Stay Strong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stay Strong
Since we have a few people on here into extreme sports and whatnot, I thought I'd post this up.

Just over 5 years ago on the Dew Tour, Stephen Murray (a bmx rider) was going for gold in his final run, and had a really bad crash attempting a double backflip. He'd done them many times before in competition, but half way around the second rotation he came off, landing on his neck, paralyising him from the neck down. Stephen is from the UK and is someone that I grew up riding with (well, at the same tracks/competitions) as I'm sure he did with Dum-Dum, so seeing this hit home quite hard, but also across the entire bmx community and other sports involved in the X-Games and Gravity games.

I thought some of you might be interested in watching this interview with him from a week or so ago.

http://bmxtalk.com/blog/stephen-murray-f...rview.html

Stay Strong.
Thanks given by:
Pretty awesome guy tbh. New of him Being local etc.
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Amazing guy with a brilliant attitude and mindset.

One point he makes is so true, we take risks everyday, whenever you walk down the pavement and have cars driving past you etc. Really makes you think - your whole life can change so dramatically in just a split second, and sometimes it can be down to stuff which is just out of your control.

I dont know if anybody else saw it or if its available to view online (4od maybe?) but there was a program on channel 4 a couple nights ago which was about Danny McAskill and he was looking into what makes people want to do dangerous sports/things, how adrenaline affects us etc, really good watch if you have a spare hour.
Thanks given by:
Fair play.
Tbh you can always take it too far and think "oh if I do this, this might happen" but you will never know till you do it.
Can live a safe life by not doing enjoyable things like he used to do but where's the fun in that! It's all about living life by the day as it comes!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Dan I watched that after you put the status on fb.

All I can say is f*ck slack lining! That shit was scary!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 10:07 PM)Matt Wrote: Dan I watched that after you put the status on fb.

All I can say is f*ck slack lining! That shit was scary!

hehe, you mean the high lining bit, the slack lining a few feet off the ground is OK, its the high lining between mountains in the snow that would get me! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should it stay or should it go? Pughawk 14 3,390 15-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Pughawk
  Cheap Strong Metal Shelving Toms306 14 3,692 12-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  places to stay near thorpe park? kernow_joe 8 2,624 18-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo