New Member saying hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member saying hello
Hi,

Firstly apologies as I am not a 306 owner however I am a owner of a XUD9 TD which i have fitted into a Suzuki Jimny. My reason for joining this forum is to learn more about this great engine and to get some assistance with a number of niggles I am having. In return I will offer any help I can.

The engine I have wasn't pulled form an old 306 or even a Peugeot. It was an engine that Suzuki had used to marry up with a Suzuki SJ gearbox and put into a Suzuki Samurai. I retrieved it when this vehicle was in an accident and written off.

Since then I have rebuilt the top of the engine and replaced the pistons, here was the first difference I noticed from a stock XUD. the pistons I had have a cut away in the skirt. I can only assume this is to increase the oil splash on the cylinders as the engine is now in line rather than a transverse set up. I had to send the pistons away to be modified as I was unable to find anything off the shelf.

externally the engine doesn't have any of the cold start links to the cooling system which I think is a bit of a shame as there appears to be a number of electric connectors going to waste in the housing I'm guessing where the thermostat is housed. It looks like some sort of cap is missing from mine but I might be wrong.

It had the Lucas pump fitted which I now have changed for a Bosch pump which in turn allowed me to connect the vacuum pipe from the turbo to the diaphragm which was originally blanked off. I have also fitted Bosch injectors as I believe these operate at a higher PSI and match the pump better.

That all said I am having a lot of issues with starting and the engine cutting out. I think it might be air in the system but I am struggling to find the cause.

I would also like to check whether my pump and injectors are actually compatible with this engine so any part numbers would be appreciated.

I am situated in Sheffield

Anyway that's who I am and why I'm here. I look forward to speaking with some of you over time.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club. I'm not very familiar with the 306 diesel engines unfortunately but hopefully someone will be along to help you out at some point. Cheers.
Thanks given by: