Newbie with HDI meridian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie with HDI meridian
Hello everyone.

Just brought a 2001 meridian 2.0 HDI with 76000 miles on the clock.

I drove it back from nuneaton to sleaford which is about 80 miles and did 70 - 80mph on the A46 on the way back.

I then did a couple of other 12 miles trips and then a 40 mile trip on A roads not ragging it at all 60mph max and not accelerating to fast.

it turns out after brimming it again I only got 36mpg!! 

Any ideas why this could be? I'm thinking it needs a service as the last one recorded in the service history book is at 57000 miles. It could have been serviced since but there is no paperwork to prove.

I've had a look around and cant see any fuel leaks or anything.

Loving the car though it pulls well and has great retro looks.

i've had a 205 and 309 in the past so its great to be back in an old pug!

Plans are to get a decat and remove the back box and have a middle box as the back box and get a stage 1 map.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the mpg front.

Rich.

resized pic hopefully works haha

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Great to see another local 306 owner! Sucks about mpg, like you say start with a good service with quality oils
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
where about are you bud?
Thanks given by:
welcome aboard!
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum. Thats a pretty good find you've got there with them miles on it. Very rare to find any 306s that low.

As for you MPG i would say that is very low. In my daily i never seem to get below 45mpg. I would say get fully serviced and i reckon you could have a maf issue causing the poor MPG.
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2018, 06:53 PM)Frosty Wrote: Welcome to the forum. Thats a pretty good find you've got there with them miles on it. Very rare to find any 306s that low.

As for you MPG i would say that is very low. In my daily i never seem to get below 45mpg. I would say get fully serviced and i reckon you could have a maf issue causing the poor MPG.

Thanks bud how much is a MAF and do I need a genuine Peugeot one or can I get one from eBay? 

Yeah I’m really happy with the low miles and how it drives apart from the poor MPG!
Thanks given by:
It is definitely worth getting a genuine VDO one, there not cheap but cheap MAFs are not worth bothering with in my opinion.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peuge...dd0&000009

Currently about £90 with discount code

Even cheaper on GSF with discount code for 60% off. Premium which i think would be a VDO one is about £66 https://www.gsfcarparts.com/parts/fuel-e...ass-sensor
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Newbie with Peugeot 306 Meridian tomtom598 2 1,824 01-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rory - Cabriolet Meridian newbie rorywebb432 6 1,641 06-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Last Post: 7057sam