Van Hunt (formerly Transit Tuning)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van Hunt (formerly Transit Tuning)
my flat-mate is contemplating getting an 04 plate trannie, and at some point would like to boost the bhp.
what's the most effective way of going about this please?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
A remap is available via a postal service or on site at their premises by Vantuner.
They are based in Ruislip. Costs about £200-250.
Highly regarded on the Transit forum.
My current mk6 van, same model as yours, has been mapped by somebody but i may still take it to Vantuner because I'm sure theres more in it still.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
cheers for your info. I've passed it on. Smile ThumbsUp
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
No problem.
Is it RWD or front?
There are little gains to be had on the RWD vans as the final drive restricts them a lot.
They accelerate faster but still rev at 3.5-4K in fifth at 65-70MPH. Some had a 6 speed box but were not common.
FWD vans respond very well to remaps and can be quite a laugh for a box on wheels. Final drive is long and they build up speed almost forever.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2018, 06:18 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: No problem.
Is it RWD or front?
There are little gains to be had on the RWD vans as the final drive restricts them a lot.
They accelerate faster but still rev at 3.5-4K in fifth at 65-70MPH. Some had a 6 speed box but were not common.
FWD vans respond very well to remaps and can be quite a laugh for a box on wheels. Final drive is long and they build up speed almost forever.

it was a fwd. but was not as good in the metal as in the ad. Dodgy Confused
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
They rarely are. They will almost all need welding now.
Check the spring hangers and outriggers as these are obviously important and MOT fails if too bad.
Also have a look at the chassis rails behind the rear wheels as they often go there as well.
And stut tops, inner sills, cab floor, load area where it meets the wheel arch....etc.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2018, 06:18 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: They rarely are. They will almost all need welding now.
Check the spring hangers and outriggers as these are obviously important and MOT fails if too bad.
Also have a look at the chassis rails behind the rear wheels as they often go there as well.
And stut tops, inner sills, cab floor, load area where it meets the wheel arch....etc.

thanks buddy
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
following on;
where to find a SWB/MWB, Hi/Mid roof van in decent, ie no welding, for under 2k?
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
If you want a fast van, get a Renault Trafic
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
do they come with standing room in the back?
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
As above. If you want a van that needs no welding, buy a vivaro/trafic/primastar.
They come in various states of tune, they're not all fast. Likewise a transit.
They do make high and medium roof versions and LWB. They aren't that big though TBH and not that common second hand. I personally dont find the seat very comfortable either, but that may well be me.
They hold their money reasonably well so there aren't many around, that are decent, for under 2 grand but they can be had.
Try and fi d one with at least SOME history because the engines need regular oil and filter changes and are prone to injector failure.
Injector failure can be a PITA as they are generally so well attached to the head you can hang the whole van by the injector and it wont come out.

TL;DR
Good vans for corrosion resistance, engines can be fragile.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
thank you very muchly Smile
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
can an LDV run on SVO (veg)?
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
The older ones run a transit 2.5 DI engine and will run happily on it.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
cheers!
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
only one way to go V6
the real question is Cosworth or Essex

having been passenger in a RWD transit with a cosworth lump towing a rallycar at over 100MPH and its still pulling fully loaded
its some animal!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
There is a reason i bought a v6 ford cougar.
It wasnt to look cool in a cougar. My minibus is already a 2.0 DOHC sierra engine so a V6 conversion should be a lot easier as i have the correct diff, gearbox, tank, fuel lines filler neck and so on.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
my mate has a Cougar.
but he says he'd prefer a panel rather than a minibus.
(it's his money)
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transit connect losing coolant Niall 1 1,761 20-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Last Post: cully