central locking bypass auto unlocking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
central locking bypass auto unlocking
Just been given a 1999 306 1.8 16v GLX hatchback but it has a problem with broken wires at the door hinges resulting in the central locking bouncing. I've seen on a number of sites that you can bypass the auto unlock feature but I'm not sure which wires I need to bridge.

The posts that I've seen are for a GTI which seems to have a different control unit with different connectors and wiring colours. The controller unit which I have located under the clock on the centre console is a CPH08 by Texton and the black connector block has 15 pins. 

Anyone know which pins I need to bridge or what colour the wires are. Cheers, Andy
Thanks given by:
I don't personally I'm afraid Andy as have never owned a phase 3. I think you're right though that the box behind the dash is a combined security and central locking module. A separate central locking module was used on ph 1's & 2's.

I can only suggest you see if you can find the appropriate wiring diagrams on Autodata or similar. If you're friendly with a local mechanic they might look it up for you. Otherwise you can sign up for a 1 month trial. I talked about how to do that & the importance of cancelling before the month is up here Petrol to diesel (306oc.co.uk)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 1,990 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,525 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Remote central locking reprogram stranter 2 1,910 23-06-2019, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Toms306