What turbo?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What turbo?
Big Grin 
Hi all,

My HDi's turbo has a *slight* oil leak and I'm looking to replace the turbo cartridge/core.
However, I see some conflicting information online and in the Haynes manual as some say it's a garett and some say it's a K3. Servicebox isn't really any help either.

Does anyone know if there were actually different kinds of turbo's fitted to the HDi or if they're all K3's? I'd hate to order the wrong cartridge and have to send it back as most seem to be from the UK or Germany and I'm in the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Some are GT15, some are KKK K03s, you can tell by the actuator, but it's random which it'll have.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
So basically you won't know until you're able to dig it out of the engine bay. That's kind of..... inconvenient. Sad

Edit: so what's the actual difference? Am I correct in assuming that the K03 has a hose connected to the actuator and the G15 does not?
Thanks given by:
So, HDi actually uses K03s? I thought that it's K03. Which one is better? K03s or GT15?
Thanks given by:
I finally got around to taking a picture of the turbo to try and identify it.
I'm guessing this would be a KKK K03s then (see below picture)?
I'd like to be sure before ordering and taking everything apart as shipping will take quite a while

Thanks given by: