1988 Ford Sierra £350 open to offers, needs to go!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1988 Ford Sierra £350 open to offers, needs to go!
Details:

He is the second owner from new, and the first was Ford in Treforest, was a demo car!!!!! Has owned this car for around 24 years!!!

- 1988 'E' Reg
- MOT until August 2012 (all it needed for last MOT was a new exhaust)
- Currently on disability road tax so will have no tax when sold
- 152k (which is a lot lower than I thought) but had a new engine at some point a few years back
- 1.8 8v overhead single cam
- Diamond white
- 5 door
- completely original....still has the original Ford wheel trims and tape player/radio!!!!!
- Sunroof
- Grey cloth interior (great condition apart from wear on the drivers bolster)
- Car is fitted with a towbar with all the electrics and has only ever towed a small 3x4 trailer
- All tires are good!

This car is in a great condition for the year, has been garaged every night for the last 21 years, and since the passing of my Nan 13 years ago it has only gone to the shops once a week to do his shopping.

The car will come with LOADS of spares. He's very mechanically minded and has looked after this car very well. Spares (to name but a few):

Engine, gearbox, carbs, exhaust, valves, springs, manifolds, etc etc etc.

BAD POINTS (as every car has):

- One or two little rust spots coming through (but when you consider the car is almost 25 years old it's nothing)
- There is a little bit of blue smoke on startup which we think could be the oil seals starting to perish
- At about 50mph there is a bit of wheel wobble even though the car doesn't pull to either side at all, not a great deal but still noticeable. Whether this is the tracking or just down to the car being older I'm not sure (I suspect maybe the wheels need balancing).
- The back bumper has a bit of damage to the one corner when someone reversed into him in Tescos, which you can just make out in the picture.
- You can also see one of the little rust bubbles on the front wing...still, hardly anything as it's nearly 25 years old!
- Little bit of rust showing on the sills, but still solid
- He has flashed over the arches white paint for some reason, but being an old man, hasn't done a good job lol

Still overall it's really solid!

Drives fine, nice smooth gearbox, brakes fine, clutch fine, exhaust is pretty new. To be honest, there is a lot of sentimental value in this car for him, and I am unsure of the value of these as they vary so much. With all the spares included and many more which I've more than likely forgot.

[Image: grampas1.jpg]
[Image: Grampas2.jpg]

Wants £350ono now as it's taking up space unfortunately. Bargain we feel with all the spares too, and we are very open to offers on the price!!!!

Any serious interest then drop me a PM

Cheers guys!
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
40mm drop and on clones?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Stick it on here mate, someone will have your your hand off for it Wink

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers dude, account "awaiting approval"...lol. Can't do anything on there until it's gone through and cant even see more than 1 page of the for sale section
Thanks given by:
If its not approved by this evening I'll post it for you Smile

I love the cars on there but I don't post much, most people are stuck up and unfriendly and the mods are f*cking nazis!
Thanks given by:
That looks awesome! So much win. I'd have bitten your arm off for it of I hadn't just had the rallyes engine rebuilt. Would have easily had the cash for it. GLWTS mate, sure it will sell quick Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Engine bay is massive so I have been sorely tempted to get a nice motor (2JZ supra or something similar) and have some fun....but just don't have the money lol Sad
Thanks given by:
its got a spare engine!?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 08:05 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: If its not approved by this evening I'll post it for you Smile

I love the cars on there but I don't post much, most people are stuck up and unfriendly and the mods are f*cking nazis!

Posted up now ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Engine swaps are very common on Sierras, I remember a guy at Scarborough cruise years back having a Sapphire Cosworth replica (a bloody great replica too) with a 302 Windsor V8 under the bonnet Big Grin

Seen a couple of CA18DET swaps as well but if you'd rather have a 1.8 turbo than a 5 litre V8, you have no taste...
Thanks given by:
Lol I know I've had so many ideas for it....the engine bag is actually huge, and there are so many possibilities for it. I just have an obsession about getting JZ motor into something ha. Plus it's RWD which helps too
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 02:27 PM)Craig-o Wrote: Lol I know I've had so many ideas for it....the engine bag is actually huge, and there are so many possibilities for it. I just have an obsession about getting JZ motor into something ha. Plus it's RWD which helps too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSc8cJDs7kw
Thanks given by:
I see your V8 Sierra and raise you a 2JZ Sierra Tongue

Thanks given by:
I reject your argument as codswallop! Remember the famous theory put forward by Einstein:

V8 rumble > Everything in the world ever except clean, wet, shaven pussy

This tells us that your Sierra with the japcrap engine is weak Wink
Thanks given by:
v8s......getting low power from large capacities since 1914
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 07:20 PM)Craig-o Wrote: v8s......getting low power from large capacities since 1914

Wrong. King of the muscle cars here, Chevy Chevelle SS 454...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YjdAnzpo...re=related

470bhp and 500 ft lbs in 1970. What were the Japanese doing then? And think what you could do with the LS6 454 engine if you spend what people spend on the Japanese engines?

Cubes > Boost
Thanks given by:
That black one is evill!
[Image: 5dd0e8e7-1.jpg]
Blaze XUD Dturbo
Soon To Be Stage 2..
Thanks given by:
Going going gone, you say?

Inlove

Jap crap FTW
Thanks given by:
Can't argue with the pace or sound of this though Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMMlkTcRM...re=related

Supercharged V8...
Thanks given by:
To be fair, that does sound quite nice.....BUT we could do this aaaaaaaaall night lol:

and a 0-200+ dyno run:

lol

we shall have to agree to disagree TongueP
Thanks given by:
We'll have to...

You're still wrong though lol
Thanks given by:
Right guys, sale fell through so car is being scrapped now unless someone wants to pick it up asap for scrap value
Thanks given by:
Car's gone now, got £110 for the shell and £140 for all the spares and stuff weighed in, so £250 in all....shame, but as said....it had to go!
Thanks given by:
craig you scrapped it!! id have ebayed it again pal as one of the saph cossie boys would have used that to reshell!
Thanks given by:
Real shame Sad

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Yeah my mother was doing my head in moaning about it being outside the house all the time, and last time it was on Ebay it was on £39 with 1 watcher and just over a day left so had to pull the plug on that....just couldnt get a decent price for it from Ebay Sad

I'm gutted too but it had to go Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 306 2.0 xsi £300 open to offers gurj306 0 1,107 24-08-2016, 05:07 PM
Last Post: gurj306
  306 hdi estate OPEN TO OFFERS bashbarnard 23 6,418 14-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  FOR SALE: 206 1.9 NAD MOT till JULY 2015. Open to offers Piggy 2 1,061 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Piggy