New 306 owner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 306 owner
Hello

Bought a 1997 306 1.6 Meridian recently as my previous car failed it's MOT, tidy car, 90k on the clock and everything seems to be working, really enjoyed giving it a good clean and polish, takes me back 35 years to when I had my first ever car, So I've decided to keep it for a bit of fun doing it up...

What would people suggest the first things I could do engine wise? runs ok... usual heavy clutch etc, was going to start with the basics... air filter, spark plugs, oil filters etc. what else would people suggest? Timing belt maybe?  

The journey begins lol
Thanks given by:
Hi there. Welcome to the club. If you passed your test 35 years ago you're even older than me! Advantage is cheap insurance tho Smile!  

The things you've suggested doing on the car are a good starting point. I'd probably do the fuel filter too if the vehicle has limited history. If there's no record of when the cam belt was done then yes, that along with guides, tensioner & water pump should be done sooner rather than later.
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2018, 08:26 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: Hi there. Welcome to the club. If you passed your test 35 years ago you're even older than me! Advantage is cheap insurance tho Smile!  

The things you've suggested doing on the car are a good starting point. I'd probably do the fuel filter too if the vehicle has limited history. If there's no record of when the cam belt was done then yes, that along with guides, tensioner & water pump should be done sooner rather than later.
Cheers will make a list Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTI-6 owner soon to be d-turbo owner instead LukeC88 36 12,065 01-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Jonny b