A phase 1 Rallye???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A phase 1 Rallye???
Question 
I saw parked up today a P plate white ph1 with rallye stickers on the doors and bonnet. Initially I laughed as I figured it's probably a NAD or a 1.4 or something, but out of interest I jotted the numberplate down and checked on the DVLA site to see what it came up as when I got home......and sure enough it came up as a 1996 2.0 16v Rallye :blink:

Am I being a tool thinking they did not make ph1 Rallyes???
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's odd...What was the plate?

Rallyes were usually parts bin specials and were a good mix of p2/3 parts (no lip on the boot but with the rubber seal around the windscreen, phase 3 bonnet with phase 2 lights and fogs, etc.).

Only thing I can think of really is that it's had an engine change and when they sent off the form to the DVLA they put that down? Undecided
Thanks given by:
Strange! Lol they were only made really in 1999 on an S/T mostly
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cant find the bit of paper it was jotted down on....was P19* *LB or something along those lines. Odd though
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I thought they are only ph 2/3 :S

phase 1 rallye would be win though
Thanks given by:
Phase 1 6's are lighter than Rallye's anyway Big Grin
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Phase 1 rallye Confused never seen one mayb it was the first one of the line out of the rallyes hence it being phase1
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 06:17 PM)Pete Wrote: Phase 1 6's are lighter than Rallye's anyway Big Grin

So a ph1 rallye would weigh the same as a packet of crisps and a jammy dodger
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Maybe it is a special peugeot prototype of the rallye.
Thanks given by:
The only thing I can think of is it MAY of been Ph1 converted from a Ph2/3 and then a privat plate on a P reg.
Thanks given by:
I'd love to get a bianca white Rallye and stick a phase 1 front end on it Big Grin
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Tbh I think ^^ is the most likely! Would be awesome if it was genuine though..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think craig needs to get off his arse find this machine take lots of pictures of it.

Then slap a 306oc.co.uk sticker in bright pink on his window.
So when he comes online calling us puffs and charging us to remove the pink sticker in his driving view we can say dude is your car genuin phase 1 and will you donate it to Kentiiboii Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by: