FMIC pipe routing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FMIC pipe routing
I'm looking to fit my new Fmic in the next couple of days but have no idea where I'm going to put the piping! Has anyone got piping pictures or could give me any advice please?
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:

What size pipping you using? It looks massive
Thanks given by:
sorry but ain't that got a few to many bends? i thought the objective was to get pipework as short as possible to decrease lag?
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Thread moved to appropriate section mate.

IIRC theres pics somewhere in the guides section too
Thanks given by:
Some ideas here
And also this Smile
Thanks given by:
These are mine, but can't take credit cause I boght them both 2nd hand.

Prefer the 2inch setup with twinpass intercooler though - much neater.

[Image: 2011_09_28-silver-zx-5467.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0531.jpg]
Thanks given by:
heres mine

[Image: Photo0696.jpg]
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
left side of the Rad

[Image: 2012-08-23160126.jpg]

Right side

[Image: 2012-08-23160139.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Thanks guy, a lot of help! Gunna go get all the piping tomorrow for it!
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
This is mine:

[Image: DSCF0148.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0149.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0150.jpg]

[Image: DSCF8238.jpg]
JP
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2012, 11:54 AM)nufc4frosty Wrote:
(27-09-2012, 11:46 AM)dturbopeck Wrote:

What size pipping you using? It looks massive

2.5" I think,

(27-09-2012, 12:54 PM)Kwik Wrote: sorry but ain't that got a few to many bends? i thought the objective was to get pipework as short as possible to decrease lag?

It dosnt make a noticeable difference, TBH
Thanks given by:
This is mine although I have modified a few of the bends since

[Image: Image075.jpg]
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
dturbopeck i must have my physics wrong then hehe.

Honestly redesign it with less bends and more straights which will reduce piping length which will decrease lag. is elementary physics bends slow things down. look at everyone else's to yours and you'll see.
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2012, 01:18 PM)Kwik Wrote: dturbopeck i must have my physics wrong then hehe.

Honestly redesign it with less bends and more straights which will reduce piping length which will decrease lag. is elementary physics bends slow things down. look at everyone else's to yours and you'll see.

You don't mate, but it does me, it is on the to do list however, thinner pipe and better routing for when the bigger turbo goes on,
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2012, 02:21 PM)dturbopeck Wrote:
(28-09-2012, 01:18 PM)Kwik Wrote: dturbopeck i must have my physics wrong then hehe.

You don't mate, but it does me, it is on the to do list however, thinner pipe and better routing for when the bigger turbo goes on,

That's cool. Not having a pop just i'm rather blunt. I'd say do it now and what turbo is yours running?
Thanks given by:
Just a t2, am happy with it now, but I want more!
Thanks given by:
lol as i say to everyone get a superbike ninja that's the way forward lol
Thanks given by:
has anyone bought a universal kit and it all fitted ok with nothing else needed? i've got an adapter ready just looking at fmic kits now and trying to decide on something, also wondering on ideal size of ic...
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2012, 06:47 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: These are mine, but can't take credit cause I boght them both 2nd hand.

im going to go for the 2" set up with a twin pass intercooler Smile
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2012, 06:47 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: These are mine, but can't take credit cause I boght them both 2nd hand.

were can i get hold of a convertion adapter for the fmic mate ?
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0173-1.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0003-2.jpg]

I cut a bigger hole where the washer bottle went went that way......had to remove washer bottle
Thanks given by:
IMHO don't get too hung up on keeping the lengths short, concentrate more on not changing the diameter of the piping... Going from 1 3/4" up to 3" then back down to 2 inch then up to 3 inch is NOT good for airflow, it reduces gas velocity, increases restriction (i.e. piping pressure will go up, pressure to the actual manifold doesnt change)...

If the entire intercooling system was say 35 litres (and that's being very generous) - a Garrett T25 at it's peak flow puts out around 21lb/min = 0.15 kg/s (mass airflow) which when you convert to volumetric flow is around 0.12m^3/s - 35 litres is 0.035m^3/second so that'd take around 0.29 seconds to fill, obviously that's at full flow, but I'm sure you can appreciate my point, that it's not so much the volume, it's the reduction in size that affects things...

Also people really aren't working on air intakes hard enough, IMHO it's actually one of THE most important points of a tuned Turbocharged diesel engine, having the inlet as unrestrictive as possible... People assume that as long as it's the same size of pipe as the compressor inlet, it'll do, it all stems from what we learnt from NA engines where shoving a fat cone filter on doesn't do jack... On a turbo diesel, *improving* the air intake system will help massively...

[Image: iis36at.jpg]

Notice the MASSIVE air intake, our engines NEED this... And keep it cool on the way!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 64cec807.jpg]

[Image: 78b29cd9.jpg]
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bosh

[Image: DSCF1920copy.jpg]
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i see some peope have an adapter where the inlet bolts to the standard intercooler so they can use a fmic, are they home made or does someone supply them?

Thanks given by:
(06-11-2012, 12:33 PM)craig-dodd Wrote: i see some peope have an adapter where the inlet bolts to the standard intercooler so they can use a fmic, are they home made or does someone supply them?

i think there is someone who makes them but most people just use a xantia manifold
Thanks given by:
Wink 
(06-11-2012, 12:33 PM)craig-dodd Wrote: i see some peope have an adapter where the inlet bolts to the standard intercooler so they can use a fmic, are they home made or does someone supply them?

i have just perchaced one from ash... i am going to have a few made up cus they are not easy to get hold of,plus i did'nt want to mess about getting the xantia manifold Smile
Thanks given by:
if any ones interested I now have another adapter and also a xantia manifold goin spare
Thanks given by:
bit skint this week butif you still have the adapter next weekend il buy it off you
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clutch cable routing carlukepeugeot 4 2,315 29-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Last Post: carlukepeugeot
  Aux Belt Routing - 2 Tensioners Needed? bigcheez2k3 2 1,319 11-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: toseland
  FMIC pipe routing, Jarrus 39 10,657 05-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: VOYTEC