2002 306 Meridian Estate 1.6i Automatic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 306 Meridian Estate 1.6i Automatic
Hi all,

Looking to move on from my ten year ownership of this 2002 Meridian, 115.000 mile petrol 1.6i TU5JP Automatic. You can find many different photographs of it, including the kind of work that has been done over at my Project thread:

https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=34314

Over the last couple of years it's had work performed on it by Pug1Off in Brackley including all the suspension, rear axle refurbishment and also a new head gasket recently plus everything you see in the above thread has been done on it.

Reason for sale:
It was a genuine bit of fun and a hobby to have it lowered, parts replaced, detailing it, keeping it clean etc etc. Now I have a new car and I honestly do not wish to invest any more money in to this, it is becoming a bit of a money pit that I personally no longer want. The Heater Matrix has now perished at 115,000 miles and has soiled the front carpets, I have no way of drying the car out in the middle of winter and it's now sat on the street since I purchased a different car a few months back.

I've fitted a bypass hose to the end of the matrix connector under the bonnet, this way the coolant system can be pressurized and car driven. The car is due an Mot and I would ideally like this gone before April when the Insurance is up.

Bad Bits / Main things of concern:
  • Heater Matrix needs replacing / No cabin heater
  • The exhaust manifold (TU5JP engine) has a hairline crack and leaks exhaust fumes. This has never been picked up on Mot's but has been like it for some time
  • Central Locking no longer works correctly
  • Quite a bumpy ride with Bilstein B6's on it. Not my cup of tea anymore
What do I want for it?
I do not have a particular amount to mind, I am mainly looking to part ways with it so a token amount from a fellow board member would suffice. I understand that a lot has been spent on it and I am certainly not expecting to make any of it back! If you're interested, feel free to make an offer.

Where is it?
Lets just say I'm around the M25 Junction 9 area, Leatherhead/London etc.

Anyway, all the best and thanks for reading! Any questions just shout!

Nexus
Thanks given by:
Hi Nex. Looking back I'd forgotten how much love you gave this car. It all looks pretty free of rust so hopefully someone with a bit of enthusiasm for sorting out a few mechanical issues will bag themselves a bargain. Good luck with finding a buyer. Cheers.
Thanks given by:
Wrong end of the country & utterly skint ATM Sad This would be a 100% definite aside from those two small details, dammit.

Someone has to save this car though, it's far too nice. Good luck with the sale, and to whomever ends up with the car you better look after her!
Thanks given by:
Hey everyone. This is still available by the way.

Unfortunately it has been sitting with a leak from the heater motor in to the footwell and currently has mould in the footwells. I will be looking to clean this up and see about sealing the leak as I believe it has been caused by a broken pipe on the bottom of the heater motor housing on the passenger side, underneath the glovebox.

I AM seeking someone to take this off me, if you are looking for a project or spare parts. By this I mean you are welcome to take it away for a token amount, £400-500 etc. Lets just say its looking a little tatty around the edges these days as its not my primary car anymore.

(Personal plate will not included)

Kind Regards, Nex
Thanks given by:
This still needs to go. I may be looking at letting this go for free if you can take it away yourself. Bilstein B6, 21mm front ARB, longlife stainless exhaust, rear axle refurbished, head gasket and belts done last year. 115k miles.

As previously, no heater or a/c as heater matrix needs changing (I have fitted a bypass hose so the car runs).

Had a go at clearing all the water channels under the front wipers, patched it up but still lots of moisture in the car (damp/mouldy carpet)

If you are interested let me know.
Thanks given by:
Just to confirm this drives all fine and technically just nees the heat matrix doing?
306 Rallye giving people a surprise because they think shes a 1.6 ;-) Silly people
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2022, 04:17 PM)hovis16 Wrote: Just to confirm this drives all fine and technically just nees the heat matrix doing?

Hi Hovis,

Sorry for the late reply as I didn't have notifications enabled. Everything is fine with it up until the point that here was an issue whereby the engine would splutter and stall. I'm assuming this was an airlock in the system caused by the coolant escaping through the matrix.

I disconnected the heater matrix and fitted a bypass hose, re-bled it and this appears to have sorted the stalling. I also fitted a new radiator cap in case that was faulty. The stalling no longer appears to happen and coolant level is stable.

I've cleaned out the drain holes underneath the wiper arms, I think some water was overflowing into the heater fan and down on to the footwells. I'm wondering if the soggy carpets were a mix of heater matrix leak -and- clogged drains.

At this point, I don't really have the inclination to get to the bottom of it. It's due an MOT in two weeks which I'm confident with. If you'd like to drop by and take a look your more than welcome, no obligation! Insurance expires in April 2022 so ideally its got until then.

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: £400 ONO Peugeot 306 Cabriolet 16V 2002 florence.d 1 1,691 09-03-2021, 07:08 PM
Last Post: CBrowncab2001
  FOR SALE: £400 ONO Peugeot 306 Cabriolet 16V 2002 florence.d 0 1,160 24-02-2021, 04:57 PM
Last Post: florence.d
  FOR SALE: 2002 206 1.4HDi 5 door ekjdm14 0 1,039 18-01-2021, 05:43 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14