2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP
Hiya everyone. So glad to be a registered member. This is my first post so please be gentle. I have read up on the HDI forum etc but need specific answers. Cheers in advance

I have a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara with the RHZ engine and I have a remap from HDI Tuning. Am gonna use the vehicle for green landing and more off roading so I need not just power but more torque. The map I have is the 140/145 bhp. 

I have (but not Installed) a universal  ebay 600mm intercooler for FMIC. I will be getting the exhaust sorted to 3inch straight through and a snorkel.

What would be the best turbo for better low end boost? Fro  what I have read, the TD04 seems the better option but I am most likely wrong, I would prefer a non Garret turbo due to long term reliability issues but the iveco GT2056 also gets mentioned a fair bit . question 1. What model of these turbo especially the TD04? 

Other part is the MAP sensor. I want a 3 bar sensor and Question 2. Which make or type is best? I hear read a fair bit of the cheap eBay ones not good enough for accurate readings.

I have a spare RHZ engine waiting to be installed. Other things CP3 pump, maybe injector tips.. 

Any feed back will be greatly appreciated and any questions welcomed
Thanks given by:
Get the parts you have, installed, then load the map/ask for a map to suit the parts/your need.
You'll get NO low down torque with a Subaru TD04, if that's what you are referring to.
However there are 10s of different TD04s

A small VNT would likely be more suitable
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheer Piggy.. VNT, Okay so HDI Tuning will sort the mapping for that out.. which VNT?

Today i changed the Boost Sensor, and the Turbo Solenoid after constant P0243 error. i then noticed gunk on the No2 injector and the hissing sound so tried to tighten the bolt and it was loose and when i unscrewed it i noticed it has run the tread in the cylinder head. he last person that worked on the injector had installed the stud the wrong way round so it only had a little bite into the cylinder So HELI coil or bigger bolt?
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2018, 05:12 PM)bibikola Wrote: Cheer Piggy.. VNT, Okay so HDI Tuning will sort the mapping for that out.. which VNT?

Today i changed the Boost Sensor, and the Turbo Solenoid after constant P0243 error. i then noticed gunk on the No2 injector and the hissing sound so tried to tighten the bolt and it was loose and when i unscrewed it i noticed it has run the tread in the cylinder head. he last person that worked on the injector had installed the stud the wrong way round so it only had a little bite into the cylinder So HELI coil or bigger bolt?

Helicoil if you can. keeps all bolts the same.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
thanx MagentaSunset. will get the helicoil or thread inserts sorted next weekend cos i have no injector washers. Any ideas for a VNT?
Thanks given by:
alas no. some of the other guys have done some work with them.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
i was recomended a gtd2060vzk, most go for a vacume vnt as its less work but there are some about thay will do the convertion for you

most likley the best thing for you would be a gt17v or a gt 14v
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Direct fit turbo upgrade. (hdi) bashbarnard 21 8,252 17-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: loli_04
  Turbo upgrade Jukie88 22 6,557 23-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Poodle