cabby exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cabby exhaust
hey guys been looking for a S/S exhaust for the cabby but cant seem to find anything off the shelf :/
also been thinking about getting one made up at longlife but there reviews don't look good.
have you guys got any ideas on where i can buy on or have one made up?
thanks
.ant. btw its dum dums old china cab Smile
Thanks given by:
go to longlife, those reviews were wrong haha
or powerflow Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Long life are ok then? What's there finance like?
Thanks given by:
Go for longlife top quality I have got a longlife on my 6 been on there over a year now and still like new , unlike powerflow crap which rusts . Check out YouTube styledynamics you'l see a video of my 6 with powerflow rusty crap and bad welding then the longlife quality .stainless steel don't rust powerflow does it is actually mild steel mix
Thanks given by:
Another good review from me for longlife (carshalton). Did a epic job of mine (which is for sale....could buy it and have them modify it to fit?). Did a great job of the build and fitting and the sound is great.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
el sid Wrote:Go for longlife top quality I have got a longlife on my 6 been on there over a year now and still like new , unlike powerflow crap which rusts . Check out YouTube styledynamics you'l see a video of my 6 with powerflow rusty crap and bad welding then the longlife quality .stainless steel don't rust powerflow does it is actually mild steel mix

Is yours the white one with duel exits?
And also what are they like sound wise I want a nice sound not chavy haha
Thanks given by:
ant2390 Wrote:
el sid Wrote:Go for longlife top quality I have got a longlife on my 6 been on there over a year now and still like new , unlike powerflow crap which rusts . Check out YouTube styledynamics you'l see a video of my 6 with powerflow rusty crap and bad welding then the longlife quality .stainless steel don't rust powerflow does it is actually mild steel mix

Is yours the white one with duel exits?
And also what are they like sound wise I want a nice sound not chavy haha

Yeah that's Sids one. Lovely car
His is quite loud. Mine wasn't quite as loud but they both sound quite similar. Very throaty on acceleration. Do sound good!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Also Niall what is ur exhaust on ATM? And how much modding would. It take?
Thanks given by:
Any vids?
Thanks given by:
Depends. Is your cab a 2.0 xsi? If so, all they will need to do is extend it in the middle slightly (will confirm this later).
I'm after 275. Its 6 months old and cost me a shade under £500 new. Will get the lifetime warranty transfered to you if you buy it.

[Image: 692d224e.jpg]

3" tip that fits the bumper cut out perfectly. Also have a 2.5 that they could weld on if you wanted

[Image: bef6db2a.jpg]

Only reason I'm getting rid is because I want to do something a bit different (dual exit) later in the year.
Any more info let me know Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ant2390 Wrote:Any vids?

No. Sorry mate Sad
If your at fcs, have a listen to sids. His is very similar. Or I'll get a video of his.

Also, when I was going to get it fitted to my gti, they quoted me 40 to mod the downpipe to fit it so I'm sure that's the sort of figure you are looking at to fit it to your car.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeh it's 2.0 xsi cab, as far as I can see the whole exhaust is different :/ mite have to give them a ring and see what they say, how come it cost that much in the first place?
Thanks given by:
It's a complete system from the manifold back. Most only get cat backs.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ahhh I just seen the cat in the pic, is it a sports cat? And I have a 6' Mani to fit but will the standard xsi cat fit the 6 mani?
Thanks given by:
It's a standard cat but it's not a poor quality one. I had a new cat on my car but cheap ones sound crap so had them fit me a new standard.
The standard cat doesn't fit the gti mani. You would need to shorten the down pipe by a few inches as the gti mani comes down the exhaust tunnel a bit more.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ahhh ok then this is gona be a ball ache then!
Thanks given by:
Fitting a gti mani is practically a engine out job unfortunately Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Might forget about the mani for now then, will give longlife a call tomorrow, witch one did you use?
Thanks given by:
Carshalton, surrey
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'm in Derbyshire so will find out where is local to me Smile
Thanks given by:
the brackets on the the cab back box are also different to the hatchback
Thanks given by:
Really? I had a cabby back box on mine and they were the same?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 08:48 PM)Matt Wrote: Really? I had a cabby back box on mine and they were the same?

If I had known that! Mate just scrapped a cabby back box. Original pug almost new :/
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by: