My Pug

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Pug
Here's "Tony", my '99 1.4 Meridian. Had it about 3 years now, done tens of thousand and miles and been incredibly impressed with it. I did want to clean it all up for these photos but I'm quite busy so just thought I'd upload a few basic pics. I do about 300 miles a week with him up and down the motorway. Since I've had it, I've had to replace the clutch and coil pack and it's been broken into twice. Also, the wiper motor arm recently went and had to be replaced. But well worth keeping going for the time being, currently 140,000 miles on the clock, which is a lot on what it was when I got it. There's nothing particularly special about him, it's standard fare and a small engine, but it's a great car and I'd like to get the few dinks on if sorted if possible, or just generally try and keep it at least half well looked after. My pet peeve with it is a damaged flywheel and thus a sort of strange, dodgy feeling when coming in or out of first; this was done by an unhelpful RAC man who diagnosed a gone clutch as it just 'being stiff' (overnight...) On the passenger side door is a badly damaged broken doorlock as the result of a break-in last year; I've considered having this fixed, but as it got broken into again recently, am debating whether it is worth fixing; the central locking still works. There's also some cosmetic damage just under the drivers side headlight and the near the passenger side arch which I have included in the photos. Nice to be on here anyway and seeing other people enthusiastic about these fantastic machines.

P.S. Let me know how the photos work out, I'm unsure of sizing here.

Cheers,
Harry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Pics work fine dude. It certainly looks a sturdy workhorse! Did you not fancy a diesel doing that kinda mileage?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Seems like the car has been serving you well. I've never driven a 1.4 but by all accounts they go quite well fir their engine size n can do big miles.

Shame that thieving toerags have knackered the locks. You could change them n have 2 keys - 1 for the doors n 1 for the ignition. There's a Peugeot breakers in Brislington where I've managed to get a few bits n pieces. Tel 971 2277.
Thanks given by: Pughawk
If you do ever have to replace it definitely look at the diesels. Im surprised a 1.4 is doing so well. They usually have issues before they hit 100k!
Thanks given by:
This is my first car so I didn't really consider much beyond general reliability when I got it; I didn't know I'd end up in the job I'm in and driving so much, I thought it'd just be something to get about in, so getting a diesel didn't cross my mind. Though I knew I wanted a 306 as my sister has had 2 (on her second) and, back down in the Devon countryside, everyone seems to drive a 306. But yeah, I've been thoroughly impressed with it, which is why I'm on here really, I'm 'into them' now.

Are the diesels any good then? Better for such mileage and workload ya think?
Thanks given by:
My mums non-turbo diesel has just met its end after being driven thru some deep water and bending a rod Sad It has 282K on the clock and the engine nor pump had ever been worked on.
Thanks given by:
Pics works great Harry and love your Meridian. Are you looking for a reliable mechanic ? I bet after fixing all the mentioned issues, you will get a buyer for your Meridian !
Thanks given by: