Decisions. G.I poss breaking my silver 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decisions. G.I poss breaking my silver 6
I have been having thoughts the last few weeks do i carry on rebuilding the 6? or do i break her and buy a rallye? Inlove

Project thread
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-2885.html

What would you do Confused

And are these prices about rite?

Magnex stainless cat back exhaust inc origional reciept £170
Purple Mask depo phase3 lights still open need sealing back up £40
Phase 2 lights £20
Side skirts inc rubbers £40
Wings £25
Rear bumper £40
Phase 2/3 rear lights tinted black £40
Phase gti bumper inc standard fogs £80
Phase 3 fogs £20
Doors compleate - door cards £50
Bonnet + badge £45
Tailgate - spoiler£40
Phase 2 spoiler £15
Slam panel £10
Clear side reps £5
Phase 3 rubs diablo i think they are £40
Phase 3 spoiler £30
Seats inc door cards £100
Boot trim £20
Solid Bottom mount already pressed to bracket and top engine mount bbm £70
Gti6 Engine 6 speed box new clutch plate inc ecu key chip and loom  55k ready to drop in a car £400
Cyclones Tyres dead powder coated grey £100
Single Cyclone £30
Single Cyclone 2 £20
Gti brakes inc green stuff pads and ebc grooved disks £120
Goodrich braided break lines new£40
Silver centre console inc vents and switches £20
Compleate Beam inc compensator calipers and discs £80 slight camber on drivers side
Standard air box with all pipes £35
K&n for standard air box £15
battery box with battery and ecu lid £25
Gti6 engine suspected head gasket gone inc pas pump alternator starter air con pump few sensors missing Exc £100
Gti front arb £30
Steering rack compleate with pas pipe needs a gator good working condition tho £25
Gti front subframe £20
Hubs i have 5 £20 each
Drive shafts £20
Thanks given by:
Mmm, tough choice Smile I would get a rallye with how rare they are becoming. Depends if you like your comforts?
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im not to fussed when it comes to electrics exc think i may price up all the parts i have and see what i would make off her towards a rallye Smile would have to be a white or black one tho i think Smile
Thanks given by:
Updated with few prices are these about rite??
Thanks given by:
tough one mate. id make you an offer on the good engine if you did decide to break ninja

id say get a rallye tho. (and thats not just cuz i want the engine lol)
rarer, more desirable etc etc
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Pm me what you would offer mate and what you would want with it Smile its as in my project thread but has 6 speed box with new clutch plate fitted Now Smile
Thanks given by:
Think I would keep the 6 tbh it looks like you have put your stamp on there and made it how you want it
You would have to start all over again

As for prices I'd tot it up then work out 50-75% of that and that's what you may get. No one ever gets what they want what with haggling and not selling it all :-)
2P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate i think most parts will probly go on ebay if i decide to break to sell them quick Smile

Im 50/50 as what to do realy fancy a white or black rallye Big Grin
Thanks given by:
White and black wallyes are epic. Just look at Maria's white wallye or gunges black wallye to see the awesomeness.
I think you already have your mind made up what with this thread and so on
Go get your wallye! :-)
Thanks given by:
Black and white cars are a bitch to keep clean - I've had white and now have black lol
Oh and if you do go for white(only colour SRowell will buy as he doesn't like black apparently :flol: ) panels and door handles are a bitch to get hold of Sad
Thanks given by:
Im so undecided i spent alot of time money and effort on the 6 but been looking at the rallyes for sale found a few nice ones aswell Smile

Andy i know where there is a white hdi estate sat there going green trying to buy iy to break still at the mo Smile
Thanks given by:
Ash... black are too :-( been looking for ph3 stuff for mine but the one time I got an offer I had no money :-(
Thanks given by:
Just whip the aircon pump off and change the window motors. You then have a rallye. Simplez
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
I did plan fot the a/c to go any way but it still wont be a rallye lol Smile
Thanks given by:
nah, as you have just bought a replacement engine for it and making a start on modding the car. in away you have wasted your time. plus if these GTI6s keep getting turned into tins of beans, there wont be any left for them to become retro classics.
Thanks given by:
True abit like the 205 gtis not to many of them left now Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2012, 09:52 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: True abit like the 205 gtis not to many of them left now Smile

yeah so get this one finshed and up to your spec and have some fun! Smile
Thanks given by:
Had my eyes on this one aswell Smile

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewite...1638721613
Thanks given by:
Onyx black is nowhere near as rare in 3dr as most black 6's are onyx loads of black 3dr dtubs are too - white was much less popular in any 3dr model

(01-07-2012, 09:37 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: Im so undecided i spent alot of time money and effort on the 6 but been looking at the rallyes for sale found a few nice ones aswell Smile

Andy i know where there is a white hdi estate sat there going green trying to buy iy to break still at the mo Smile

Well I can sell the white front door handles tomorrow
Thanks given by:
White door handles? Me me me!

Rallyes are sweet! Love mine. Everyone's getting them atm lol. I'd definatley get a cherry! Too many black and white ones about at the moment Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt I already got the door handle for you yesterday Smile
Thanks given by:
He said handles. That was plural. Maybe he has two ninja

Well I can only hope. Also what side was it? Totally forgot
Thanks given by:
Matt the car im trying to get is a white x reg hdi estate its been sat since 2008 will be breaking it if i do get her strugaling to find out who ownes the car as its parked on private land next to aload of flats and garages but the landlord wont give me the owners information Sad
Thanks given by:
DVLA? Or leave a note on the windscreen? Lol
Thanks given by:
Personally I'd stick with the '6............I'm sure a rallye is awesome on track.......but as a daily, I'd rather have comfortable half leathers and lots of electrics.
Thanks given by:
Rallye seats are more comfortable than the half leathers, plus unless your aircon actually works (which I doubt it does) the only thing that's different is the windows. Which tbh doesn't make a difference
Thanks given by:
Will dvla tell me who ownes it and a address tho?

I find half leathers less comfy in the summer aswell Smile
Thanks given by:
You can apply to them for the details of the owner providing you have a valid reason. Think yours may be valid as it does seem like its been dumped.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2012, 09:48 AM)Matt Wrote: Rallye seats are more comfortable than the half leathers, plus unless your aircon actually works (which I doubt it does) the only thing that's different is the windows. Which tbh doesn't make a difference

I had pov spec rallye seats in my 1.4 miami...that car was basically a rallye......but with a tu engine lol. Was probably the second most uncomfatable seats I've ever had.....the most uncomfaortable are the pov spec bus seats in my 106 so far lol.

Plus...the AC has worked in all of my 306s. Tongue

And winding windows are a pita too.....so much effort when you could just have a one touch button. Wink

But unfortunately I dont learn from my mistakes.........I swapped my pov spec 306 for a meridian becasue I like toys, I swapped my pov spec golf for a top spec one because I like toys, and then I bought a pov spec 106....and wished I'd bought one with more toys. lmao
Thanks given by:
Tom they couldn't of been proper rallye seats. My 106 rallye seats were absolutely epic!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  307 problem - poss DMF? cwspellowe 6 1,696 15-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Last Post: rd070707
  Decisions... InkedMuttley 32 7,712 23-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Joe
  Cheapish GTi6 K&N Panel Filters £31.62 (poss others too) bongo 3 1,569 19-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Last Post: C.A.R.