Clocking my TD04

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clocking my TD04
Been trying to clock the compressor housing around slightly, ive removed the actuator, but can't get the circlip out, ive managed to move it a little but have snapped 2 sets of pliers now. It just wont budge.

How do i get the circlip out? Or does anyone know of some heavey duty circlip pliers and where to buy them?

Thanks
John
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
not sure, big circlip pliers i guess, but i'll need to know soon for when i do mine . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I need some really strong pliers but im not sure which ones to buy, don't want to spend loads. Im pretty certain i have the only td04 that is difficult
Thanks given by:
Nah, they're a total cock to do in fairness...

Best way is to release the circlips by getting a punch that fits well and tapping it with a hammer, once released and able to move, then get the circlip pliers on the job... Lots of WD40 required, time and patience...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I did get a screwdriver and tried tapping it and the middle of the circlip came free but that was no help but not the ends, and it wedged there and didn't spring back.

Guess i need to buy some more pliers and try clean the areas around the clip so that it can move more freely, more swearing needed aswell Sad

I blame you for this ruan you suggested the td04 for my mx5 TongueTongue the t25 i had i clocked really easy shame the turbine is fooked.
Thanks given by:
I had to use some big arse circlip pliers to get mine off. Horrible things.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2012, 08:04 PM)Ricky Wrote: I had to use some big arse circlip pliers to get mine off. Horrible things.

Where did you get them from ?

Im looking at these not sure if they will be man enough

http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/40037...00mm%20J31
Thanks given by:
I borrowed them from my father in law. Really need the biggest you can find, here's a pic of one of the pair I was given, didn't use these and they are for external circlips but the others are the same size. It was still tight with these :o

[Image: IMAG0240.jpg]
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I borrowed my mates some big arse snap on ones which lock out when you compress them save you trying to hold the fucker tight when removing lol, do as ruan said though to free it up first as it will be tight as a nuns ....
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Went on the search for a bigger set of circlip pliers and got nowhere, so i gave it one more go after soaking with wd40 and i managed to get it out with the help of a screwdriver to wedge under one side of the clip.

Removed the locating pin and have started cleaning up the housing ready to clock and refit.

Thanks for the advice Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TD04 Clocking clarkey2010 12 1,630 13-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Last Post: clarkey2010
  Manifold Removal, Easy or Hard? And Turbo Clocking? bigcheez2k3 9 4,238 24-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Dave
  TD04 Oil return and Clocking!question GP123 5 2,652 25-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Last Post: CJ_Derv