98 XSi back window

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
98 XSi back window
Hi All

My Pug got its rear window smashed last weekend and I'm told by Autoglass that the part is now obsolete. I can't seem to find anywhere that might still stock one.

It's a Cherry red XSi (1998) - does anyone know where I might get hold of either some glass or the whole back door?

BTW I can't actually open the door yet, possibly I shut some glass in the lock...

Extremely grateful for any and all advice and information.

I live in Twickenham, SW London by the way!

Cheers

Guy
Thanks given by:
Mmm, might be worth phoning round some other auto glass suppliers. If no luck then a tailgate from a breakers could be the way to go.
Thanks given by:
i've got a a few back windows here if that's what you mean and not the boot, bit far from you though, just find someone breaking a car mate Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Screens are probably still available from Peugeot somewhere....there will be some tucked away in a dealers...

If you can get a second hand glass, I'd go for that.....had always thought you couldn't remove the glass from a tailgate without breaking it but seems I'm wrong unless Matt means rear door or rear 3/4 windows, rather than tailgate glass....
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Ah yes, sorry, maybe you meant rear side window rather than boot? Breakers is the way to go. Got a front window from one a while back after it got broken in to.  Had a slight scratch but fine apart from that.
Thanks given by: