XUD powered kit car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD powered kit car
Today was fun. Spent ages fiddling with bleeding the clutch. Also welded some tabs to the radiator mounting for extra strength and started to tidy the wiring. Then I started to mock up the exhaust, I've got enough steel around to do the whole thing but ran out of cutting disks so that won't take long when I get some more. Then I had a quick spin in the yard and the clutch just went completely. Then we bled it with an eezibleed which must have shifted a persistent bubble as it firmed right up. Quick vid of sam having a go Rofl:

Thanks given by:
Looks awesome but not as fast as i was expecting, probably down to wheelspin. When you gonna get some videos on a longer run in a higher gear.
Thanks given by:
that looks like so much fun well done
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 08:46 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Looks awesome but not as fast as i was expecting, probably down to wheelspin. When you gonna get some videos on a longer run in a higher gear.

Yeah lots of wheel spin, just hooning about then Tongue I went for a quick straight line run today, I was limited by how much space we have and my brakes aren't fully bled yet so I made sure the end of the run was the huge horse muck/straw pile in case I couldn't stop quick enough. I managed to avoid a Biff/manure moment and it was massive grin quick Big Grin I'll do an acceleration vid soon, I'll definitely do a proper long run vid when it's passed MOT test ThumbsUp

(03-12-2012, 08:49 PM)Kwik Wrote: that looks like so much fun well done

Cheers, yeah it's great fun Big Grin Can't wait to get it road legal and go for a proper run in her.

X-z0r5t0rz fabrication today. I reused my old silencer and made the rest out of scrap, quick and cheap. I was going to weld up the old lambda thread but found a spark plug that bunged it up perfectly.

[Image: zorst1.jpg]

[Image: zorst2.jpg]

Sounds smoother now and a bit quieter.
Thanks given by:
Looks epic! Love it. NEED a fast vid though!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 09:42 PM)Xud Missile Wrote: Yeah lots of wheel spin, just hooning about then [Image: tongue.gif] I went for a quick straight line run today, I was limited by how much space we have and my brakes aren't fully bled yet so I made sure the end of the run was the huge horse muck/straw pile in case I couldn't stop quick enough. I managed to avoid a Biff/manure moment and it was massive grin quick [Image: biggrin.gif] I'll do an acceleration vid soon, I'll definitely do a proper long run vid when it's passed MOT test [Image: yes.gif]

Legend, really want one of these now.

Why the F have you got a spark plug in your exhaust pipe though?
Thanks given by:
to bung the lambda sensor hole dum
Thanks given by:
Been to scrapped with Ben, and we stopped by his workshop on way back to show me this :p

[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
it keeps getting better and that for a 20 min lash up is awesome lol
Thanks given by:
I might finally be getting a gearstick next week, and a new clutch m/c as the current one is b0rked.

Scrapyard trip was a good one! This thread needs more AK47.
Thanks given by:
What was that??? More AK47 you say???

Scrappy Finds!!!!!!!

[Image: IMAG1180-1.jpg]
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2012, 05:16 PM)Xud Missile Wrote: This thread needs more AK47.

Ganja?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I love this! A friend of mine toyed with the idea of an XUD sierra. This is far better!
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2012, 09:34 PM)Dave Wrote: Been to scrapped with Ben, and we stopped by his workshop on way back to show me this :p

hahahaaa...fuckin brilliant mate.Smile
Thanks given by:
lol @ pic. I look like a Grade 1 listed tit Tongue Still not sure why those cards had the 'E of hearts' in them
Thanks given by:
You look to have a better scrap yard than us I don't think we've ever had a cherry red 306 in ours, needed a wing for ages!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Back to it after xmas break. I got a pilot gear stick in the post and fitted it. It's a bit too far forward so I'll have to find or make a remote fitting for it. A new master cylinder sorted my clutch issues so I can now change gear! Just a shame the yard isn't big enough to use all of them. I'm trailering the car back to my home garage tomorrow to get it ready for MOT test so next video of it moving will be on the road.

Cheap gaffer tape leaves no sticky residue on camera ^_^
[Image: cam1_zps50ef1a7b.jpg]

Thanks given by:
proper awesome!
Thanks given by:
This is fooking brilliant mate!! Very well done & i will be keeping an eye on this! Is it for sale? ;p lol
Thanks given by:
Epic chap Smile

Needs more rpms tho, get that pump opened up!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Nah it's not for sale Tongue Pump mods will follow shortly Big Grin

I actually had a useful experience with the DVLA recently, which was nice. V5 will be sent off soon along with a letter/photos to update CC and fuel type. I've done engine swaps before but the engines I've used before have all had engine numbers. I thought this would be a big problem but apparently not ThumbsUp

I've made an inlet plenum from scrap steel. Not the prettiest thing but for getting me on the road and clearing the bonnet it'll do fine for now, and there's less intercooler pipework and less mad bends. When the car is on the road I'll work on a V2 plenum that's lighter and flows better.

My headlights have been modified (from a motorbike so beam pattern had to be altered) and I've made a good start on the gearbox remote linkage. As it stands I have to lean forwards to change gear, the gearstick would be underneath the dash if it was attached! So the linkage will bring it back about 8". A fuel return connector needs to be made on the tank, then fuel lines. Working through the list nicely but dreading the wiring Sad Not that wiring an XUD is hard Big Grin it's the mess that the loom is in at the moment, needs an overhaul.

[Image: inlet01_zps421c0aba.jpg]

[Image: inlet02_zpse73277e0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
that is AWESOME!!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I've been in the garage every evening for the last couple of weeks beavering away at the list of things to do. All lights are now wired up and working, as is the alternator. Things left to do: wire up glow plug relay, finish interior (inc. dashboard), bolt in seats and belts, make a cover for the rear panel, turn a gear knob on the lathe. Getting close to MOT test, maybe in the next couple of weeks.

Wonder if I can reprogram the digidash so it says OIL or VEG... Tongue
[Image: snow5_zps49b19fae.jpg]

[Image: snow2_zps50f977ad.jpg]

[Image: snow1_zps7c84ce48.jpg]

[Image: snow3_zpsa6bd1c01.jpg]

Battery panel is wood, I'm not paying £97 for a new one! The battery is now in the passenger footwell. I've got a small diesel leak on the pump, seems to be coming out of the throttle shaft area so I need to sort that out.
Thanks given by:
That inlet is absolutely awesome!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I was going to say the flow on the old Inlet looked really poor, but i see youv sorted it Tongue

Looks awsome though mate, different !

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
this is frapping eppic...how have I missed this...

the torque pull must be insane
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That inlet is epic. You need to start selling them, you'd make a bomb!
I cam imagine this thing being stupid fast, mines 300kgs lighter than a 306 and the different is very noticable and it does go quite well, but this is another 400 odd kgs lighter than mine!!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
it will be easily 300bhp per ton surely?! and thats mildly tuned

who know what the torque figure per ton could be...epic project
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No windscreen so its probably pretty light even for a kit although iron block, turbo and FMIC all add weight over the standard kit car engines so its probably 500kg ish and thatll tell you all you need to know about PTW ratios.

I so need to get myself another Dutton and do this.
Thanks given by:
Hopefully it'll be sub 600kg. I know of someone on the kit car forum I use with an MK with a pinto which weighed in at 560kg. The XUD is about 20kg heavier. I'll get it weighed when it's on the road to find out ThumbsUp

Insurance sorted, MOT test booked for tuesday, eeek. I took the top section of my pump off today to find the source of a diesel dribble. I managed to break one half of a small bracket. What a fanny rotter. (no idea what it's called, the bit in red in the pic below. The pic below is of the old dead pump btw, just using it to show the bracket i mean)

[Image: k.jpg]

Since I don't yet know what I'm doing with these pumps I might swap an untouched standard bosch pump over and fix the b0rked pump on my bench. Otherwise I can see myself spending half a day getting another bracket then going to fit it and breaking that one too, idk.

To do before test: fix pump/fit another pump, get hazards to work without ignition on, align headlights, sort out bonnet mount. Everything else to do is cosmetic and can wait.
Thanks given by: