FCS weather - prepare for a wet one!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCS weather - prepare for a wet one!
Just for those of you camping and at the show - remember your wellies!!!

BBC

[Image: U0wJx.png]

I for one am going to sleep in the car - with a newly found space and a lovely perched rear bench acting as a perfect headrest lol

I'll bring a tent also, just incase
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Tents coming. If it pisses it down, sleeping in the car ftw. Might take the sub etc out, so can fold the seats down and have a bed haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Premier inn FTW!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Not gonna make for fun track time is it :/ might sell my track time
Thanks given by:
I'm seriously considering a hotel if it pisses down. Don't want to be waking up in a flooded tent!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:I'm seriously considering a hotel if it pisses down. Don't want to be waking up in a flooded tent!

Tis all part of the fun!
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:I'm seriously considering a hotel if it pisses down. Don't want to be waking up in a flooded tent!

You know you wanna let us in on that discount you get Wink
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Kimmie Wrote:

I was going to text you about that after seeing your comment on FB then realised I don't have your number.
Will check what discounts are on at the moment and get back. Might be able to book for a few people if they hurry up.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
Kimmie Wrote:

I was going to text you about that after seeing your comment on FB then realised I don't have your number.
Will check what discounts are on at the moment and get back. Might be able to book for a few people if they hurry up.

Share the love. You have my number Tongue
Thanks given by:
booked Hotel back before christmas Tongue

and you called me a wooooooos

ha ha MTFU your all soft tarts!

Holiday Inn east midlands airport for a piss up now then!?
Thanks given by:
Right then

I get a discount via work that entitles me to either 35% off a night or 2 night for the price of 1 at holiday inn and holiday inn express.

I've looked on there site and there is 2 options.
1. 2.5 miles from donnington - holiday in express east midlands airport- £83.99 a night (with 35% off)
2. 10.8 miles from donnington - holiday inn express - £33.50 a night (with 35% off)

I'm happy to offer this to everyone on here but I'm not just going to chuck the link up so anyone can come and book it. If you want to book the hotel, PM me and I will send you the web address to book. Please don't pass it on!
Also, I'm not going to give it to people who have signed up just toask for the discount!

Personally, I will be staying at the one that is 10 miles away.

Prices are based on a non smoking twin room and that's price per room, not per person so works out cheap if your happy to share with a mate!

Oh and you get a free breakfast Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
you wont get a free breakfast cause the kitchen dont open till 7.30 like the FCS gates
had to miss my breaky last year cause of this

also i believe you have to pay for parking at the airport £4 says on my email from them
Thanks given by:
You should be able to arrange a take-away box in that case? Ring them and ask, it might just be a muffin and some fruit, but that way you get something!
Thanks given by:
cully Wrote:you wont get a free breakfast cause the kitchen dont open till 7.30 like the FCS gates
had to miss my breaky last year cause of this

Ah fair enough. Ah well!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Do you have to pay upfront? Cuz I'm tempted but I really wanna camp. Think using the hotel as a failsafe?
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Do you have to pay upfront? Cuz I'm tempted but I really wanna camp. Think using the hotel as a failsafe?

You have to pay when you book. You could book it at the campsite but obviously the closer you leave it, the less chance there is of there being space.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
That's what I'm thinking. Depends, if alot are camping I'd do that, but tbh I wanna go where most are going, mainly for the piss up Smile
Thanks given by:
sleeping in the car FTW!

man up lads!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:That's what I'm thinking. Depends, if alot are camping I'd do that, but tbh I wanna go where most are going, mainly for the piss up Smile

Same here. Think I would rather have a good nights sleep though so I enjoy the show and have a good drive home
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
f*ck it,

Who's gunna camp an who's gunna get the hotel?

I don't mind either tbf, just like to see where everyone I going.
Thanks given by:
This is our dilemma too Sad

Right, INFORMATION.

Holiday Inn Express- I spoke to reception and they said that most of the time, the continental breakfast (i.e cereals, tea and coffee, rolls) will be put out way before 7am. He couldn't guarantee it, but I guess if you mention when booking and when checking in, they should be able to arrange. From working in a hotel myself, our night porters used to arrange this all the time so it should be simple to get them to do. If not, kick up Smile

Camp site- I've spoken to the owner about the current state of the campsite, and she said that it appears to be drying out nicely and the rain has temporarily stopped. I'll be calling again Thursday also to check.
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
Matt Wrote:That's what I'm thinking. Depends, if alot are camping I'd do that, but tbh I wanna go where most are going, mainly for the piss up Smile

Same here. Think I would rather have a good nights sleep though so I enjoy the show and have a good drive home

Maybe get a list of us for hotel then?

1.matt
2. Niall

A good nights sleep sounds a winner, plus are you going up Friday or Saturday?
Thanks given by:
camping sleep with a snorkle!
hotel sleep with a straw in the whisky

Maybe get a list of us for hotel then?

1.matt
2. Niall
3 Cully defo Hotel has been all along east midlands airport holiday inn
Thanks given by:
Matt MTFU
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Put a post up regarding hotel booking to make things easier.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I want to MTFU but the misses won't sleep in the car if it gets shit. An tbh f*ck camping if it's still raining. Will wait till thursday and judge the wetness lol
Thanks given by:
Blow bed in the back of a 306 is so win, nice and toasty!
Thanks given by:
FYI - if you stay at the Holiday Inn at the Airport, that's where all the PFC magazine staff are staying.

Drop me a PM if you want my mobile number to meet up for a few beers.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
oh dear...

you lot = faggots

we live in england and you're scared to sleep in tent in light rain for 1 weekend?! lol if you can pitch a tent properly then you wont even get wet while sleeping. if you end up in a hotel then you are either a major wetty or well under the thumb. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yeah c'mon lads and ladies... camping is ALL ABOUT getting out in the outdoors, where it's likely to rain. Don't be pussies.

I'll also bring a normal sized gazeebo that people can congregate under, should it rain.

Are you all seriously going to boycot camping based on a weather report that we all know is never bloody correct?
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by: