MOT emissions fail data interpretation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOT emissions fail data interpretation
Chaps, please help me with this table, may as well be Chinese.

Car's a 1.4, 107K miles. Just serviced, new spark plugs, oil, petrol and air filters, Redex oil and petrol additives. I have a new cat but it's from Eurocarparts and reading through the related posts, changing this probably won't help since it was cheap and probably not so cheerful.

I did gun the c**p out of it before it went in for the MOT, however it did then sit with the engine off for about 10 minutes before it was tested. Looking at the fast idle data, the CO after 2nd test appeared to have dropped. My question is - the 'actual value' is nearly twice over the limit which to me would ring alarm bells but I literally have no clue if this can be remedied by even more Redex or something like Forte which I've been reading about on this forum.

Pic of the emissions fail attached. Cheers :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
High CO without the others being high is usually down to a dodgy cat tbh. Those cheap cats need to be really hot to work.
Thanks given by: balkan_bozo
I would say it's an issue with the cat, as tom said the cheap aftermarket cats do need to be really hot to get the CO into the limit. It maybe worth putting the new one though to try and get it to go through.
Thanks given by: balkan_bozo
It was the cat. The new Eurocarparts cat got it through the MOT. Thanks chaps ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
From my limited experience cheap pattern cats do tend to work when new, but they don't always last for many years. If you're just trying to keep it going for a bit longer they can be OK.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emissions :( Kristina 13 6,433 04-06-2018, 05:56 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  CO2 emissions baz1701 3 2,161 30-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Last Post: John1.4
  Saxo 1.1 TU Failed MOT on emissions Dave 14 4,106 04-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough