Has my ECU bricked?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has my ECU bricked?
Ok so the car has been sat for a year with the ECU on the shelf. Now I've plugged it in to pp2000 and I get a message that "fault coad reading has failed"and also get question marks in the live data 

Help me please
Thanks given by:
remove the ECU and clean the pins with a toothrbrush and contact cleaner. try and do the socket as well and try again.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
turns out it had
Thanks given by:
Had what? Bricked? From being sat for.a year unused?
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
These guys are very good.  https://www.cartechelectronics.com/   Have used them a couple of times. You could:

> Send your existing ECU for diagnosis/repair (cost unknown) or
> Get them to supply a replacement unlocked ECU (expensive) or
> Source an ECU from a scrappy n get them to unlock it (cost me about £80 recently).
Thanks given by:
yep it briked from being sat on a shelf for a year, i will just reflash it if i need to.
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2018, 11:59 AM)madmadmax Wrote: yep it briked from being sat on a shelf for a year, i will just reflash it if i need to.

That's not bricked if you can re-flash it.  Idea

What you have is a corrupted ECU - maybe from static/dust etc? Smile
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Depends.

Single plug can always do a OBD write whether locked or unlocked. I can unlock EDC15C2s if anyone wants it done... ECUs don't just lose data themselves after sitting on a shelf though.

(16-09-2018, 11:59 AM)madmadmax Wrote: yep it briked from being sat on a shelf for a year, i will just reflash it if i need to.

Reflashing the Flash ROM (program data) won't do anything if the EEPROM has lost data - two separate parts of the ECU. You can't "reflash" the EEPROM with pretty much any consumer tools, PP2k is your only way along with the original pin code for the BSI/CPH module.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help! Bricked ECU Poodle 60 18,282 22-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Poodle