Rear cambelt cover bolt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear cambelt cover bolt
I have noticed my rear cambelt cover shaking like mad at certain revs so I have decided to get the replacement bolt for it. Below is a picture of the bolt:

[Image: P1010001-1.jpg]

Sorry for the terrible picture.

Now, service box implies that this bolt goes into the side:

[Image: Cambeltcover.jpg]

Although my cambelt cover doesn't seem to have a hole for it in the side and I remember from Darren's cambelt change guide he said that a bolt goes into the back. There is only one other type shown on servicebox which doesn't look anything like my cambelt cover so I am sure it's the right one.

So the question is, where does the second bolt on the rear cambelt cover go!?
Thanks given by:
Argos desk Ftw. I have the same one.
Thanks given by:
I dont this thread, are you trying to ask something? Or tell us you swapped a bolt?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
JJ0063 Wrote:Argos desk Ftw. I have the same one.

Haha yeah JJ9963! Yes it was from Argos! I didn't realise they were so distinctive!
There must be more than one desk with holes in it, maybe not then!

Oh and Connor, yes did I forget to put the question in!? Oh silly me! Yes the question is, where does the bolt go! I have done that a few times, put all of the information in the thread and then forgot to put the actual question in! I'll update the original post, thanks!
Thanks given by:
The bolt goes in the back of the engine, like in that pic you posted
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
The diagram shows it going to the side though!
Thanks given by:
No it doesn't, if you can't interpret the picture correctly, then im afraid i cannot help you
Thanks given by:
its a bugger of a place, its down the back on the engine side of the cover. the dashed line shows the side of the cover that you can't see looking at it at the angle shown in the picture. you will need a 10mm 1/4" socket and ratchet
Thanks given by:
Thank you StevieG, I was blind but now I see.
Thanks given by:
thanks. could be an 8mm socket too looking at that pic
Thanks given by:
If you've bought a new bolt and it's the wrong one then PM me your adress and i'll send one when i can. I have loads of those rear bolts kicking about.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
factory extras FTW!!
Thanks given by:
It was the wrong sodding one. Far too short.
Thanks given by:
That's the bolt for the side of the cambelt cover, the actual one is way longer, yeah.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DW8 Timing belt cover / water pump bolt size? jamesgmg 13 4,650 06-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Mighty306