Bumper, Bonnet, paint job cost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bumper, Bonnet, paint job cost
Hi All

I am after some advice regarding getting a bumper and bonnet painted.

The short story is ..... I stopped behind a Mitsubishi 4x4 at the traffic lights. The lights went green and we both pulled away as you do.  He then stopped dead, and so did I, with plenty of room to spare. He then reversed. I sat there in amazement as he reversed hard into me. The front of the 306 HDI is absolutely wrecked. There was not a scratch on the Mitsubishi 'tank thing'. 
The 306 bumper is broken beyond repair, the bonnet is bent and trashed, the number plate is broken, both the aircon and main radiators are trashed beyond repair, the twin fan unit is trashed beyond repair, and one headlamp needs replacing as the bracket is smashed. Oh, and I need two bits of trim to go under each headlamp. That's the bad news. The good news is I have all the parts on another HDI that is off road with engine damage, and it looks like I can repair virtually all of the front end damage with little cost (and a lot of my time!). The down side is that the donor 306 is Silver and the 306 I want repaired is Moonstone Blue.

So, I am thinking of taking the Silver bumper and Silver bonnet to a paint shop for a Moonstone Blue paint job.
Have any of you got experience with this, and are there any pitfalls I should look out for? Have you any idea of how much the cost is likely to be? I don't mind paying for a decent job, but I need to keep the cost down.

The Mitsubishi driver is being pretty decent and has offered to pay a reasonable amount towards the repair, as he wants to avoid the insurance claim. That also suits me as with 222,000 miles on the clock the car is only worth a few hundred pounds, so my insurers would definitely write it off and I would be without a decent motor (I love my 306).

Thanks for reading.

Steve
Thanks given by:
I'll answer my own question. Been quoted today, £335, £450, and £600 for spraying the two bits off the car. Go figure!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Injector rebuild / Rough cost mcglynn 8 1,593 18-08-2014, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Cost roughly for fmic kit for hdi 306? maguire1992 31 10,853 30-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Last Post: maguire1992
  Cambelt change cost? C.A.R. 7 2,710 03-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Ricky