Bianca Ratlye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bianca Ratlye
About time you got some progress pics of this up. pretty jealous of your setup really, real nice work Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2013, 11:14 PM)Ruan Wrote: Welcome?!

C2K is like older than 306oc itself!

Cheeky whippersnapper, we all are! Tongue

Thanks for the comments, it's not far off moving it's just that time is scarce since returning home as i've 10 million things to do!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I've got to stop reading this while my Rallye isn't outside....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Haha I've got to stop buying stuff!

Just mounted the oil cooler with the new lines. moving along nicely.
Thanks given by:
Nice where did you mount it? I've got one to fit but not 100% sure on placement
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Must be nice to be working on it again after a break..

(13-02-2013, 01:12 PM)Matt Wrote: Nice where did you mount it? I've got one to fit but not 100% sure on placement

How about on the side of the engine block? Reinforcement to stop rods smashing their way out?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I've stacked them up like so:

[Image: IMAG0587.jpg?raw=1]

Loads of room if you're not supercharged, you can run your lines over the lower water hose around the rad with some 30" long hoses.

I've got a boost pipe running there though so i've gone over to the passenger side as you can see. Just got to put the hoses back on the charger and wait for my threaded collars to finalise the mount to the slam panel and she's good to go. My mate is coming up Sunday to do the fan loom for me by the looks of it so it's almost there.

Very nice to have a bit of time to work on it I must say. Got a mountain of parts to fit to the damn thing, though the clear out of crap from the back of it means I can stash all my mods in there if i need to declutter.

Snowing outside now, glad it's not on the drive!
Thanks given by:
Another productive day. Some collars I was waiting for rocked up in the post, as did my Baker BM solid mount kit from Scott.

Ran the new supercharger oil piping, tightened up the oil cooler spacer plate and fitted an oil filter. Rad back in final, all the water pipes connected and i'm now doing an incontinence test as I don't trust that lower water pipe.

Then if all is well, engine oil into the oil cooler, intercooler back on, fill the engine oil properly then move onto the unicorn sperm Rotrex fluid once i'm satisfied everything else is ok.

So close to finishing now I can taste it.

Should start and run under it's own power tomorrow, I need it to as Trevor is back Saturday morning and he gets the garage. Once it's outside on the drive i'll take the front wheels off, check the suspension, maybe fit my droplinks, gear rods etc and see what happens from there.

Need to do a pre-mot check really, i've never had to put it through an MOT as i've never been here, it came with 12 months originally.
Thanks given by:
GReat mate!!!!

I understand the feeling all to well about being close..... difference is im not close lol!

Hope everything goes well bro!

let us know and shoot some pics/vid
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok so she held her water overnight, (was doing an incontinence test - stupid fecking lower water pipe design) so this morning started with some choice fluids..

[Image: IMAG0595.jpg?raw=1]

Filled up the oil cooler manually, started to wish I hadn't as it was so slow to take the fluid it took like 20 mins. Put the bottle in front of a fan heater to speed it up. :p First time using the oil filler cap on this engine, how very convenient.

Then onto the supercharger circuit. wasn't too much hassle to prime the circuit. I was worried as everyone made out it was a big thing, so I read the destruction manual and followed the course, only i gravity fed the supercharger inlet - you could hear it bubbling away until all of a sudden fluid appeared. It is blue, and smells kinda sweet randomly - it also costs an eyewatering amount, so no spraying it everywhere!

Filled up the pathetic little Rotrex reservoir (how about a visual indicator guys you know?) and then disconnected the injectors. Cranked the car for 30 secs two or three times to extinguish the oil light, checked the levels once again, fired her up. Caught straight away with no issue, ran fine for about 2 or 3 mins and then I shut it off. Then left it for 20 mins to go fetch a fresh can of VPower and topped up the fluids again.

[Image: IMAG0599.jpg?raw=1]

There's still a few bits to do. Fans need wiring in, the intercooler has a snapped bracket so I need to take that to work, the oil cooler lines need to be secured (just waiting on my p clips) and then onto MOT inspection work. Big Grin

Treated it to its first wash of 2013 - it had accrued a layer of dirt even in the garage.
[Image: IMAG0600.jpg?raw=1]

She's very photogenic, but now it's clean I can see all the scratches where my f**knugget of a neighbour had his bins against the car whilst I was away. Sad That's his pile of s**t behind his bin and his broken 307 HDi with fuel pump failure. (his BMW 320d replacement is also away with suspected fuel pump failure, lol)

It's got grubby marks and signs of weathering on it, so a weekend of paint correction is going to be needed sometime. But, she's mobile at last. I needed that, for both my sanity and my garage space! Fine tuning can now follow. Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah good news!!!!!!!

Is the rear getting lowered anytime soon?
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Your strut brace bolts have gone very rusty by the looks of it?

Hopefully see this car some day if you take it along to a meet..
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Yeah they were only chemically blacked, it's worn off whilst I was away. No biggy, I'll go to the nuts and bolts shop some time.

I have a lowered xsara beam with hybrid arb to go on at some point, but it's not vital for mot so it can wait.
Thanks given by:
Spent the day today with my electrician friend wiring in the fans. I wanted the twin Spal fans to operate properly, with twin stage running and a manual override.

Wired up a custom loom, since the rallye only had one fan anyway, and some of the loom had seem better days (dirty crusty wires). All plumbed in, tested and working fine. car is fully working now. Just need to do a precautionary cambelt and other minor miscellaneous jobs, along with my once over inspection. Very happy now, but will be a couple of weeks before she's pounding tarmac as I've got lots on.
Thanks given by:
Impressed by the rate of progress as ever, pretty damn close to being ready now, fair play!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks, Yeah it was somewhat fortuitous that my friend was around yesterday, means the car can look after itself. Just got to mount the relays he's rigged up and then we'll route the manual override through to the cabin later.

I've been off work this past week so have been able to progress well with it.
Thanks given by:
This thing just keeps getting better Big Grin

Hope it all pulls together and you can get on the road ASAP
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Thanks Jonny. The next couple of weeks are going to be tricky now to be honest, i'm going to struggle to devote much time to it as I have got coursework to do for my masters and then another module, plus I have to prep for a meeting at work when i'm back at the start of March. I want to get the car through MOT though because i'm unsure when these stupid new regulations come into force for things such as airbags etc.
Thanks given by:
Managed to get onto it for a few hours this evening, took it up and down the drive a few times, span the steering lock to lock 20 or so times and the notchy steering has sorted itself out, must've had air in the pump - good start.

Backed it into the garage for some rear end attention to the brakes primarily, and the bumper.

Enter the Ratlye
[Image: IMAG0604.jpg?raw=1]

Jacked it up and put it on stands, checked out all my lovely spider webs
[Image: IMAG0605.jpg?raw=1]

Also wanted to check out the load compensator, which to my surprise was rather fluid. Laced it with plus gas and cycled it about 20 times, working even nicer now so onto the brakes.

Started with the bleed nipples. Thankfully both there, though some genius had superglued the nipple covers on so had to cut them off. Cleaned them up with the dremel to allow the plus gas to get in and do its job:
[Image: IMAG0607.jpg?raw=1]

Tapped them 4 or 5 times with a heavy ball pein hammer, and laced them with their first dosings of plus gas for tackling much later on. Moving onto the sliders, they were stuck fast, as expected after 2 years really. Had to resort to my special screwdrivers, perfect size and just the job.
[Image: IMAG0606.jpg?raw=1]

As the brakes were all rusty, and had lashings of threadlock on the caliper carriers, couldn't be bothered to fight so just cheated:
[Image: IMAG0612.jpg?raw=1]
Inlove

Sadly, found a split boot on the drivers side but easy enough to change i guess.
[Image: IMAG0610.jpg?raw=1]

So a productive couple of hours with just a few broken bolts on the bumper (the usual pair) here she is tucked up for the night. Garage ftew, can leave my s**t out and it's super comfy lying on the old bits of carpet, was plenty warm even though the HDi is frozen outside.
[Image: IMAG0611.jpg?raw=1]

Quite a bit I can do all in the same area. Smile
Thanks given by:
Good work!! Must be nice having a garage, miss having one!
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've really appreciated it these past few weeks. I've been doing most of my work in there, Trevor still isn't home so i've seized the opportunity to use the garage for sure. Am slowly catching up with jobs!
Thanks given by:
Spent the afternoon on it today, quite productively. Got the two broken bolts out of the bumper mounts which was quite time consuming in the end.

Whilst the rear carriers were off i treated them to a lick of silver hammerite, preferable to rust colour:
[Image: IMAG0613.jpg?raw=1]

Rather than watch paint dry, i headed back into the garage to sort out the rear hubs. Copious amounts of furious wire brushing and a bit of tapping action saw me with all 4 disc screw threads and a ready-to-go hub.
[Image: IMAG0615.jpg?raw=1]

Car only had two screws in the rear, so made a plan...

To the random bolts tub! every garage should have one:
[Image: IMAG0619.jpg?raw=1]

Found about 12 of the things in the end. Big Grin

Whilst I was there I managed to crack off both of the bleed nipples, which was satisfying. I know I can proceed with a brake fluid change now. Continuing on the brake theme I greased up both sliders, rotated them, pumped them 30 or 40 times til they felt really smooth, then bolted the calipers back on.
[Image: IMAG0616.jpg?raw=1]

Greased up the caliper piston, applying a little WD40 to the boot to allow it to slide rather than knot itself up, then onto the other side. Rinse and repeat.

I pulled off the split boot and raided my brake spares tub as I knew I had a spare piston boot. Wind out the piston and clean it up:
[Image: IMAG0620.jpg?raw=1]

Give it a nice coating of suitable grease:
[Image: IMAG0621.jpg?raw=1]

Add a rather neatly designed seal and voila:
[Image: IMAG0624.jpg?raw=1]

Job jobbed. That's the brakes sorted - once the carriers are dry I shall put them back on and fit the new discs and pads. Smile

Moved onto fitting the replacement bumper, now I had the broken bolts out. The original had a massive crack on the drivers corner on top.
[Image: IMAG0625.jpg?raw=1]

That'll do nicely. Mounted the number plate back on for now as i'll get new ones after the MOT. Fitted the bulb holders that I cleaned up yesterday and job's a good'un, they work. Smile

Brake lines all look healthy, though it looks like i'm going to need to study service box and buy a handful of clips. Don't understand why the previous owner unclipped them all but whatever.

That takes care of today then. Smile
Thanks given by:
the rallye model is very cool, ashame that in portugal doesn't exist that model, your is in the right way, looking well.

those gaz coilovers approve ? i saw on ebay and i want to get ones soon.
Thanks given by:
Yes the coilovers are very good kit. I like them. Smile
Thanks given by:
Coming along nicely buddy.

Fancy helping me out with a front brake upgrade in the coming month? I would get the father in law to help but he's an arse with anything on my car, he thinks I should have bought a Ford. You seem to have plenty of tools!
Thanks given by:
If you can't find the right tool in my garage you're clearly looking for the wrong thing. Tongue

Are you going to fit GTi6 front brakes? That's easy enough, not a problem to do it. Send me a PM nearer the time and i'm sure we can do it one weekend in March/April. Smile
Thanks given by:
Yea just some bigger stoppers, I've found the braking force sometimes a little inadequate when hooning it down a country lane. I've done the upgrade a couple of times before on my own, but that was when I was young and didn't need the car every day, so if it went wrong (like it did) and I got stuck for a couple of days it didn't matter!

I'll let you know. I might paint them a lairy colour yet whilst they are off the car.
Thanks given by:
No worries, we'll see you right.

Headed into Peugeot this morning, ordered all new brake line clips for the rear for about 5 quid. Thankfully my Peugeot dealer is not one for forcing you to order in bulk. Ordered cambelt kit and water pump too, Stan on gti6 owners had offered to help which is good, given he's ex Peugeot tech.

rear calipers are just getting lacquered now. Reminds me the hdi needs redoing!
Thanks given by:
Headed into Peugeot this morning, ordered all new brake line clips for the rear for about 5 quid. Thankfully my Peugeot dealer is not one for forcing you to order in bulk. Ordered cambelt kit and water pump too,

Got a few things done today.

My spoiler had started to look really skanky whilst I was away, so when a cheap P3 spoiler came up the other day I snapped it up for a straight swap. I'll sand this one down and spray it another time, it can go in the loft for now. Here they are side by side.
[Image: IMAG0628.jpg?raw=1]

Much better. Had lacquered the caliper carriers before I'd done this, so got out the new discs and pads and set about spraying the disc bells to keep them looking a little better. On with the new bits then. Another two boxes of Rallye stuff done.
[Image: IMAG0629.jpg?raw=1]

[Image: IMAG0637.jpg?raw=1]

[Image: IMAG0639.jpg?raw=1]

Not looking too shabby. Whilst the rear wheels were off I took the opportunity to do two things. One was to clay the passenger side rear, which didn't really have any shine to it like the other wheels. I'd picked them up from a garage with a spray booth, and he'd stored them on the top of the booth so I can only assume it's ovespray - not sure how well it's worked, time will tell. Failing that i might have to get a little polisher on the dremel. The other was to sort out the fact that his CV boot had obviously exploded whilst running the wheels (my drivers rear), so I spent half an hour scrubbing all the grease off.

Before
[Image: IMAG0630.jpg?raw=1]

After
[Image: IMAG0631.jpg?raw=1]

By the time i'd done that, put the wheels on etc I decided to spin it around and do some work at the front end and prepare for the cambelt next weekend. All I had time for pretty much was to fit the two clutch cable tidies to the subframe which i'd forgotten to do when I put the subframe in.

[Image: IMAG0640.jpg?raw=1]
[Image: IMAG0641.jpg?raw=1]

So i'd had enough at that point, got other stuff to do. Laid out tomorrow jobs though if I get a chance to work on it.
[Image: IMAG0641.jpg?raw=1]

Smile
Thanks given by:
Wheels looks awesome! :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by: