f*cking compbrake top mounts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
f*cking compbrake top mounts
The hole at the bottom is the one you are suposed to elongate, just Ed hasnt done it yet, so you would have just as much hold as an OE

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Nah there isn't much but they're not load bearing they only locate the strut really. I agree though if you look at hot they were installed on my Diablo the 4bolt hole right at the front of the mount was enlarged on the chassis and a bolt put on there. That pretty much covers it... But as o said its not essential, they're pretty well located as is.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed i dont supose you know/could give me the mesurment for bolt center to oposite bolt center , i.e the red line distance in this pic?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I'll do me best measuring them on the car Jamie! will see if I can grab 5mins tomorrow to get the front end up in the air and have a play Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice one Ed your a gent. Just want to figer out exact size difference between mine and yours.if you messure from your top bolt ( one closest to the engine and bolkhead) to the bolt hole that needs adjusting (hole on the T/M its self) that should give me what im looking for i think. Should be able to do this from the top. Big Grin

again cheers dude

Thanks given by:
Right been out and made a template of my strut mounts and I can get 3 holes to line up after drilling and tapping the other holes, only thing is to me the top mount looks pretty much Fooking neutral, no camber or caster

[Image: aqahyjyv.jpg]
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Defo neutral as I can now bolt my brace top over

[Image: 7yge9u5e.jpg]

Any suggestions
Thanks given by:
Err. You're doing it wrong?

but srsly, why you drilled and tapped holes to fit the stock location? turn it to the camber/castor angle you want then. Droll and tap it!!
Thanks given by:
I havnt drilled any new holes just opened the ones up that we're there and tapped them? If you look at the template that's all the holes I have available on the car and to get any castor and camber there is no hole available on the top mount if you get me
Thanks given by:
yeah but that's cause you're trying to make the wrong mounts for your car. Send them back and send them a photo of mine! you'll then be able to ajust them with plenty of different settings...

the only people to have these mounts installed and working are myself and grant, and both of us have ones with holes round the entire perimeter...
Thanks given by:
But does that mean the coilovers have to go back to ghaz how the fook are you supposed to get the top nut off?
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 01:55 PM)Jonny b Wrote: But does that mean the coilovers have to go back to ghaz how the fook are you supposed to get the top nut off?

Good question, isn't there a spainner flat on the underside of the topmount?

tbh for peace of mind id want gaz or Compbrake to disassemble/reassemble them... id get Compbrake to pay postage though for the muckaround...
Thanks given by:
Tbh Iam soo pissed with this right now it's really getting to the stage where Iam just going to f*ck em off and use standard top mounts just get some decent mounts when I can affford fully adjustable ones, lost all faith in compbrake, seen fecking loads of threads about these top mounts, don't seem as if hardly anyone gets any joy from them, apart from you ed ya jammie git lol
Thanks given by:
Send em down to me and il see if i can use them, if so they wont be wasted then lol
Thanks given by:
f*ck that I'll make an eccentric loo roll holder out them and sell it to ed, should double my money then !! He's a sucker for anything eccentric lol
Thanks given by:
lol fair enuf was worth a try!
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 02:29 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Tbh Iam soo pissed with this right now it's really getting to the stage where Iam just going to f*ck em off and use standard top mounts just get some decent mounts when I can affford fully adjustable ones, lost all faith in compbrake, seen fecking loads of threads about these top mounts, don't seem as if hardly anyone gets any joy from them, apart from you ed ya jammie git lol

Sorry Jonny, I'm not stirring but I think it's a bit unfair of you to be ripping into compbrake.

Correct they have sent you the wrong part which is a bit crap. But all you need to do it send the complete units back to them and tell them to fit and return the correct part attached to your coilies. Iain is a top bloke; I had quite a few chats with him prior to ordering mine to make sure I got the correct part, and it's a direct fit. I'm completely confident he will oblige and probably sort out the postage for the hassle if you speak to him about it...

I don't want to sound disrespectful but if you've had those sat at home for months and not sent them back with a letter echoing the above, it's not really compbrake's fault.

Still, don't lose the faith, you've got oem struts atm anyway haven't you? keep those on for the meantime and send the gazs and topmounts to compbrake.
Thanks given by:
Ha ha well where are they then I believe Jamie is still having issues months down the line, just google it
Thanks given by:
Righto guys, just a quick update; I've emailed Iain @ Compbrake, and will be speaking to him by phone tomorrow in regard to the issues people seem to be having.

Jonny & Jamie, YHPM Smile
Thanks given by:
I look forward to seeing him resolve the fact he has sold the wrong part for the 306!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thing is niall the bag they came in has the correct part number on and match the picture on the web site yet dont fit. The issue on their end is bigger than just sending out the wrong part.

And Ed jonny is right in a way i rang Iain 10+ times now and never get any contact back . I always have to ring him. Been told i will call you back ........ And nothing. Been told call back at 4 and ill know. Call back still nothing. Been told should have this sorted by friday...... Nothing.

Iain is a real nice bloke and you had a good experience. But you can see where my frustraion lies.

Thanks given by:
same with every company, some people have good experiences, some dont. Problem seems to be that a lot of people (not just you two by the sounds of it) have been sold the wrong thing. personally that would stop me from shopping with them ever again!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Exactly jamie Iam done with the situation I have made mine able to fit with very minor camber and castor over standard, no where near eds or grants though and I needed new top mounts anyway, so Iam going to just fit em, shame really as I have nowhere near finished my car and compbrake was a company I could have spent a lot of money with,

Iam now done on this matter if mods want to delete thread feel free
Thanks given by:
Well thats the beifit of this thread for our users you are able to make your own mind up. I personally think iv been very
patient giving them the benifit of the doubt. As business isnt straight forward and there is always issues with products. So im waiting to see how this plays out and if any compo is offered before i make my mind up

(09-09-2012, 06:27 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Exactly jamie Iam done with the situation I have made mine able to fit with very minor camber and castor over standard, no where near eds or grants though and I needed new top mounts anyway, so Iam going to just fit em, shame really as I have nowhere near finished my car and compbrake was a company I could have spent a lot of money with,

Iam now done on this matter if mods want to delete thread feel free

I know what your saying bud. It is worth contacting Iain and explaining how frustrated you are with the situaion. Any feed back is good feed back.

Also i think it maybe worth keeping this thread for other thinking of buying. Or haveing the same issue. So they can work out why thet are having issues

Thanks given by:
What a farce, get away could soon mod the chassis leg for some caster and camber in 10 mins with some plate and welder Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:00 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: What a farce, get away could soon mod the chassis leg for some caster and camber in 10 mins with some plate and welder Smile

Not on my 38k shell they couldnt Tongue

Thanks given by:
Lol meh, 38k shell or 238k shell, not much odds in a 306 really other than bodywork, which can always be repaired, everything else bolts on / off these things anyway!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Hello 306'ers,
Jamie i am sitting down today to resolve your top mount issue. Jonny B when did you buy the mounts, and why didnt you call me and explain i do resolve these issues, however, I cannot help if im not informed and ranting on the forum doesnt fix the issue, im here to help , I DONT BITE lol . Call me on 01744 895888.

Iain
Compbrake Motorsport

*** UPDATE ***
After speaking with Ed this issue will be resolved today
Thanks given by:
Here's a picture I took ages ago pissing about with a new lens when Ed was rebuilding the deadablo, shows exactly what Ed has:

Not sure if it helps or not but thought I'd stick it up
Thanks given by:
Thanks for this guys, Jamie in particular, I will now not be making my planned purchase of compbrake top-mounts. Doesn't matter how much of a "top bloke" Ed thinks this Iain chap is, at the end of the day he is being paid to provide a service and it doesn't sound as if he's making a great job of it. To me service is everything, especially when we're talking about performance parts, as there will often be issues that take some solving. It's a real pity you have had to kick off on a public forum to get something done about it.

Best of luck resolving the issue, would appreciate if you let us know how you get on. Hopefully Compbrake will learn something from this experience and i can reconsider in future.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  compbrake quickshift fitting / adjustment zx_volcane 5 1,619 10-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  compbrake adjustable top mounts philip r 5 1,503 25-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
  306 Compbrake Eccentric Top Mounts Eeyore 6 1,437 02-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Eeyore