GTi 6 Clutch and Flywheel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi 6 Clutch and Flywheel
Times come to do my clutch and I’m thinking whilst I’m there I’ll put a lightweight flywheel in. Few questions, what brand Lightweight flywheel is the one to go for? Standard Valeo/LuK clutches good? Whilst I’m there is there anything else I should replace? Thanks for any help.
Thanks given by:
How are you planning to use the car Chris? Standard road or lots of hard launches on track?
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2019, 10:10 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: How are you planning to use the car Chris? Standard road or lots of hard launches on track?

Just road use with the occasional track outing. Not a fan of launching cars anyway haha
Thanks given by:
I think there is only one readily available flywheel. Theyre made in Ipswich but I cant remember the name of the company. I had one on the 1.8 and on the rallye and its great. Not sure on clutch. Any of the OEMs should be fine.
Thanks given by:
Am not really experienced enough to be offering advice on uprated clutches & flywheels. I knew someone would want to know the answer to the above tho.

If you get advised to go standard clutch then from what I've read in the past Valeo ones get consistently recommended.  I was lucky enough to get one recently packaged up by Motaquip.  https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=37233 .  Still available n now only £40!!  (Not 100% guaranteed you'll also find a Valeo one inside tho, but likely).
Thanks given by:
Cheers, I’m not looking for an uprated clutch, just wanted to see if there was any ‘oem’ Ones to stay away from. I see Pug1Off and Spoox are offering flywheels but don’t know what they’re like. Don’t want to take a risk when I use the car to get to work and back.
Thanks given by:
As for the clutch i think i come across some motaquip ones on ebay which are valeo ones and were pretty cheap i think. I'll try and find the link later on and send it to you.
Thanks given by:
Ttv are the normal choice for lightweight flywheels it’s what both spoox and pug1off sell also rich w from the gti6 forum can supply
Thanks given by:
Yeah I’ve heard good stuff about Rich W and TTV flywheels. Does Rich have a contact number or website?
Thanks given by:
Here's a link for the clutch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motaquip-3PC-...3216004902
Thanks given by: