still XUD, that's a different cylinder head)

Not had it back on the road this year due to 2014 being a massive bawbag.

Now that things are better I'll soon be able to spend more time on this (and even a bit of cash) I recently came across a 2nd hand intercooler for sale from a Caterham Levante. They made 8 so they aren't exactly common (i'd never even heard of a Levante) So I bought it, it's the biggest intercooler I can fit under a standard nosecone. So I'm not sure whether to fit it now and how to remake all the intercooler & radiator mountings or just get it on the road for a bit.

[Image: 20141012_161643.jpg]

[Image: 20141012_161621.jpg]

I've enjoyed making videos this year more than taking photos. Don't let the fancy thumbnails fool you, they're zero budget and mostly awful, but I had fun making them Tongue If you're bored there's 5 more eps after the one below, and I'll be making more when I've got the time so feel free to subscribe if you're a youtube junkie like me

Thanks given by:
well this has progressed!

Keen fabrication work there
Thanks given by:
woah, somebody's welded on all the boost right there!
Thanks given by:
Fair play sir, fair play!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I bet that makes some interesting noises! :-D
Thanks given by:
Get in!

Looks great mate!

What turbo is that gorgeous manifold bolted to??

And what S/C? Must be making mega umph!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
cheers chaps! It's got a TD04 and eaton M62 S/C.

These vids probably best show the sound, but it still sounds far better in the flesh

Thanks given by:
This is truly a fantastic creation well done loads of great effort gone into it
Thanks given by:
Ooo another turbo and supercharged xud!!! How come this is on here not the projects section? Lol
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Just watched the videos...

Totally awesomemaaaaaadness!! Love it ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Time to dig this up from the depths and get back on it. I've barely touched this for ages but starting to get the ball rolling again now. 

Last time I had it running something went wrong. A loud bang followed by massive amounts of smoke from cylinder 3. I haven't taken it to bits yet and didn't have the time to. Valve stem, pistons ring, cracked head? no idea yet! Place your bets now. So what I've done for now is buy a running engine just to slap in there and get it up and running again for summer with turbo only. In the meantime I'll build up a decent engine.

I've had a spare engine sitting under my workbench for a couple of years, I've adapted my engine stand to take an XUD. This is the one I'll be rebuilding.

[Image: xud02.jpg]

[Image: xud03.jpg]

And here's the engine I picked up yesterday that I'll stick straight in so I can get some use of the kit over the summer. This was from an 806, as is the engine currently in the MK. Came with a bosch pump, T2 and an EGR-related clogged intake that would put a 400lb american's arteries to shame
[Image: xud05.jpg]

Sitting next to the MK now, I'll start doing the swap tomorrow evening. Shouldn't take that long really

[Image: xud01.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dont 806s have semi ecu controlled jobbie? Also what cars it going in? Any plans for the rebuild
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 06:30 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Dont 806s have semi ecu controlled jobbie? Also what cars it going in? Any plans for the rebuild

Yep they do may need to change it  shame about the old engine really like this project good to see its still on going :-)
Thanks given by:
Yep it's one of those semi electric jobbies, but will have some use as spares and injectors/lines. I've got about 8 standard pumps on my workbench so no shortage just yet Big Grin The engine is going back in the kit car
Thanks given by:
Haha there is no short supply of Diesel pumps/injectors in his shed! Wink
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Whats the plans for the new block then?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yay! Good to see this is still floating around, always did wonder what this would be like to drive.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
it's baaaaackkk
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2016, 06:09 AM)Piggy Wrote: Whats the plans for the new block then?

Forged hot rods , ARP Wardens, lightened ferris wheel, balanced arse end
Thanks given by: silverzx
(27-04-2016, 02:32 PM)Xud Missile Wrote:
(27-04-2016, 06:09 AM)Piggy Wrote: Whats the plans for the new block then?

Forged hot rods , ARP Wardens, lightened ferris wheel, balanced arse end

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
All i got done last night was stripping ancillaries off the new engine. I took the waterpump off and it looks brand new inside, I'm used to taking them off and seeing rusty water. Someone has had a go at the pump immobiliser in the past, and the turbo has no play it in at all. Flywheel removed ready to fit the hdi one from the engine currently in the car. I'll probably mount the pump while it's on the floor and then hoist it into the MK this weekend.

[Image: xuud01.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There's been another delay on this, I took the old engine out and noticed the spigot bearing for the pilot gearbox had gone! So had been running without one apparently, I think when I put the engine together the first time it was on, but then I had to take the engine out to sort the clutch arm, I think it fell off then.

So it took a few weeks to sort one out through an LDV dealer, they didn't have them in stock so there was a bit of a wait.

Clutch & fly transferred to new engine. The usual clutch allignment tool used:

[Image: dirt04.jpg]

Bolted to gearbox:
[Image: dirt02.jpg]
 All back together:
[Image: dirt01.jpg]

So next is connecting fuel lines, starter etc and seeing if the 'new' engine is any good  Tongue
Thanks given by:
Guna be win..
Cant see pics tho Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Got the fuel lines connected today and wondered why i wasn't getting any fuel to the injectors. Apparently someone forgot to connect the fuel stop solenoid wire.

It fired up okay. I haven't got any water lines connected (only running it for 20 seconds) and there was a fair bit of smoke/vapour coming out of the heater hoses and thermostat housing. It's either residual coolant burning off or the head gasket is toast. I didn't have time to have a closer look or run the engine again so I'm not sure yet. So there may be an issue, but it wouldn't be an xud without, right?  Tongue
Thanks given by:
Any updates on this awesome project ?
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2016, 05:02 PM)Adam CD P1 Wrote: Any updates on this awesome project ?

Sadly not. The 'good running' engine was not so good. So i need another
Thanks given by: