The Naked Rallye with Blue Steels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Naked Rallye with Blue Steels
At the conclusion of our roadtrip it became apparent that my brakes were about done. After consulting with my amigos I picked up some standard sized GTi6 Brembo discs, £35 from Euro car parts for the pair which I was quite happy with. Paired with some Ferodo DS2500s, HEL Braided Hoses and Motul DOT 5.1 brake fluid. I then took the opportunity for brand new standard discs and pads on the rear.

To say this has transformed the car is an under statement!

Really happy with the car now. Post roadtrip it's developed a few new trim rattles that I'll work on during off-season, and I'm gonna try and source a Mocal Oil Cooler, and upgrade to a Spal 12" slimline fan (Hopefully with a control switch somewhere in the cab... really I lack an A/C button!). Will probably update my coolant at the same time (Any recommendations for best performing engine coolant?)

These aren't exactly big ticket items but I'm really pleased with how the car feels and drives at the minute. If there's money burning a whole I'll potentially look to a Quaife Diff, if one comes up cheap second hand, and maybe a set of cams.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
::: ANNUAL SHOW WRITE UP :::

So in their infinite wisdom FCS and Pugfest were only 6 days apart. The result? The worst turnout at an FCS I've seen in years, the Renault contingent was as strong as ever at the latter but pretty much all the Peugeot clubs had a poor turnout; with the exception of the 208 OC who had a great turnout!

So PugFest was again the best show of the year. The camping attendance was lower than last year, but as always it's the quality that matters. For the show itself the attendance was much better, pretty much everyone turned up for the day. Unfortunately it fell on a Sunday I needed to be home for a family do so ended up leaving at 15:00, so apologies to everyone I didn't manage to make enough time for... dum, mattrallye, etc. I'll catch up with you guys when I can. Y'all should come to the Xmas do!

The show was the usual affair, our club was AGAIN, shoved out in the car park (Which was extremely full this year) whilst the top of the field (AKA: "Inside the show itself") was pretty much empty. I know we have the capability to turnout quite a few cars but, personally, I think we've done our time out in the car park!

[Image: GQDGcs.jpg]

Bought quite a few hill runs this time just to wear in the new brakes. Well chuffed with my first three runs (On my own), perfect launches etc. But as soon as I had passengers my launches were awful! Didn't do any official timing or anything but a couple of runs felt genuinely quick. Managed to get the back stepping out on the first hairpin, which was the most fun I'd had since Switzerland! Joe, of 205 Trio fame, did manage to get a couple of pics and vids of my last few runs which I'll pop up at the end.

[Image: zvpuMU.jpg]

Many thanks go out to both Sams for passengers rides, and Dum for the extra run ticket ;-) After all the runs, marque moving, safety briefings, sandwiches, and sitting there was barely any time to have a poddle round the cars themselves. Disappointed Frosty had already lost his on tour stickers!!!

How good Pugfest was, FCS was the total opposite. Me and Bates were the only campers, although we managed to ally ourselves to an old 306oc staple Kent, who's now proud owner of a gorgeous Liquid Yellow 225 Meg. Me and Bates ended up looking, and failing to find a Kebab shop so ended up in a pub watching the Belgium-Brazil game.

[Image: h0hMzR.jpg]

Our stand was well out of the way, but the traffic past was ok, mainly thanks to some absolutely nuts rat-look 406s that parked up next to us! The show itself was the usual affair, far too many Renaults, loads of DS3s, and a too small dealer-section. What was great though was running into the chap Bates knew with the 280bhp N/A 205, the really good 208 turnout (That's the future afterall), the England win, and of course... the track time.

[Image: uBVoOL.jpg]

[Image: C9141o.jpg]

Sam was kind enough to take my shotgun for most of his laps, I think Frosty got some good finish straight pics, and we set a couple of blistering laps before having a spin of the first corner of the following lap! haha

Really can't recommend Hankook tyres enough either, Sam runs a set, and after each set of laps they'd sort his tyre pressures give advice etc. And eventually they even lent him their racing driver... first to go out with him to show him the best lines and braking zones and then took him out in the competitive c1!

With show season really over in just a week and our epic roadtrip a fading memory it leaves the rest of the year with no real Rallye outtings. So last report for a while, I guess I'll try and throw up a few updates as and when I acquire parts. But that'll be about it. Will upload photos now...

[Image: fG5l7I.jpg]

Spot the difference

[Image: BYdprJ.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Epic shot of the Rallye from Pugfest. Credit goes to trugga on Flickr and a big thanks to Frosty for finding it.

[Image: 4EgpiZ.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2018-8.jpg]

[Image: 2018-10a.jpg]

[Image: 2018-18.jpg]

[Image: 2018-19.jpg]

Traditional end of season photoshoot. Little bit artsy with the photoshop this year Rofl

This'll be the last outing for the Rallye before she's tucked away again until next year. Hopefully re-emerging in May for another jaunt through Europe!

[Image: 2018-5.jpg]

[Image: 2018-7.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Nice pics orta. Ill be after the originals for the calendar for sure.
Thanks given by:
She looks good man and no worries on the pugfest run. I think the back is looking a tad high in the recent photos though.
You finding some decals over the winter?
Thanks given by:
Yeah Sam just hit me when you need the hi res files. 

I’ve got a set of original decals!!! Not sure I wanna put em on yet. Thinking of going orange on the steels tho!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Lot on my end this year so the Rallye won’t be taxed / insured. Took her down for MOT couple of weeks ago before insurance ran out and she passed first time. Quite a few advisories getting tho, including leaking from the braided hoses I only got last year :’-(

We’re moving house, I’ve got the van to convert #camper, and might be doing a secondment abroad at work so it does really leave little time / funds to do anything with it. Plans next year are sorting all the advisories out (which will include some more welding), standard decals, go a boring colour (black or white) on the steels or out the ‘clones back on, oil cooler, better fan (and sort out some sort of on/switch, Rallye remember no ac button mod option) and some better rear shocks.

I’ll still be at Pugfest tho either in the van or new daily.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
look forward to seeing you at pugfest!
Thanks given by: